“An excellent find”
Review of Rex Hotel

Rex Hotel
Ranked #57 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in early August. Rooms compact but clean and found hotel to be very quiet (had a top floor room). Staff are great particularly in reception (free coffee available all day) and the breakfast buffet (selection of cereals, breads, cold meats, cheese and fruit) is more than enough to set you up for the day - if its sunny enjoy sitting in the courtyard soaking up the sun over that first coffee of the day. There is a metro station within a 5 minute walk and the main rail and bus station is about 25 mins walk away.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your sweet words,

I’m reading your review with a smile on my face and I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and breakfast buffet. I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back as a guest soon.

Per Hellsten.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed in the Rex Hotel as part of a Scandinavia tour for 3 days. I had booked a single room and expected it to be small..the room was compact but I didn't mind this. The room was beautiful and of a high standard and also spotless. The bathroom also had heated flooring which was a great touch.

Staff were very friendly and spoke perfect English. The hotel was also just round the corner from the closest tunnelbana station and is 2 stops from Stockholm Central. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are a solo traveller.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently stayed at The Rex Hotel, and found it to be very comfortable, and the staff most friendly. The hotel is about 25-30 mins walk from the main bus and rail terminals. A taxi ride is far more convenient but quite expensive! The Metro is a far better option..
My room was on the 3rd floor with a pleasant view into the hotel courtyard & breakfast area. I had a twin room which was both functional and comfortable. Lovely solid wood flooring, and the bathroom tiled in slate. Everything was clean and tidy throughout! The hotel is conveniently positioned in a quiet side street just one block from a main street and Metro station. There are a lot of restaurants and bars nearby. The Hard Rock Café is around a 15 minute walk away..
Everything is walkable from the hotel, and although the likes of the Vasa Museum are a bit of a walk, the city is not busy and walking around is very pleasant here.
One point to note... There are two parts to the hotel, The Rex and The Rex Petit. Make sure you book The Rex if you want a decent room size and better facilities!!
I would be more than happy to stay here again when I next return to Stockholm...

Room Tip: Make sure you book The Rex Hotel, and not The Rex Petit!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for writing your thoughts about your stay.
I’m glad that you liked our staff and location. It’s also nice to hear that you liked the décor and the wooden flooring.

I’m looking forward for your return when you visit Stockholm next time.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I loved this place. For a reasonably priced hotel in an expensive city, it was great.
Very friendly staff (including the cleaning lady :) ), who helped us with what to see and do and also allowed us to check in a bit earlier. The room was comfortable ( yes a little on the small side, but for the price who cares), clean and well serviced. The beds and pillows were soft and the room was really quiet. We were in a room facing the courtyard, and couldn't hear a thing at night, even from the other rooms. Super thick old walls.
The breakfast was great. The spread of food was delicious and the bread ( ate way too much) was scrumptious. This really set us up for the day, which was a good thing because eating out in Stockholm is expensive.
We were here for 5 nights and loved it. Central location and yes very close to a subway station when we were too tired to walk back from the 'old town'.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mike O
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking time and sharing your thoughts about us.
I really appreciate your kind words and looking forward for your return on your next visit in Stockholm.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

keeping in mind that Stockholm is a quite expensive city, this hotel was good value for money.
great service (very friendly and helpful staff) and excellent breakfast.
the room (the second one, see room tips below) was spacious and comfortable, spotlessly clean.
the location is also very good, easy walk to the centre/old town.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the last floor (the first one we received was very small and cramped). however the s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

I’m very glad that you liked Rex Hotel and I’m happy that you informed us if you weren’t satisfied with the first room you got. Our rooms are all different and vary in size as well as in furniture and design so we have a lot of different rooms to choose between.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back as a guest in the nearest future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

An excellent find, very close to public transport or an easy walk to the actual centre. Lots of restaurants nearby.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, and the room clean. I had a single room which was small but not cramped - it had everything I needed. It was surprisingly quiet at night, which was a relief. Breakfast was of a high standard, but did get a bit crowded at peak times.
I thought it was very good value for money, given the location and standard of the hotel and would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking time and sharing your reflections of your stay.
I’m reading you kind words with happiness and it sounds like you had a great stay with us.

I’m looking forward for your return!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel reception was very disorganized. They sent me to the other side of the street with no info of where I should find the room. No indications of the room numbers at the entrance. I went all the way up to discover that room 506 was not there. I had to go back all the way to discover that the room was in a all other place. the room was also not so nice and the breakfast very limited. Just the basic and not so good either.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Per H, Owner at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Silvia,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us. Feedback from our guests is very important for us.

During night hours check in is available at Hotel Hellsten across the street and due to your late arrival you were therefore assisted there. The front desk has as their policy to be as clear as possible regarding the location of each room and follow guests that need assistance to their allocated room. We will make sure that this is followed through in the future. Rex Hotel is a 3 star hotel and therefore offers a continental breakfast with a variety of breads, eggs, cheeses and hams, cereal and dairy products, vegetables and fruits along with other things from our breakfast selection. In our 4 star hotel, Hotel Hellsten, across the street a breakfast including hot options as meatballs, oatmeal porridge and waffles is served.

We sincerely hope you would consider staying with us again at your next visit to Stockholm, maybe trying Hotel Hellsten****.

Kind Regards,