“great atmosphere”
Review of Ardbeg Embassy

Ardbeg Embassy
Reserve with
Ardbeg Embassy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,211 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Swedish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: The unique restaurant in Old Town, Stockholm. Classic Swedish food in combination with 300 whiskys and 28 Swedish microbrewery beers.
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm always partial to a dram of ardbeg, so I couldn't resist a visit to the Ardbeg Embassy in Gamla Stan. The menu was good, the waiters chatty and attentive, the beer was great, and needless to say, I enjoyed the malt whiskey. The only shame was that the meat wasn't a bit more tasty - but a great evening overal.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I work just around the corner from Ardbeg Embassy (formerly called Glenfiddich Warehouse), and for me, friday lunch is burger time at Ardbeg. It's the same for many others. If you're not there 11:30am sharp, you might have to wait for a table. They don't do lunch on other weekdays.
If I have to spell it out, the burgers are excellent. Particularly with the house BBQ sauce.
And of course, there is a huge range of whiskeys and beers to try. I have not done this myself, but I have seen organised group tasting sessions.
The evening meals are on the pricy side (this is the central tourist strip of Stockholm after all), but the food is consistently amazing.
The atmosphere is very warm and welcoming, even if it could be a little bit more cozy.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The restaurant is in Gamla Stan in Stockholm. The lunch that we ordered was very good, deliscious, but very little and for that fact expensive. Im a girl and i dont eat that much, and i wasnt full, and imagine my husband who eats 3 times more than me....he was hungry when we enter the restaurant and also hungry when we left. And a bit to long time we waited for the food. ap 45 minutes. The most enoying with that restaurant was that Coca-Cola costs 30SEK, but even water costs!, 25 SEK...incredible!
We ordered "oxfile" the weiter didnt even asked how well done/rare/ or medium we wanted...mine was rare and thats really discusting!

1  Thank Kasia M
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Good choice for a weekday dinner. You get what you order and no surprises. In general a friendly atmosphere with attentative service.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was taken here by some Swedish colleagues on a recent business trip.

The menu choice was extremely extensive; you could have traditional restuarant dishes or there were plenty of Swedish plates. I chose the leg of reindeer which was absolutely 'out of this world' it was so tasty and tender.

The waiters went out of their way to help you, even though they were Swedish, they spoke to me in English and were extremely friendly and welcoming.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this place, it is an absolute delight.