“Great food - great staff”
Review of Tradition

Tradition
Reserve with
Tradition is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3,056 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: Here at Tradition we offer you food from the Swedish cuisine as it was originally intended: Featured, uncomplicated high quality ingredients that are prepared with knowledge and care. The three restaurants all have their own unique menus selected by season and what we think is best at the time in that particular district.
Austin, Texas
“Great food - great staff”
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I came in here on a Sunday evening during midsummer, and it was crowded! That should tell you something if you know how the city shuts down during this holiday. The service was quick and friendly, speaking great english and offering advice on the menu. I ordered an old fashioned cocktail to start with and it was probably one of the best I've ever had - I later saw how the bartender made it, and this included taking some serious time including taking a flame to a fresh orange rind. Very impressive. I ordered the trio appetizer and highly recommend this. I also ordered the rolls of beef - another hit. It's very rich though, so make sure you are in the mood for something hearty. To finish I ordered the rhubarb crisp, which is pretty refreshing after such a rich meal. They offered a wine paired to each course, which is nice to find at a place that's not so expensive. I can't recommend this restaurant enough!

Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Waterloo, Canada
“Foodies, do check this place out. Simple, authentic, excellent. Recommended”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great atmosphere, friendly service, excellent food; what more does one need? Not a huge wine selection but quite adequate. Reasonably priced. If you're in town for a few days, do put this restaurant on your list to check out. Recommended casual dining!

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very good food, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Defiantly worth a visit, casual traditional dining, well prepared and presented... Very friendly staff... Busy little restaurant, booking ahead would be advised.... Wine card could be a bit bigger though, but still offers excellent value for money

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Perfect casual restaurant”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We only had two nights in Stockholm, and booked our second dinner here on the strength of the TA reviews, and the restaurant's proximity to our hotel. It is a little out of the way from the tourist areas, and as a result, I think we were the only tourists in the restaurant at the time! Seemed like everybody else was speaking Swedish, which we took to be a very good sign. While the place is not exactly romantic for a dining couple like us, it is very warm and cosy, yet with a clean and modern look. It seems family-friendly, as well.

The waitresses were all very friendly and were game to speak English with us. Our waitress was very sweet and fun. The menu had English translations but she gave us a tip or two, as well. For example, we ordered the "Tre Små Klassiker (Three Small Classics)" as a starter, which was three toasts with various toppings, and she advised us to eat the Bleak Roe on Toast first, as it was more of a delicate flavor that would be overwhelmed if we had the shrimp or anchovy toasts first. I must also mention the bread that came before the starter, as well! It was a homemade rye bread (Google tells me it's "Limpa") with a licorice flavor, which was totally, utterly awesome. The waitress offered to bring us more but we declined, to ensure we had enough room for our meal!

For our mains (we actually had trouble deciding, as everything looked really interesting), my husband had some kind of potato dumplings with lingonberry jam, which he loved, and I had the "Oxrullader med Gräddsås (Rolls of Beef with Cream Sauce, Rowanberry Gel & Potato Purée)". Admittedly, I mainly wanted to try rowanberries, as I'd never heard of them before. There were two huge beef rolls, and I could only manage to eat one! They were happy to pack up the second one for me. For dessert, we had - I think - the rhubarb crumble.

We are no experts on Swedish cuisine but it all certainly felt like traditional food: warm, hearty, tasty, and ridiculously filling. We really enjoyed having a taste of Swedish food, and the value here is very good (I mean, it's Stockholm, everything's more expensive). Overall, we loved this restaurant and would certainly return!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank christiiiiine
Malmo, Sweden
“Absolutely Fantastic”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This restaurant is really a lovely venue for a dinner with friends or family...It is very nice and clean, the personnel is absolutely nice and they didn't have problems at all in changing a few things on the menu due to food allergies. I had the beef rolls and they tasted so good, with a fantastic sauce and a very good pure. All the others were also very happy with their meal, and the dessert was also amazing. It is not expensive, considering the good quality of the food and the big portions. I surely recommend it.

• Visited June 2013