“Under-impressed...”

Cuisines: Swedish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Despite a trusted recommendation, this did not live up to our expectations. We went on a Sunday, and it seemed everyone was ordering a hamburger- the daily special. Our appetizer - which consisted of two small scallops- was tasty and interesting, but it took more than 30 minutes to come. The main orders took nearly an hour. One was a salad and another one turned out to be a fancy hot dog (think baguette for the bread). All this and two beers will set you back some 75GBP.... I do not think we will give it another chance, but if you do, and it happens to be a Sunday- order the burger....the other guests seemed much more content and the service was much faster on those.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have been for Sunday brunch and dinner. There is a limited choice and the room is strange the tables in the middle feel disconnected and uncomfortable. The food tries too hard with sometimes too many tastes going on and it is not cheap. The staff are very impressed with themselves and the cool place they work rather than trying to satisfy their customers. Go elsewhere.....

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I have been here several times for Sunday lunch and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and the service is very good. I can highly recommend the Umami sandwich, the Sunday burger and their "long cooked" meat.

1  Thank Evelina S
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I've been to The flying elk a couple of times, previously I have experienced inattentiveness and nonchalance from the staff but the really good food has kind of made up for it.

The last time it didn’t, the food is still really good but staff annoyed the hell out of me. Not a single time in the whole evening did they voluntary come to our table, we have actively seek their attention. They were too busy talking to each other etc.

There are plenty of restaurants in Stockholm that servers great food and where the staff actually cares and aren’t to cool for school. Go there instead!!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

The food is experimental and fantastic.
I are the best hot dog I have ever had! It was a gourmet meal and it was a freaking hot dog!!
It's a cozy, old tavern-like setting. The staff is really fast on their feet, smiling, friendly and helpful. They have an excellent wine menu as well.

1  Thank brunicardi