“Confusing place with a confusing menu”
Review of Bistro Bon

Bistro Bon
Ranked #1,283 of 3,304 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoFo & Medborgarplatsen
Description: Bistro Bon är en Fransk bistro belägen på Renstiernas Gata 30 precis i närheten av Nytorget på Söder. Här serveras det mat gjorda på de klassiska recepten och som lagas med omsorg och kärlek. Vi vill att varje besök skall var en njutning och varje rätt skall var en fest för gommen. Vi rekommenderar varmt Bistro Bons ankleverterrine med snärtiga tillbehör och smörsmakande brioche som smälter i munnen, deras mustiga gratinerade löksoppa samt även deras sniglar i ört-vitlöksmör. Bistro Bon har även några populära bistrorätter såsom klassiska moules frites, råbiff och chevre chaud som serveras både i hel- och halvportion. För den sötsugne finns det även en vällagad creme brulee eller varför inte lite ostar. Lagom till helgen tar Bistro Bon fram helgbrunchmenyn där det går att beställa rätter såsom omeletter, croque monsieur och egg benedict.
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I decided to go for a Dry Martini so I simply ordered it but the waiter probably didn't know the difference between a Dry Martini and a beer because it he did a lousy job on the Dry Martini. It is so disappointing when you get served by people who shouldn't be in a restaurant, when they do not now the difference between different types of Gin or when you have to specifically ask to have lemon instead of olives (olives only for cooking!!!). The menu was strange and I cannot say that the lobster I had was an amazing expereince because it was not. There is really not much more to say than the fact that the menu was a bit strange..strange mix.

This is not a bad place but it is not a place I would recommend if somebody was asking me about a good restaurant. You would go here once and then you would simply pick another place because there are so many places in this area of the city so I am sure you will find something better.

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

The staff was unpolite and poor service all together. Food was at a toleraable level but nothing special.

1  Thank ElisabetEA3
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nothing special to report. Friendly atmosphere, but not cosy. Attentive staff. Excellent chevre chaud, steak inedible. French / Swedish cuisine. Too expensive for what it is.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This friday we met after work and decided to go out around "Södermalm" and try to find a nice local restaurant. My good friend Chris recommended t o go to Nytorget 6. which is supposed to be very good. After standing there for a while we learned that they did not have any tables untill 10.30 Which was a good three hours. This is normal for stockholm. If you do wan't to go out to a decent restaurant you are well adviced to book ahead.

After stopping by urban deli. and learned the same thing we ended up eating at Bistro bon.

Bistro bon is one of the many "French bistro" Styled eateries in stockholm that has become very trendy over the last couple of years.

However the menu seems to be a mix of a french bistro and a american style steak house. We first were seated in the bar while they prepared a table for us. And the staff were very friendly and asked us if would like some drinks before dinner. We ordered some champagne that they totally forgot about when our table was ready.

I ordered the 'Plat du jour' as a set menu that in stockholm prices seemed to be really good value for money. It For starters there were oysters that were fresh and looked and tasted good. The 'terrin de canard' was more of a pate that came with something that might have been deep fried capers. But in the end no one really knew. (Not even the staff).

The Steak tartar for starter looked and tested really good. It came with the meat and all the trimmings separated. Is i like it since you can It was near perfection.

The Wagya meet burger was also very good and just the right pink and juicy medium that you would like an expensive meat like that.

The wine recommendations from the staff was o.k but they really did not understand that we wanted a traditional French wine to go with the traditional french food. We got to try a bit of a few wines they recommended before deciding on a bottle and that is always nice.

The winelist however was very unorganised and lacked relevant information such as production year and sometimes even production country.

It was also organised by price ascending which does not really make sense to me.

The staff in general was very nice and relaxed as it should be in a local bistro. The service however was not top notch and they forgot not only the Champagne put also the coffee that was ordered and for dessert they came with a spoon but no desert until we politely pointed this out. When we had finished our dinner we sat for a good 20 minutes before we finally walked to the counter and asked to pay.

+ Food was great
+ Pricing was decent
+ Good Atmosphere

- Service attention
- Unorganised Wine list

1  Thank Thomas_void
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I visited this restaurant twice in my 2 night visit to Stockholm. The first night my husband and I arrived to our hotel, it was later in the evening and we were hungry for a snack before bed. I had found this restaurant prior to getting into town, and it not disappoint. We had the burgers and the moules and two pint's of Sleepy Bulldog pale ale. It was such a quaint atmosphere. The next morning I ventured back to have early dinner because I loved it so much. I had the Tuna Bouilliabaisse. It was simply wonderful!
If you are in the area, stop by for any meal, enjoy the atmosphere and the tasty food! You won't be disappointed!