All reviews kings garden queen room garden hotel gamla stan old town crystal chandelier perfect location lovely hotel modern amenities bed was very comfortable rooms are small thoroughly enjoyed our stay third floor within walking distance loved this hotel wonderful city breakfast was excellent
Reviewed August 14, 2018

We had (I think) the smallest room available for two people. It was essentially just the double bed and the ensuite bathroom, but it was very clean and cosy. The air conditioning was very good, and if the window was closed it would block out all the noise. The staff were very helpful and friendly, breakfast was fantastic.

Location is fantastic, we barely used public transport as we could walk to most of the places that we wanted to.

It is obviously a small-ish hotel, but what they do with the space and decor is fantastic.

Wi-fi would occasionally stop working but it was fast when it was, and we didn't like the restaurant food. We would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelKungstradgarden, Chef Concierge at Hotel Kungstradgarden, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Dear squidbell,

It's a pleasure to read your review and that you had a wonderful stay with us, despite some minor issues with the Wi-Fi. Feedback of all sorts are of course essential for us, as it is the foremost way of knowing what we do well and what needs to be improved.
Unfortunately, we cannot improve the size of our Small Double rooms, but I can instead warmly recommend one of our Queen Superior or King Deluxe rooms for your next visit. Hopefully, it will be in the not too distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2018

We had a great experience at this hotel for four nights. Our room, Room 325 facing the park, was large and warm with lots of light. The full breakfast every morning was excellent with lots of options to satisfy every taste. The staff was particularly friendly and professional, coming from different countries around Europe. The French restaurant, Brasserie Makalös, was a pleasant surprise. The food was always delicious - had two dinners here. The hotel was centrally located, a short walk to many of the main attractions and transportation. We highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for room 325, escargot and Boeuf Bourguignon at the restaurant
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Kevin 56003,

I can't thank you enough for your kind review and for taking your time to write it. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us and I'm very happy that you us of all the hotels in Stockholm.
Please make sure to contact me for a reservation next time you find yourself coming to Stockholm; we look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2018

The people were wonderful here, the room very clean and well-thought out, as well as quite spacious. It did overlook the courtyard/restaurant but that did not bother me; shutting the curtains worked just fine when I needed them closed, otherwise it did provide some daylight. I will say it was plenty hot in the room, due to the unusually high temperatures in Sweden at the time of my visit, but it was hot EVERYWHERE. They just aren’t used to or prepared for that kind of weather. I was able to sleep, nevertheless. They were kind enough to call a couple of restaurants for me to see if it were cooler there! Not many were.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear susan w,

It was indeed superbly hot all through out the summer; there weren't more than five six days when the temperature dropped below 25C. But I'm happy to hear that you managed to cope with it and I thank you for your understanding. I would of course also like to thank you for taking your time to write your very lovely review, your kind words are very appriciated.

I dearly hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Kungsträdgården soon again.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved this boutique hotel! At first we were given a room with a view into the courtyard (which is their restaurant as well), and were a little disappointed, but quickly changed it to another one with a view to the park (room 227 - very small, but nice view!).
Yes, the rooms are very small, but extremely well appointed and stylish, everything is brand new.
Don’t miss the breakfast, it is so delicious- a lot of typical Swedish products and fresh smoothies! Will definitely come back when in Stockholm!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Anastasia K,

It's almost overwhelmingly pleasant to read your lovely review, it's truly satisfying to hear that you enjoyed our hotel so much, even though you had opted for a smaller room. I'm ever so grateful to you for taking your time to write about your experience and for sharing it.

Please come stay with us soon again!

Reviewed August 10, 2018

My wife and I stayed at the King's Garden last month. It is a very nice hotel in an excellent location. The staff is very helpful and professional. We stayed in two different rooms during our visit. They were both tiny - not even room to fit the suitcases. If you need space, this is not the place. The bathroom is decent size. The breakfast buffet is excellent.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear MTandMTMT,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review and for sharing it. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, despite that your rooms where a bit on the smaller side. Our Small Double rooms are indeed small (hence the name), but I can assure you that we have plenty of larger rooms, with lots of space for suitcases. So for your next visit, I can warmly recommend our Queen Superior or King Deluxe rooms; they are definitely worth the extra cost.

Warm regards,