“Good hotel, reasonable value for Stockholm.”
Review of Hotel Hansson

Hotel Hansson
Ranked #123 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We have stayed in a few 4* Stockholm hotels and the Hansson compares favourably. Our initial room was quite rustic but large and comfortable. Although the room was clean the bathroom had several long black hairs on the floor and in the shower area. Being early April it was very cold outside (only 2 – 3°C) and the room was not especially warm but was made worse by the maid leaving the window open on our second day and by the time we got back in the evening it was freezing. Fortunately the hotel was quite quiet and we were move to an executive room on the 5th floor – very nice – warm and comfortable, with a clean, spacious bathroom and under floor heating. In both rooms the beds were good and we slept well. The breakfast was okay, a little lacking in fruit but that could be the time of year, could have been better for a 4* hotel. Would I stay there again? Yes, but not between October and April.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Hansson

Reviewed April 4, 2012

So, first thing we noticed were the nice surroundings and a beautiful lobby, which was very elegant and nicely decorated. Stunned by the first glance of the room which had a rustic charm to it with wood rafters and stone floors, a giant bed with a huge pile of pillows and everything in shades of brown and gold. The bathroom, also decorated in brown, was very roomy, had floor heating and offered good quality shampoo, conditioner, soap and body lotion. So far so good. However, when I had a closer look the bed tables I noticed they had not been cleaned, they were dusty and sticky and I even found a hair on my side, yuck! The little snack table and the TV shelf were equally dusty with water marks after glasses, not nice at all! It destroyed my first good impression of the room. I ended up cleaning them myself, with increasing irritation.The bed was extremly comfy, we slept like babies, and the service from the reception was indeed very good. I asked them if they could keep our bottle of wine in their fridge for later (since the hotel room didn't have a refrigerator) which they graciously agreed to, even tho they probably would have liked to sell their own wine at the hotel bar instead. Later that night, when hubby and I bought two glasses of white wine from the hotel bar (wine was delicious!), we asked if we could bring them to our room to enjoy there, which they allowed. I really appreciated that they were willing to change some of the hotel "rules" for our comfort, that's good service to me. The breakfast the following day had everything you could ask for, bacon, eggs, different types of bread, waffles that you could make yourself, yoghurts and loads of different types of cereal, fresh fruit and vegetables, juices, teas and coffee. The breakfast place was very inviting and peaceful, with candles and soft music in the background. Might have been the best hotel breakfast experience I've had actually! Check in and check out went smooth. The guy in the reception was new at work but very eager to help so it wasn't a problem at all. To sum it up, had the room been cleaner I would have given Hotel Hansson a 5 star rating. My advice to the hotel owners, get better cleaners, you don't deserve to get a bad rating just 'cause they're not doing their job.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JessFromSweden
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The out side of the hotel is fine, the reception is small, and the breakfast area is ok and as could be expected for a relatively small hotel.

However I was amazed by the poor quality of the room! Really I dont think I have ever seen a worse room for even half of this cost and I often stay in Hotels in many countries.

I booked via Hotels.com and paid 1,495 SEK ( €164). Note that this was if anything slightly more expensive than the hotel directly- so be careful with booking sites. The first room I was offerd had a broken toilet and the shower bracket was also broken so the shower head hung down by the wall. The room was creaky with a cheap lino floor. I asked to change the room. I was told that it was a room for rennovation, I mentioned that as far as was aware I had booked a room, regardless and in a 4* hotel at that price I expected a lot more. In fact I have stay at a Lithuanian hostel and had fully work facilities at 1/10 of the price.

I complained and was told the hotel was full (?????). But they found a second room for me, this at least had a working shower and toilet. However the toilet was stained and the bath room cheap and in a very poor state of repair (ref uploaded photo).

Apparently there are a few other rooms in the hotel that have been modernised and cost only a few Euro more. I have not seen. But based on these facilities and my expereince it is extremly poor value. It should be at least 1/3 of the price beieng charged and it should be made very clear that the room will be of simmilar quality to an Accor Formula 1 hotel, except that also many things will be broken in this hotel.

In additon wifi is extra, there is minute storage space, no double glazing in the bathroom (fortunately not winter). No Arico, no laundry bag, stained and marked furniture. Positive; the bed was clean and quite comfortable.

Oh, yes, my glass was broken at breakfast- but did not mention, at time I focussed on the check out !

If you have to stay there ensure completely that you get the renovated room that they show in their publicity. I see reviews from people that have stayed there that have been quite happy. But in principal I would recommend not to stay because of their practice of offering low quality broken rooms at high prices.

Room Tip: If you have to stay; never take a room that it is to be removated for a price more than €60. Ensure...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank PeterCbrussels
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed at this hotel, on recommendation of a colleague, whose office was located nearby. It's a couple of stops from Centraal by underground, and there's quite a few shopping areas and restaurants close.

It has a very nice restaurant, that we ate at our first evening. We went with Swedish special meal. The chef actually came out from the kitchen to ask how we enjoyed the meal. They were quite helpful and explained the history of the meal itself. We also had breakfast, included in the room rate. Breakfast was good quality and lots of choice.

The room was comfortable and looked out on a quiet side street. Being on an outside wall allowed me to connect via an outside WiFi service - no in-hotel WiFi service.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I was in Stockholm for a week on business and it was my first time in Sweden. This great old hotel was provided by my Swedish business colleagues. It was charming, with a great lobby, a sidewalk sitting area with table service from the bar, and a wonderful breakfast buffet. My room was pleasant, if spartan by US standards. The price-included breakfast buffet was outstanding, but the real jewel here is the staff - polite, efficient and extremely helpful. Even things that weren't there concern, they tried to help. I left my camera in a cab they went out of their way to make and calls to attempt retrieving it. It wasn't just that incident though, the entire week was marked by their friendly attention and efficient work. I will definitely be staying here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank barger52
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Room in may was one of the cheapest in Stockholm city. A few weeks later terribly expensive - just like all hotels in Stockholm during tourist season.
No hairdryer in the room - disappointing since it is a four-star hotel.
The breakfast though was fantastic!
Good situated in Vasastan and walking distance to large parts of Stockholm city.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We booked this hotel and had a choice of paying extra for a refurbished room through hotels.com, we decided to pay extra because of some of the reviews onTA. When we arrived a very nice member of male hotel hotel staff informed us we'd been "upgraded" when we got to our room it was unrefurbished and in pretty poor condition. Normally i would have just left it but we'd paid extra sso asked to be moved. The female staff member said they were fully booked and inly had single rooms left... We went back to the room only to discover that the lock was broken and the room not secure. They told us they only had single rooms - we had to move so went into a single refurbished room...it was very nice but a single with a small bed. We asked to be refunded the difference only to be told that it was no longer a single but a "mini double" and the female staff member wouldnt tell us the difference in price. She was rude and had a take it or leave it attitude. There was more that transpired but dont want to write too much. If she'd just been more apologetic we would have been fine. We got two drinks on the house but the attitude was appalling.

• Stayed: July 2011