“it was ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“it was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

The room was 78.90 a night...which for what we got was pretty steep.

it was a 20 mins walk from the central island, and as two girls travelling we didn't like walking around at night. taxi was about £17 to central station.

We booked an economy double room. the bed was smaller than a double and with two cases and a bag we couldn't really move in the room.

The hotel also hosted a small/medium sized rave which lasted until about 1.30am which we went to for a little while and it was HILARIOUS. However we had a train to catch early the next morning so decided to go to bed, only to be woken by the door handle going up and down and hearing french men knocking on the doors looking for soft drinks, which we found somewhat disturbing that party goers could freely wonder the hotel and try the doors, which locked from the inside luckily my paranoia had ensured this locked before we went to bed.

The breakfast is pretty good, its really basic tho.

Staff were really friendly and kind

Room Tip: make sure u get a big room!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank drsuess2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Staffordshire Moorlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

Met by the owner on arrival, booked in no problem with him pleasantly explaining what was where etc. He gave me my key and I went to my room.

First of all, you don't go on a city break to spent hours in your room, so don't let what I say put you off, but, forewarned is forearmed. I was a bit surprised at the size of the room. If you want lots of space and facilities in your room then this place isn't for you! Having said that its a boat, and the room although a bit tired, was adequate and functional. I was meeting up with my son the next day (we were going to see Slash) and he had decided to book us a small double room each,

At the time of booking they did say that the bed is 120 cm wide in these rooms, so they don't try and hide the fact, and I should say it was fine just for me, however, I would have found it far to small if the wife had been with me as I'm 6' 2" and fairly big, you might wish to check on the bed sizes of the other rooms if your going to share as it would be extremely "cosy" for a couple and I'm unsure if any of the beds in the other rooms were any bigger. The room would be very cramped if you intend to accommodate two large suitcases as well. The room contained 1 chair, a small table attached to wall, (about 18" square) radiator and additional heater (broken wheels), plug sockets, adequate lighting, an 18" hanging rail and a separate bathroom with toilet and shower. There were no shelves in the bathroom and it had a bit of a "grubby" feel to it, a deep clean and re-grout wouldn't go amiss, so accoutrements spread around the small sink had to suffice. I have read that some people had no hot water in the shower, I had plenty but I don't think the hotel was full (February 2013) perhaps this makes a difference

I was there for three nights and the bed was made each day with clean towels if required. I did not find it noisy, but did hear the occasional door slam and toilet flush, I didn't consider this a problem. Whilst not the comfiest bed I've ever slept in It was adequate and managed to sleep reasonably well.

The dining / public room consists of about 10 - 12 dinette tables seating four, many of which offering panoramic windows with a sea and city view, a serving area for breakfast and a bar for the evenings, there is another room at the front of the ship/hotel containing couches and armchairs if you wish to relax more.

Breakfast is basic and buffet style - toast making facilities, crackers, cold meats and cheese, salad (tomatoes and cucumber) cereal, muesli, marmalade, yogurt, milk and a cold drinks machine, orange/apple juice etc and each was replenished promptly when out. There was no fresh fruit. There is also a separate coffee machine with hot water for tea available for you to help yourself from. Considering this is included in the room price it is good value.

The hotel, (depending on how fast you walk) is about a 15 or 20 minute walk to Gamla Stan Tube station and a bit further to Slussen. I think Mariatorget is closer but uphill. I got a taxi from central station to the hotel for 160 sec (£16) but walked to Gamla Stan and got the tube (1 Stop) to Central Station when going home. This was not a problem if you have a pull along suitcase or back pack. I believe there is also bus stop just outside the hotel but I did not use this.

Check carefully which exit to go out of if going to the hotel by tube (At Gamla Stan turn right through tube exit barrier then left out of actual exit) or you WILL walk miles in the wrong direction!!!

I can imagine this hotel to be very popular (and noisy) in the summer as it seems perfect to sit on the top open deck, chilling with a beer taking in the view of the river. I would say though that I didn't notice any lifts and it could possibly be very difficult

Would I go back, well I would, it is very good value for money at less than half the price of the bigger hotels, and, if you know what your getting, no unpleasant surprises. If your on a budget then it's fine but I think I would probably go a bit more upmarket

Hope the above helps

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank skoobidoo
Brussels, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked a room almost a year in advance. My wife got pregnant in the meantime and we informed them, 3 months before our planned stay, that her gynecologist recommended, in writing, against travelling just a few weeks before the due delivery date. Still, with a good reason to have to cancel and ample time for them to find new customers for the room, they wouldn't refund anything, which we definitely find very unsympathetic customer service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Stonewhite

Travelers are raving about these Stockholm hotels

Falun, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed for one night and this hotel had the best price for private bathroom and breakfast in the morning. As being a cabin on a boat the room was very small but clean and comfortable with an additional heater for the winter night. There were some noises from neighboring rooms that can be disturbing, mainly the flushing of the vacuum-toilet but apart from that the night was tranquil. The public areas of the ship are great and in the morning you get a nice buffet breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mikkzo
Aberystwyth, Wales, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

We loved staying here - the cabins are dinky little love nests. Tiny, but so comfy with nice bedding .... and everything is to hand. The portholes looked out over the river to the city.

Air quality was great - air con and radiators.
... and it was QUIET! beautifully so - some people came home in the cabin above us and there was a noise esp when the super-sucky toilets flushed, and my heart sank ... but then it was quiet again.

Staff were so pleasant when we arrived. After a nap, we shared a pizza in the restaurant - reasonably priced and very tasty.

Breakfast was lovely (lots of choice and some great black bread) ....except for the coffee which could have been warmer.

All in all - a double room with a lovely view, and private facilities, bang in the middle of the city, with bedding and breakfast for £80 - bargain not to mention the novelty and romance of it being afloat!

Room Tip: Ask for the side next to the water
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patmoffett
Vyborg, Russia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

we chose this place just to spend a night nearby the citycenter. plus because of the price (the cheapest we could find for that time in august). this can be an exuse for the conditions we had in the room. don't go there if you are not used to cold shower in the morning. whatever we did "hot" water was still cold! and of corse dimentions are not for those with claustrophobia.
still the breakfast was very nice, and the view to the city hall.
staff was helpful. though it had been very difficult to communicate by email beforehands to arrange details.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EkaterinaKuga
London, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Very Basic, but clean and spotless. Like most boats the rooms were quite small, but this can be expected. Location wise was ok and near most of the Places of interest like Sodermalm and Gamla Stan.

Breakfast is very basic, but is makes up for this with the view the restaurant is quite nice ( but the food choice is quite limited). The owner is quite friendly and quick to deal with any complaints you may have.

Room Tip: Try to see if you can get a bit of a bigger room, as some of them up a few floors I think have openi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family