“Fantastic Asian Tapas”
Review of Waipo Stockholm

Waipo Stockholm
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Waipo Stockholm is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 3,046 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Norrmalm
Description: Restaurant Waipo on Drottninggatan in the heart of Stockholm offers an extremely affordable Chinese fine dining. We serve authentic flavored Chinese cuisine with an international touch. In China a restaurant visit is a social event – you meet many others, eat different dishes and remain for a long time. We want to show our guests what social dining can be like. Our dishes are served in tapas format to make it easier for two people to share the food and dine more socially. Waipo (waeipo) means grandmother in Chinese, which fits very well with our concept. It should feel like coming home to grandma at the family dinner. Restaurant Waipo is listed in the food guide Sweden’s Best Tables and was named Sweden’s best Chinese restaurant at the Asian Curry Awards in 2013.
Narvik, Norway
“Fantastic Asian Tapas”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were actually on our way to another restaurant when we found this restaurant and we did not regret for one second that we dropped the other restaurant. I have never eaten Asian food as tapas, but from now on I'm going to look for restaurants like this. The food is amazing and the staff is very nice. Must try!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank nozgorak

• Hebrew first
Stockholm
“Quality between tourist traps”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I rarely review restaurants in my hometown although I spend a lot of time in them. Perhaps thats why I disagree a lot to Tripadvisors top list in Stockholm. In my point of view restaurants at Drottninggatan, from the Houses of parliament up to Kammarkargatan, in general are tourist traps you better avoide. Waipo is something different, an Asian kitchen with a lot of ambition well worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013
Skelleftea, Sweden
“Perfect food, service can be improved”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We visited six persons for lunch, the waitor took orders for three of us and left! When we asked if the rest of us could order we were allowed to :) the food was very good though

• Visited October 2013
mexico city
“Very nice surprise after a long and exhausting day”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Thai food, tapas approach, good variety of dishes, the size of the portions make it ideal for experimenting. The price is reasonable according to Swedish standards.

Visited July 2013
Stockholm
“Don't let the address fool you, this Asian restaurant is elegant and tasty”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was sceptic at first. I mean, come on, they have everything against them: The call themselves an Asian tapas restaurant (even though I'm glad Stockholm finally have a restaurant that starts off from the idea of serving several dishes at the same time and no proper "main course"), and they are located on a street which normally means touristy places one should avoid, namely Drottninggatan. But, I was pleasantly surprised, and me and my friend had a bunch of tasty dishes and a really good time.

The restaurant recommends three dishes per person, but we ordered in nine. Everything but the cod was delicious, and the pork dishes were well cooked and melted in your mouth. My friend had the crayfish (I, on the other hand, am allergic to any seafood but scallops), and she said it was really nicely cooked.

Yes, sure, I've had better Ma Po Dofu, Hong Shao Rou and Char Siu Bao in my life, but I can't complain about the execution of the dishes. They were all well cooked (again: the cod excepted), pretty and neatly presented.

The hottest dishes we ate had the three chilis mark, and, well... I'm used to hot food, so I would have marked it with one chili, but my friend has a more delicate stomach, so for her, it was almost, but not quite, too hot.

The service was average. Not in your way, or in your face, nor not out of your way.

And, my friend is a true wine connoisseur (has it as profession) and she thought the wine list was OK.

I will go back. I liked the food, the service and the pretty restaurant, which is decorated in a modern style in black, silver and gold. And I do recommend it.

• Visited July 2013