“Seventies glamour!”

Hop-On Hop-Off and ABBA The Museum Combo in Stockholm
Ranked #9 of 308 things to do in Stockholm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: ABBA The Museum is more than an ordinary museum. Naturally, the members’ costumes, gold records, original items, memorabilia, and much, much more are here. But at this museum you are an important part of the experience! We simply want you to experience the feeling of being the 5th ABBA member. To find out what you would look like in their legendary stage costumes, to sing at the Polar Studio, to experience exciting 3D avatars, and to enter the stage together with the band.
Billingshurst, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Seventies glamour!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Not a dedicated fan but in Stockholm so thought the opportunity was to good to miss, really enjoyed it, smaller than I thought it would be. Would agree with Vanessa that audio guide not necessary, I gave up on it after the first 15 minutes. Loved the room with all the costumes and "singing with the group"A fun two hours.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
County Dublin, Ireland
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Expensive and small, but fun”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I visited this a few weeks after it opened in 2013. It was fun and interesting and interactive - but it was also expensive, so I think you should be a big fan to visit.

I found that it was very small and the exhibit rooms were overcrowded with stuff everywhere all over the walls and ceiling. Once you factor in a crowd it can be difficult to see everything and you bump into people. If it was more spread out I'd have had a nicer time.

Visited July 2013
Melbourne, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect but loved it. Having a booked time really works, it wasn't crowded and plenty of room to look and participate in the exhibits. I am naturally a bit self conscious but soon lost that and enjoyed taking part in the interactive displays . A more imaginative gift shop would be the only improvement. At my age I don't need unnecessary nick nacks, maybe some higher quality things you can use day to day without being to garish.

Visited May 2014
St. John's, Canada
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Brings you back in time”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Really enjoyed this museum. Brought me back to my teenage years. I loved looking at all exhibits, their original costumes, their props and instruments etc.. I enjoyed the interactive activities. I had a smile on my face the whole time, just like a child on a Christmas morning! Allow at least a couple of hours to really go through this museum. I would say this was the highlight of my visit in Stockholm.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Take a chance! (but not on the audio tour...not necessary)”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I lived in Sweden for several years and have a certain level of fondness for ABBA ("Dancing Queen" could almost be an unofficial national anthem...) and admiration for their accomplishments. After a day spent at Skansen, I decided to take a chance on the museum- very glad that I did. Well-organized, informative, fun stroll down memory lane with lots of interactive opportunities- I had a blast watching other museum goers perform with the hologram band (every age group imaginable)- I recommend going with a group of friends to fully take advantage of the fun. Unless you are the most dedicated of ABBA fans, the audio tour isn't necessary and is somewhat distracting: everything is posted in English as well as Swedish, and I found that finding space and time to listen to the detailed history interrupted the flow. Fun gift shop - large variety of magnets (easily packable, relatively inexpensive) of which I recommend purchasing extras for the several friends at home who will emerge as closet ABBA fans when they hear of your visit.