“Quiet and cosy hotel”

Clarion Hotel Stockholm
Ranked #42 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed September 27, 2012

PROS
- Very good location
--- by metro, only 3 stops from Gamla Stan - 36 SEK ticket
--- by taxi, 10 mins at 120 SEK
--- on foot, 20 mins
- Soundproof room
- Very wide variety and good quality of breakfast
- Huge breakfast room with nice design and cosy seats. Very bright with a view at the nearby area.

CONS
- A little careless cleanliness
- Relatively small beds
- Low lighting in the room
- Peculiar/disfunctional bathroom door

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,086)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Love this hotel, the location is great, rooms are clean and very nice, close to the metro station, all arround modern and fashionable. The service was very good and the restaurant Minami, was great!!! I love the asian cuisine , I had very good Japanese , sushi sashimi, excelent, there is live DJ , with very good music..the place is fun!! I will come back, with my family , because this time was very short ..so I will come back , I love it!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The best: The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast is really good and offers a lot of choice.

Could be better:Climatisation is very often not working properly too cold or too hot or like last time blowing very noisyly all night!!!

SPA : NO SAUNA FOR GUESTS NOT EVEN WITH A SILVER STATUS. ONLY OPEN FROM 8 to 20...IF YOU WORK THEN TOO BAD!
AND WHAT I FIND OUTRAGEOUS IS THE ENTRANCE COST 95 SEK ENTRY WHEREAS THE SWIMMING POOL CLOSE BY WITH OLYMPIC LANES OPEN FROM 6:30 to 21 with SAUNA IS ONLY 85!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
AnthonyChu, Guest Relations Manager at Clarion Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hello Phillippe, thank you. We're very pleased that you find the staff to be friendly and helpful, and that you enjoy our breakfast. I am sorry that you had a problem with the temperature and vent, and hope that we were able to help you with it.

With regards to the sauna, we certainly appreciate your opinions and have even internally registered them as a guest idea for review (including the opening hours). However I would like to point out that the entrance is for access to Elements Spa as an entire experience. The 2 different types of saunas are only a part of our spa concept - also included is access to the spa pool and several other features such as yoga sessions, fruit and tea, and unlimited usage of a wide range of products such as aryuvedic oils and creams.

We respect that your interest possibly lies only in the sauna, but on the other hand one could look at your comparison with the nearby pool complex in another light and see how much more of an experience you get for only 10 SEK! I do hope you are able to give Elements Spa a try sometime. We are very grateful for your patronage and that you contribute with your opinions - we value them very much. Please don't hesitate to let us (or myself personally) know if we can help you at anytime. Best Regards, Anthony, Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Its very nice hotel, modern. We loved stay in this hotel even its not so close to city center. Taxi is not so cheep here...but we used to travel by motorbikes so it was ok. Room was nice and clean, but little bit small. Breakfast was delicious but there were too many people in the same time and you had to wait in the rows...Hotel bar in the first floor was good, alcohol bit expensive but thats normal here;). Receptionists were always kind and help us with wifi. The only wird thing was parking in the next building and loooong way back to hotel. First time we got lost in another building ;))))))

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lucia J

Hello Lucia, We're very happy that you loved your stay and had a positive experience from the different services and aspects of the hotel. I'm not sure if we managed to inform you at the time but the parking garage is not run by us but rather an external garage "chain".

As it is situated under and behind the hotel, the exit to street level is in the buildning just besides us. We also offer valet parking service from our entrance and back where we have a section of the garage that is exclusive to us. However I understand in your cases this was not applicable as the situation with motorbikes is a little different... Thanks for writing about your experience and we hope to be able to welcome you back to us! Regards, Anthony

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Been there last week for a medical congress. Checked-in 1.30 in the morning: the man at the desk offer me an upgrade for 200 SEK per night for a larger room. I accepted. Once in the room, I realised it was a room for disabled people. Usually this is not a problem for me, but there wasn't any wardrobe so I had to keep my clothes in the suitcase.
More, the day after the shower soap dispenser went out of soap. Someone removed the empty dispenser but it wasn't replaced by a new one.
Moreover, the third day of my stay my room wasn't cleaned (I was out of my room from 9 am till 4 pm). At 4.30 someone knocked at my door, I answered that the room would have been free from 6 to 9 pm.
After dinner, I went back to the hotel but my room wasn't cleaned yet (still no soap in the shower...).
The morning after, after my complaint, they disconted me the upgrade... never more!!!

Room Tip: Change hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Amelio1

Hello Amelio, I would first and foremost like to apologise for the inconveniences caused during your stay. Your frustrations are fully warrented and it seems that you somehow experienced several instances of lack of attention to details - the kind of small details that we normally pride ourselves on - and in doing so affected your impression and satisfaction.

I am glad to see that we compensated you for the problems caused and hope that it may be of some consulation to know that we proactively use these rare but unfortunate circumstances when we learn of them to help keep our quality control and routines in order so that similar instances are prevented. What you experienced is not typical of our standard of service and we are sincerely sorry. If you would like to further discuss your stay or if you have any questions that I can help answer then please do contact me at any time via anthony.chu @ choice.se. Best Regards, Anthony

Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed for a week in a junior suite - it was great to have a second room. The bath was large with a tub and shower and a separate stall for the toilet. There were two sinks in the room. Everything worked well, it was clean and bright and very quiet at night even though we were facing the main road. We had a mix-up (that we caused) and Anthony Chu straightened it out quickly and more than satisfactorily (he was great). Breakfast buffet is large with many fish options and nice strong coffee. Could have had more sweets.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite on the 7th floor. You can look out of the window from the bathtub or sh...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank bananaiguana1

Hi! I'm so happy that you both enjoyed your week here with us and that we were able to work out the details of around your busy work schedules. Thank you also for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and for your kind comments - it was a genuine pleasure for me to be able to help you and moments like these really make our day. Take care and hope to be able to welcome you back sometime! All the very best, Anthony

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was brought to Stockholm for a job, and the company was unable to get me an apartment before I arrived. Further shenanigans meant I still don't have a flat, and as a result, I've been staying in the Clarion for over 2 weeks. But, simply put, I have no complaints. The staff have been quick and courteous, the rooms have been clean and stocked with all the necessities. Any issues I've had (key card stops working, tv wasn't tuned) were dealt with quickly and politely. Whilst living out of a hotel is no fun, I can say this is possibly as good as it could be.

Room Tip: I've been in several rooms along my stay, all have been equally good. I believe those on the so...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hi Nth_RooCH, we are very flattered that you enjoyed your time here with us in between apartments here, and it means a lot that you felt at home and enjoyed the service while having a chance to assess the experience over a longer time than an average stay.

Take good care and hope that Stockholm life is treating you well! Best Regards, Anthony