“Romantic, delightful and delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oxelblom - CLOSED

Oxelblom
Cuisines: Swedish, Scandinavian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
London
“Romantic, delightful and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was just a terrific experience! The restaurant looks and feels like a cosy lounge with an eclectic mix of furniture, lighting and decor, with one wall being a bookshelf ! Matthias, who served us could not have been more attentive or knowledgeable about the wine and food matching, we were lucky enough to be able to taste several wines before deciding which one we wanted. We started with Tribaut Champagne, not so well known but fantastic, it's definitely worth trying if you haven't had it before! We both chose the 5 course tasting menus, one from Gotland (helpful that it was all gluten free) and one from Halland. The dishes were well designed to combine flavour, texture and visual appeal. The menus enabled us to sample a wide variety of Swedish food but you can order each dish separately too. The atmosphere was warm with candlelight and the soft jazz in the background was great! I will be going back and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for something special.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Traditional Swedish Foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great service with excellent traditional Swedish foods. The decor is awesome, and you know its good when its fully of locals on a rainy sunday evening. Highly recommend this place if you want to try traditional Swedish cuisine.

Visited May 2013
Tiburon, CA
“Lovely SoFo Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice dinner A this Skanegatan restaurant that has been open for about 6 months.The restaurant is cozy and warm with pleasant jazz vocals playing in the background. Our waitress, Christina from Victoria, Australia, could not have been warmer and more personable and attentive. The food was excellent, as well, and this place will now rival the Urban Deli as one of our favorite SoFo eating spots. I had a delicious wild onion soup with roe and garlic, followed by a tasty homemade sill platter with boiled potatoes and then piggvar, a local turbot, topped with grated horseradish and surrounded by smoked razor (shrimp). My wife had a great lamb dish and a warm beet with cheese appetizer before. The meal was outstanding and it was matched by the ambience and service. Our wine, a French Grenache/Syrah blend, was perfect, as well. We will definitely be coming back here.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank ankiandlarry
Minneapolis
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

My daughter and I stumbled across Oxelblom while out walking. The waitress was very friendly and helpful as the menu was only in Swedish. I had chicken, which was moist and flavorful while my daughter had a large tasty hamburger with spiced fries and two dipping sauces. A nice heirloom tomato salad came with my meal which was wonderful. The price was very good for Stockholm at 353 SEK. The decor was cute and cozy. Centrally located close to Gamla Stan. Would definitely recommend.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LMFMinneapolis
Nairobi, Kenya
“F a n t a s t i c !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Oxelblom is quite new. Friends took me there when i was on a visit to Stockholm and I was not disappointed. No way. Its a livingroom meets library meets someone with a sewing machine. Food is swedish. Half plates - so order many plates. At least 3 if you are hungry.

1 Thank Hans L