“Sometimes good, sometimes bad”
Review of Primo Ciao Ciao

Primo Ciao Ciao
Ranked #2,487 of 3,346 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I have visit the restaurant Primo Ciao Ciao Odenlpan about ten times now and the place have potential, absolutely. When a took my brother there they made a special meal for his allergy which he found delicious and once I ate a risotto that I sometimes dream about, it was that good. The problem with this resturant is that the quality varies too much, both with food and with the waiters. Sometimes the service and the food is really good but somestimes it is bad. The last time I visited the restaurant, I got a stone in my salad, a one centimeter big stone. Unfortunately, this can happen, but what must not happen is that the waiter even though I kindly asked him to bring in a new one, lingers to do it, I had to ask him again ten minutes later. When he comes to the new salad he says "this kind of thing can happen, lettuce grows among stone" without once apologizing. Very bad manners.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I read the reviews in trip-advisor and booked this restaurant for 12 people. We were asked to pre-order so they would serve us with the best efficient way. We arrived there at 17:15 as agreed and I can say the following:
Environment is cozy and nice, however the tables are small and chairs not so comfortable.The toilet is common for men and women (can be used by one person at a time) and looks very simple and cheap.

We were served the "starters" plus our drinks in good timing and most of the people were happy with the choice of the restaurant.. However we were very disappointed after a while: we were served our "pre-ordered" main courses 1 hour after!!! What was the purpose of pre-ordering???

Regarding the food: food was ok, average in general I would say. Some of us we had pizza while others salad or pasta (I was not impressed by the pizza personally, i had a special margarita but it was really really average..). People that had pasta they said that it was "just ok".

Service very slow, the waiters were filling our glasses with water all the time which is nice and they were somewhat polite but I did not get any "warm" welcoming feeling.

In general average food , below expectations. There is another very famous chain pizza/pasta restaurant close to this one which is better with slightly better prices (i do not want to name it here just check the map across the bridge). I liked the beers that they have (imported from Italy). Food prices are ok for Stockholm, but to answer to the question "what you pay and what quality you get?" I would say that they are bit overpriced. Food is "cheap" and average as in many other really cheap street pizzerias.

I will not visit the place again and I would not recommend it to someone else.

5  Thank Efthymios K
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We are staying on Kungsholmen, so we found this place just by wandering around. It was the busiest and clearly popular with locals, so we thought why not? The food was pretty good and the service was also good. Our waiter felt bad that they didn't have an English menu so he sat down and reviewed it with us. How sweet. The bread was tasty, but we thought it strange that you were given one piece each instead of a basket. The prices were reasonable, too - 460 kronor for two pasta dinners, wine, and a latte. We chose to sit on the patio and they provided small blankets to use as a shawl or lap warmer, which is a nice touch. The place specializes in pizzas that looked authentic, so we may go back before we leave.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stockholm is pretty dead in late July, everybody goes away and many restaurants and cafes close. Primo Ciao Ciao was busy, but we still got a table easily without a reservation. Weren't looking for a big occasion, just a simple meal, and weren't disappointed. The usual pasta and meat dishes, plus some local twists, for example grilled salmon on a bed of risotto with spinach - delicious! As usual, an expensive evening in dollar terms, but about average for Stockholm

Reviewed July 26, 2012

A very enjoyable Italian restaurant. A lively neighborhood place with outdoor tables when weather permits. It is often hard to do ethnic cuisine well but this place does it. Also service was very attentive. The restaurant is not formal.