“A pleasant resting place for coffee and a snack”
Review of Espresso House

Espresso House
Ranked #1 of 51 Coffee & Tea in Stockholm
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Hong Kong
“A pleasant resting place for coffee and a snack”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Excellent coffee, very good service and some delightful snacks including local sandwiches. Muffins that would sink a ship.

A great place to watch the word go by either outside or inside.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Near Oxford
“More than your average coffee shop”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Espresso House is your typical small city centre coffee shop with reasonably (for where it is) priced coffee and snacks. The staff are friendly, helpful, and happy to let a weary traveller unwind using their free wifi without glaring and demanding you buy something else. It does though lack space and the tables are cleared rather infrequently but that's the same in most of these types of outlet.

• Visited June 2013
7 Thank Nesster
“Delicious Drinks and a Warm Atmosphere”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

After a long day in Stockholm City, my Fiance and I needed a place to go where we could enjoy a small treat and veg out. What initially drew us in was definitely the great atmosphere of the place. It was certainly warm and inviting. Lots of places to sit, whether in large groups, small groups, or alone. There were people of all kinds- students, locals, tourists, lovers, friends... And everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, and their Espresso House menu item.

We decided on a couple of ice blended drinks. Being from the States, this place had big shoes to fill. I am a huge fan of Starbucks and its very rare that any place would compare to the coffee I am used to enjoying daily. I ordered a ice blended caramel frappe-like drink, while my Fiance ordered the same, but Mocha flavored. The staff was friendly, and quick to prepare our order. Prices were decent given the size and location we were in. Our drinks looked delicious!

We grabbed our order and decided to head up to the second story of the Espresso House. Large windows frame the entire place, giving you a great view of the city no matter where you choose to sit The upstairs had several areas to sit. Large, comfy couches, benches, chairs, tables, etc. We settled in on a large couch in the middle of floor. There was definitely something about sitting there, listening to the relaxing music with the light chatter of those around us, watching the city lights and sipping on a lovely beverage, that made that moment in life feel pretty amazing.

Overall, the drink was good. More on the dessert side than the coffee side, but a treat nonetheless. I'd rate the drink a 4 out of 5, while I give the place a 5 out of 5 for location, staff friendliness, cleanliness, and overall atmosphere. We sat there for hourssssss and quite frankly, I would have been more than happy to stay a couple more. Definitely a great place to visit when in Stockholm!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank SyriaGuru
larnaca, cyprus
“Great caramel latte's”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went to the espresso house a few times during our trip to Sweden. They made amazing caramel lattes and bagels. I had the cream cheese bagel and my partner had the chicken hickory bagel, just what we needed for our breakfast, we didn't need anything lunch as it was really filling.You are able to find espresso house all over Stockholm and they are really popular. Service was good and staff were all fluent in English.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Andria A
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Wasn't what I expected it to be like -”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I visited Espresso House alone - making a simple order of a vanilla latte and a cream cheese bagel.

Unfortunately my food and drink wasn't up to a good standard, as the coffee was lukewarm and my cream chese bagel was half filled.

I'll probably never revisit this place and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

(P.S. I visited Espresso House on Vasagatan, but they don't appear to have a page on trip advisor)

• Visited August 2012