“great hotel”
Review of Rex Hotel

Rex Hotel
Ranked #57 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed July 8, 2013

keeping in mind that Stockholm is a quite expensive city, this hotel was good value for money.
great service (very friendly and helpful staff) and excellent breakfast.
the room (the second one, see room tips below) was spacious and comfortable, spotlessly clean.
the location is also very good, easy walk to the centre/old town.

Room Tip: avoid rooms on the last floor (the first one we received was very small and cramped). however the s...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

I’m very glad that you liked Rex Hotel and I’m happy that you informed us if you weren’t satisfied with the first room you got. Our rooms are all different and vary in size as well as in furniture and design so we have a lot of different rooms to choose between.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back as a guest in the nearest future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

An excellent find, very close to public transport or an easy walk to the actual centre. Lots of restaurants nearby.
The staff were very helpful and friendly, and the room clean. I had a single room which was small but not cramped - it had everything I needed. It was surprisingly quiet at night, which was a relief. Breakfast was of a high standard, but did get a bit crowded at peak times.
I thought it was very good value for money, given the location and standard of the hotel and would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for taking time and sharing your reflections of your stay.
I’m reading you kind words with happiness and it sounds like you had a great stay with us.

I’m looking forward for your return!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel reception was very disorganized. They sent me to the other side of the street with no info of where I should find the room. No indications of the room numbers at the entrance. I went all the way up to discover that room 506 was not there. I had to go back all the way to discover that the room was in a all other place. the room was also not so nice and the breakfast very limited. Just the basic and not so good either.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Per H, Owner at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear Silvia,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your stay with us. Feedback from our guests is very important for us.

During night hours check in is available at Hotel Hellsten across the street and due to your late arrival you were therefore assisted there. The front desk has as their policy to be as clear as possible regarding the location of each room and follow guests that need assistance to their allocated room. We will make sure that this is followed through in the future. Rex Hotel is a 3 star hotel and therefore offers a continental breakfast with a variety of breads, eggs, cheeses and hams, cereal and dairy products, vegetables and fruits along with other things from our breakfast selection. In our 4 star hotel, Hotel Hellsten, across the street a breakfast including hot options as meatballs, oatmeal porridge and waffles is served.

We sincerely hope you would consider staying with us again at your next visit to Stockholm, maybe trying Hotel Hellsten****.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Manage dto get a room here at a reasonable price even thought the rest of the city was booked out or just too pricy. Got room 301 facing the street, was worried it would be too noisy but was not bothered at all at night. Room was small, but clean and had a good standard (only thing was the inside of the shower smelled a bit weird).
The front desk was not always staffed, but you can just go across the street to the sister hotel Hellsten. Breakfast was basic and good, and served under roof or outside in the courtyard. Lovely. Loved the exposed bricks, the stone staircase and the wooden floors in the room. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tunhild J
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for your kind words.
I’m happy to hear that you liked the hotel and the décor and you are more that welcome back.

Hope to see you soon again!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

After our arrival we've been accommodated at the first floor of the inner hotel wing in a small room with the window to the busy courtyard (where the breakfast is served) next to very noisy elevator. It was not a bad room, but I was quite disappointed since I'd booked the hotel almost 9 months in advance.
We asked for the room change and we got a beautiful room in main building with windows to the street, I really appreciated the quick and friendly reaction.

The staff overall was exceptional - friendly and helpful.
Location is simply perfect. Subway station around the corner, so the restaurants and pubs and beautiful Observation park. Still it's quiet at the night.

Only thing I would upgrade is the breakfast. There was wide range of breads, but lack of pastries, fruits, vegetables etc... or places to sit.

Overall the price was reasonable and the value was more then expected.

Room Tip: Main building, higher floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Silence_CZ
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you so much for taking time and sharing your thoughts about your stay.
I’m glad to hear that you informed the front desk when you was disappointed with your first room. All of our rooms are all different and vary in size as well as in furniture and design so we have a lot of different rooms to choose between.

I’m also happy to hear that you enjoyed the staff, service and the location.

When it comes to the breakfast, Rex Hotel is a 3 star hotel and therefore offers a continental breakfast with a variety of breads, eggs, cheeses and hams, cereal and dairy products, vegetables and fruits along with other things from our breakfast selection. If you want a bigger buffet and with warm dishes we recommend you to have breakfast at our sister hotel, Hotell Hellsten**** across the street for an extra small fee of only 20SEK.

I hope that you will return to us on your next visit in Stockholm.

Per Hellsten.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The bedrooms are clean and confortable (beds too soft for my taste but this is subjective).
The bathrooms are quite small and might need some improvement.

However. overall our experience was very positive thanks to super helpful and friendly staff.
We were advised good places for diner and they even made reservation for us in an efficient way.

The location of the hotel is perfect for a week-end trip: walking distance from city center and close to metro.
I would recommend to any friend visiting Stockholm.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nick-Prague
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay with us.
I’m sorry to hear that you thought that your bed was too soft. I would have wanted you to announced the reception because we have extra mattresses that are harder. So next time, please inform the front desk.

But I’m very glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us and thank you so much for your sweet words.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here in the easterholiday and really liked it. great location with subway around the corner and walking distance to everything you need. Rooms are tidy and clean, and will be cleaned every day. Breakfast is simple, but with everything you need. They even gave us an easteregg one of the days <3 stay here :-)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Per H, Ägare at Rex Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words, really warming to read.
We look forward for your next return.