“Amazing modern cuisine”
Review of Smorgastarteriet

Smorgastarteriet
Reserve with
Smorgastarteriet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,060 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: European, Swedish
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Description: With our menu we want to offer you a culinary trip across the country of Sweden with several stops along the road. Every destination will be represented by one or more locally produced ingredient, all cooked in Smorgastarteriets way. Our beverage list is specially selected to suit our menu. Our wines are mainly from small producers all over the world and we often choose organic/biodynamic wines if the opportunity is given. Two menus are available, a shorter at 6 pm and a longer from 8 pm.
Chicago
“Amazing modern cuisine”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'll be honest. We made a reservation here because we couldn't get into Gastrologik, but I'm so glad I did. This place is a diamond in the rough. Their take on modern Swedish cuisine is simply delicious and inventive. I won't bother describing the menu as it changes, but things like the white asparagus with salmon and the mackerel that was one of the best things I ate in Stockholm stick out. The menu contained 8 items and you could choose 4 or 6 for your own tasting menu. In our table of four, we ended up getting all of them between the group, all getting the 6 course. It's the right amount of food if you like to eat. I'm a self proclaimed foodie and this place gets my vote of approval as a must visit place in Sweden. It's still a bit under the radar, but of they continue to serve food like this, it's going to be huge here. I do like how it's a little away from the city center so as a visitor, you get to see some of the surrounding neighborhoods. It's a quick taxi ride away and it is relatively close to the metro if you wanted to do that. All in all, it's almost worthy of coming to Stockholm just to eat here. Otherwise if you are traveling to Sweden, I highly, highly recommend making a stop here!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank hawkeye1991

• Finnish first
“Simply amazing”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is most probably one of the best dining experiences I've ever had in my foodie's life. I must admit I'm no expert on the Swedish cuisine, but the quality is something that goes beyond borders. We went for a 4-course tasting menu (there's also a 6-course option for the insatiable ones), paired with a selection of beverages. It was an exquisite blend of the traditional (herring, roe, seafood, ox cheeks, and the eponymous smorgastorta) with the new (emulsions, mousses, organic wines). Definitely worth at least a detour. Lady luck brought us here - make sure you drop by as well, as these guys are on a Michelin-bound trajectory.

6 Thank MsbS_79
dakin
“Brilliant little place”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Cosy (very cosy as very small) but great food and lovely staff. Phoned up to book and they were unfortunately fully booked, but took my number and promised to call if they got a cancellation. They did call back- and we had a wonderful meal surrounded by a young crowd of very cool locals. Food was great and the staff couldn't do enough for us.

Visited November 2012