“Blown away! ”

Neighborhood: Vasastan
Ornskoldsvik, Sweden
“Blown away! ”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Amazing atmosphere, great wine and awesome vegetarian cuisine. Service somewhat lackning in that dessert wine didn't arrive until after dessert but other than that spottless. An absolute cant miss!

Stockholm, Sweden
“Terrible Experience!”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The restaurant is big and very smart looking. I came for lunch, the place was almost empty. I was offered a table next to a young couple with squealing baby but asked for another one! Considering the fact that perhaps eight table in this enormous place were taken I found that strange! I was early so a asked for a cappuccino which arrived in a small jug without a plate. It stayed with us until I placed it on the table next to us....We had Duck as appetiser, a tiny portion which tasted of ....nothing. A bowl of rice that came with it also just...remained on the table. All of a sudden a dish with Cod in Green coconut arrive. The portion, for two, was tiny with two min pieces of fish. My friend didn´t have a plate to eat on and we didn´t get any rice. The staff was gliding around, but finally one came by-more lukewarm rice arrived. The fish dish was also lukewarm and tasteless. When we pointed this out to the waitress she just suggested we try something else! OK! Calf cheeks in red curry arrived-at least warm but no new rice. Waited again...now lukewarm red curry that tasted of.....nothing!! We declined dessert and coffee and left to have it somewhere else. We were hungry and really fed up! The funniest thing was that my friend had been there before in the evening and told the waiter that he would have dessert instead of appetiser! Result?
Tiny portions and were charged for dessert despite the fact he didn´t have one! We just wanted to get out and did not say anything but it shows how the staff just couldn´t have cared less. I was really disappointed as was my friend and I replace Farangs business cards on my way out since I can never recommend Farang nor will I ever go back.
Do not go there-there are many other MUCH better restaurants in Stockholm! And yes, the baby was screaming like mad after a little while!!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank sacw
Stockholm
“Very good "Asian fusion" in Stockholm”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The some times small dishes are very, very good! I had (for example) cha plu leaf with smoked salmon, crispy pork with palmsugar caramel and veal cheek `Seremban`. Everything was delicious and the staff was surprisingly nice and friendly! The only negative I would say is that it´s a bit pricey.....

• Visited October 2013
Stockholm
“Very nice food and environment”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

We ordered one of their fixed menu choices and it was fantastic! The best were the soft shell crab. A must try if you go here. Very nice decoration of the place too.

• Visited May 2013
“Positive surprise!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a menu that was ordered in advance as we were 12 pax. Since it was orginized by someone else, I did not have the chance to look at the prices, the menu, and the wine list.
I am not found of fusion/concept food as I am a "traditional" type of eater, but I was amazed by the food quality and the tastes of the various dishes we were served. Good and efficient service but the small plates were not changed between the various courses!?!??... A shame as the tastes are king there!! Portions were generous too which I liked. The White wine from Alsace was very fade and even "watery" while the Red was excellent and more complexe without killing the amazing tastes. I would go back!

• Visited September 2013