“Local's dinner and meeting place”
Review of Taverna Brillo

Taverna Brillo
Ranked #264 of 3,112 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
Description: Taverna Brillo is a one of a kind, modern brasserie in central Stockholm. In addition to the restaurant and bars there is a marketplace with a bakery and breadshop, a charkuterie and delicatessen, a pizzeria, a flowershop and a coffeeshop. The venue is open from early morning to late night and is the perfect place for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a drink. The menu is inspired by the Italian kitchen and the venue is characterized by outstanding Swedish interior design.
Hendaye
“Local's dinner and meeting place”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is one of the surprising place to dinner in Stockholm. We were looking for a restaurant in the neighborhood and at last we decided to enter to the place. It was surprising the big kitchen completely open view and the dining room that is inside. Service wonderful and the plates very dressed and good combination of flavours. Also the ice cream very fresh. Very recommendable for dinner in good price in the neighborhood.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Alex G

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
College Station, Texas
“Best ice Cream and Gellato”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped here every night during our visit to Stockholm for ice cream after dinner. The ice cream was made fresh each day in the basement, and it was some of the best we have eaten. We had chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut, and pistachio. The latter two were the manager's favorites, the pistachio being made from their own pistachios cream. The manager and the security person were most friendly and helpful. The place was very popular with locals. We did not eat here, and we were surprised when the security person said there was seating for 900!. We then walked further back and found large restaurant rooms and bars and a lunchtime sandwich area not visible from the where we entered. We had assumed the ice cream facility were in the entrance to an office building or hotel.

• Visited July 2013
“Good service, not so good food”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We went to celebrate a birthday and were quite disapointed: the food was below average, boring and between tasteless and highly oversalted. At least the service was nice and quick.

Reykjavik, Iceland
“Good service and ok food. Place too big and loud”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I decided to go to this place after a recommendation from "Spotted by locals" App which usually is quite good.

The place was a little to big for my taste, lacked somewhat in character and decor. Place became a little too crowded and loud.

The service was excellent, I was dining alone and the waiter payed extra attention to me, even offered a complementary glass of prosecco.

The food was good but did not exceed my expectations.

Visited July 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Rude staff”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I am not going to comment on the food. It is decent, but nothing special on the menu. It tastes ok, but it is not outstanding and it is definitely overpriced. But hey, it's Stockholm, city center, so no comment about that What I would like to comment on is the staff... The first time we were there, a couple looking for a light after-work dinner in the city, we were met and seated by a rather bored and unpleasant waiter. It took way too long to get the bread and olive oil appetizer. The waiter strictly answered our questions, still bored and not too happy to help. Today though, July 12, around 5:45 PM, I got really angry at the staff working there. I went in with the intention of buying some of their (otherwise really tasty) mojito ice cream. A lady working there looks at me pretty annoyed that I'm interrupting her work routine, decides to come to the ice cream fridge. I say hi and ask if they have the mojito ice cream. The lady (waitress or hostess) says NO. And then, silence... She doesn't say anything else. No suggestion about some other ice cream I could have. I point at something which could have similar taste to what I want, I ask what it is - she answers. And then silence again. I do that again and then she makes the huge effort and does me the great honor of telling me about all the sorbets they have. But not a word about the row of ice creams above the sorbets...Now that's a secret, strictly kept to those she considers worthy of serving and doing her job towards! D@mn! I got so angry. Hadn't I promised someone some sorbet, I would definitely not have bought anything there! RUDE, that's what I can say. Defo not going back there very soon.