“great food and beer, usual Stockholm prices”
Review of Ardbeg Embassy

Ardbeg Embassy
Reserve with
Ardbeg Embassy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 3,136 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Swedish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: The unique restaurant in Old Town, Stockholm. Classic Swedish food in combination with 300 whiskys and 28 Swedish microbrewery beers.
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stumbled upon this place by chance and we were not disappointed. There was a very wide choice of beers and the waiter brought little sampling glasses to our to table to try - a nice touch when you paying as much for the beer as you pay for petrol!
I started my dinner with the traditional pea soup with a pork parcel for dipping in mustard. The soup was very nice and tasted of peas - odd that.
For my main course I had moose steak which was amazing. Like a very tasty fillet steak, very tender and full of flavour. The atmosphere was very relaxed and we could have finished our meal with a whisky from the vast selection but the thought of an early working start the next day dictated otherwise. highly reccomended

There are newer reviews for Ardbeg Embassy

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Swedish food with a modern twist. Great flavours. We enjoyed the reindeer, the beef and even heart.

Salted chocolate mousse was a great at the end.

Price-wise, not cheap but for Stockholm's standards not bad. I think we paid about £100 for 3 courses and a beer each.

Staff were welcoming and had personality.

Love the decor - old building, modern furnishings. Despite Gamla Stan location it didn't seem too touristy.

The beer and whiskey selections were quite impressive. Good for couples, but also probably a great destination for a group of lads looking for posh beer and booze!

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We walked past this place while walking through Gamla Stan and I thought I remembered it from its review on here. Free wifi confirmed it was the same place.

We had the beef special and the 'sour kraut' meals. Both were totally delicious. Loved the pear cider too.

Service was great. A lovely bikey looking waiter who served us was very friendly and spoke perfect English.

I definitely recommend the place.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic dinner here at valentine's day. I had the sauerkraut which was a fantastic meat dish with reindeer and pork! My girlfriend was also amazed by her pepper steak. We had apple and pear cidre which was a real treat! We paid 650 sek for a fantastic experience!

1  Thank Ans V
Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was in Stockholm for the first time for business and a colleague and I decided to walk down to the Stockholm old town to find a good restaurant our last night in town. Walking by the Ardbeg, we noticed the menu and it looked quite good. Walking into the restaurant, the first thing I noticed was the long bar with the large number of taps. One of the things I wanted to try was various local beers as well as having some good food, so this seemed to be a good omen.
I had the elk and was very pleased. It was the best dinner I had while in Stockholm and the two beers that our waiter suggested after asking about our preferences were great as well. I ended up the evening by tasting the Ardbeg barrel aged scotch and was quite impressed. I would definitely go here again when visiting and would recommend it to anyone else visiting.