“Coffee gurus”

Ranked #22 of 145 Coffee & Tea in Stockholm
Neighborhood: Mariatorget
Neighborhood: Mariatorget
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Their espresso is only average, but when it comes to brewed coffee, the kind that gives the name to the place, they are absolute wizards. Sporting a wide range of blends that they roast themselves and showing the kind of passion that makes a caffeine lover swoon, this is a place you don't want to miss. Their staff also regularly win barista competitions, both in Sweden and abroad.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I saw one of the other reviews about the service and I will say that on one of my visits I did get let down by the attitude. Hipster is right though and the coffee is among the best in the world as the actual cup you get confirms some of the barista prizes on the wall. You can expect a wait if there are more than a few people ahead of you in the line and the staff take their time. Worth the wait. I consider myself a discerning coffee person and the latte here is the best I've tasted, with one exception in Copenhagen 10 years ago and the guy that made that cup was the world champion.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

This was the best coffee we had in Stockholm. Hipster surroundings sure but the coffee was undoubtedly great. Perfect for a hungover lazy saturday / sunday. Reminded me a bit of Saturdays Surf NYC, similar decor and feel.

1  Thank oliP21
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a quick coffee with my fiance and cousin. We shared two filter coffees as my fiance is not really a coffee fan. It wasn't what I expected, but apparently filter is the new cool thing in coffee. We also had little chocolate balls which were delicious. It wasn't what I anticipated, but it had a good atmosphere (as long as you're fine with ironic mustaches and skinny jeans) and friendly, knowledgeable bilingual service. I would certainly go back, but next time is go for an espresso!

1  Thank Matt J
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Minimalistic decoration, very simple white environment and the whole focus is where it should be: the coffee.
Filter coffee is chosen based on origin and quality of the beans, takes some 10min to prepare so come with patience. Different qualities well explained are available. You can buy the roasted coffee also to take home.

Bottom line: best filter coffee in town.

1  Thank Daniel F