“Nice French place in Stockholm ”
Review of Grand Escalier

Grand Escalier
Ranked #673 of 3,292 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ostermalm
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice place in the center of Stockholm.
Very nice food, good service, fantastic mood and a good winelist. 7/10.
If you want a very nice restaurant with good food in the centre of Stockholm this is the place.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Was yesterday there with 3 French friends. French people in a French brasserie, we know what we are talking about :-). And we were quite happy about our evening: nice atmosphere, great garden/place to eat outside (not so common in Stockholm), friendly service and the food was really good (not typical French actually. More a Swedish/French variant but it does not matter).
Find finally what I was looking for in Stockholm: a place where you just feel well and want to come again without being ruined. The food had some originality (not to much but enough to differentiate Grand Escalier from a lot of restaurants in Stockholm which just serve exactly the same dishes - my opinion), it was nicely presented and the prices were extremly correct (at least for the food. The wine price are at the "usual" level) .
One small critic: the music was too high (but good).
Good luck to the Grand Escalier and continue this way! Hope I will be as positive next time as I am this time!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sleek modern brasseri situated in one of many indoor shoppingmalls. Well designed restaurant with modern food a little suddlein taste but nice presentated dishes. A little bit for everyone.Open kitchen for life action if your company is not interesting enough. .

Reviewed November 23, 2012

Had dinner here recently, started at the bar which is outdoors, have a nice atmosphere even though it was in the cold weather, am told its very crowded during the summer months. Bartender mixed some good cocktails.

Dinner was nice, the table we got was a high one with stools, and had a bit of a rustic feel. Service was pretty good, the food was tasty though the lamb I ordered was not cooked medium well as I'd requested, and had to be redone. The wine was good.

Overall worth trying.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

A colleague who lives in Stockholm took me and another visiting colleague to Grand Escalier for dinner. It is in the Stureplan Galleria so I didn't know what to expect. However, when we walked in, I was quite pleasantly surprised with the smart design. Glass shelves all the way around with attractively displayed bottles and jars give it an authentic feeling. On a Thursday night, it was full of young (and not so young) well heeled Stockholm residents. The atmosphere was quite buzzy.
We all started with fresh Chanterelle mushrooms on toast, which were absolutely delicious, and a real treat, as apparently the season is quite short. I had the only vegetarian option for my main course - an 'unmade ravioli' - basically a large sheet of fresh pasta with vegetables. Not like an Italian ravioli as it didn't have tomato sauce and cheese. However, I think this is a French interpretation as I had something similar in a French restaurant in Brussels.
My colleagues enjoyed their dishes - one had Boeuf Bourgignon and the other had sea bass.
Overall, an enjoyable evening, with a nice atmosphere and tasty food. I would have rated it excellent if there was a choice of vegetarian dishes. Non vegetarians have plenty of choice. It is open all day, so worth a visit for lunch or a snack.