“Truly a World Class Restaurant Experience”
Review of Oxelblom - CLOSED

Oxelblom
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I am so appreciative of fellow Trip Advisor commentators for turning us on to Oxelblom. This is such a fantastic choice for dinner while in Stockholm, and I cannot be more complimentary to the wonderful staff there, from the front to the table to the kitchen. Prepare for a multi course meal that is carefully derived from the regional bounty of Swedish cuisine. It seems that every few weeks two regions are selected and diners have a choice of options from those two regions. Mixing and matching is permitted but my daughter and I each chose a separate region to explore. Beer and wine pairings were also offered through the meal that perfectly captured the ambiance of a family meal enjoyed in a farmhouse in one of those regions. The dining room really actually feels like a family living room and really helps you enjoy the experience. Others have mentioned the choice of 3 or 5 courses and that truly is perfect when a bird-like eater (like my daughter) is paired with more of a, shall we say "gourmand" (like me!) The wait staff is so charming and open as well and this also warms the soul at Oxelblom. I truly think Oxelblom is a critical stop for adventurers exploring this Paris of Scandinavia -- and a restaurant experience that is as I said in the title, world class in every respect. We will definitely return on our next visit to Stockholm, with as many friends in tow as we can find!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Well I have no real idea what I had, but it was all very nice. As other reviews state - the menu is based on the region and just lists the ingredients. You chose the region and if you want 3 or 5 tasting courses.

I had 3 - it was enough unless you are very hungry.

The atmosphere is very cosy. Not a great place for a big group, but OK for smaller or more romantic places. Certainly a surprise.

Also - for what it is - quite reasonably priced as well.

A rare 5 stars from me.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The food and service were both impeccable! Fantastic place to go if you want a Swedish food experience with dishes from varying parts of Sweden. I loved all the food and our waiter was very informative when bringing out our courses which was refreshing. Really reasonably priced and not a tourist spot so you feel like you're getting the real deal. Can't wait to go again!!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

It was my first time at Oxelblom. Every meal was an advanture. Really great! If you want to taste real traditional Swedish food, don't miss this.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

We have eaten here several times, summer and winter (less crowded in January) and have always had an excellent experience. It is a small restaurant, very intimate, like dining in a Swedish living room. The menu is devoted to from two to four areas of Sweden, with three to five courses, originating solely from those areas. But they do allow you to mix and match if you so desire. Seafood, reindeer, elk and even bear, when available. Everything is served, arranged and cooked to be beautiful and delicious. They succeed.
Perhaps unusually, for Sweden, the young waiter is an expert in what wines go with each course (and you can get a wine package to go with each meal.). I was surprised to find their pairing of a Pinot noir with char went beautifully, and the heavy red with bear. Well, who knew?
You should have reservations and the directions often point to an address on the other side of the street. Don't give up. This restaurant is a real find.