“Miss it and miss out!'”

Food Tours Stockholm
Ranked #1 of 15 Food & Drink in Stockholm
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us on a culinary excursion as we visit 6-8 carefully selected restaurants, cafes and food shops in central Stockholm. Enjoy stories from enthusiastic bakers and chefs with a passion for flavors and high quality ingredients. We visit enough places during the approximately three-hour tour to make most people more than full and satisfied.
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Miss it and miss out!'”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We went on this tour with Frederick last Thursday and it was one of our highlights in Stockholm! Great fun, really interesting and lovely food. I can't recommend this tour enough! We revisited one of the food shops (Urban Deli) later that week and the guy behind the counter remembered us and welcomed us back. We had a pregnant lady in our tour group and the shops/restaurants accommodated her needs effortlessly. If you do one thing in Stockholm do this tour! We bumped into Frederick the following day in a gelato shop and he was equally as nice to us...even when off the clock. I have not written a review before but felt compelled by this tour.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Lee B

Houston, Texas
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A must for any traveler!”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

First I would like to say that Fredrick is the most professional, fun, and knowledgeable tour operator I have ever had the pleasure meeting. His knowledge about the area's history made the time in between the tastings just as enjoyable as the tastings themselves.

Every one of the locations we visited was warm in welcoming us, and served portions that were perfectly sized.

I can confidently say this should be the #1 on anyone's list that is in or will be traveling to Stockholm.

If you would like a full description of my experience and the flavors of Food Tours Stockholm,
you can find it here: http://worldskydweller.com/2013/07/20/stockholm-sweden-day-2-part-1/

Thanks again Fredrick for the awesome experience.

P.S. I will be traveling to Thailand in 2 weeks and have already signed up for Food Tours Bangkok. I hope the are as awesome as Fredrick!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Drew W
Edmonton, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We had a lovely tour with Fredrick. He was so interesting and knowledgable and he really showed us a great time in Stockholm. We loved trying all of the many different foods. Even our 8 year old son jumped in and tried most of the dishes and he just loved it. So many yummy things to enjoy. A great tour and a very fun and entertaining afternoon. A must do while in Stockholm!!!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank happycolleen
Brisbane, Australia
“Delightful afternoon”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

From the time we met Frederick the tour and his attitude to it was great. he is so ;positive and has obviously a great love of what he is doing. The tour was great with so much food we did not need dinner that night and also a deverisity of places visited. It also provded a good place to interact with locals, both people on tour and workers in places visited. We worked reccommend this tour as excellent value and a good way to see other parts of Stockholm
Gary & Lois
Australia

Visited December 2013
Carlsbad, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Best 3 1/2 hours: time and money well worth spent!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Originally, I thought this was too expensive so I had to think twice about it before I finally decided to just go for it. I am so so glad I did because it is so worth it! I first went on the Culinary Soldermalm and after, I quickly signed up for the Nordic Experience. To say I enjoyed it would be understatement. I absolutely loved it!

First, Fredrick, the host/owner/guide, is an extremely knowledgeable guy who is passionate about food. His selection of restaurants and shops are well organized. I loved how we were all greeted in each establishment with tables set and ready for us. Fredrick obviously has a great relationship with all those in the industry. Every restaurant/shop we went to had a shop keeper/server who would explain what we were tasting and how it was prepared. Some served local beer or wine if you'd perfer, to accompany the tastings. And some tastings were more like a meal! So come hungry and pace yourself.

So as I said, I was fortunate enough to do both tours. If you have the time and money, do both. They each provide something special and very different. I enjoyed Nordic Experience with tastings of local cheese and specialty dried meats through the food hall in Hotorgshallen as well as trying herring (all different ways) and of course the Swedish meatballs too. But I have to say, if you can do only one, Soldermalm can't be missed! The whole area of Soldermalm is wonderful and to experience dining in them is great! Who knows when you'd have the time to try all those restaurants in one trip. We visited 6 delicious restaurants, 1 amazing deli and the best chocolate factory in Stockholm.

Visited October 2013