“A good night out - Viking style”
Review of Aifur Krog & Bar

Aifur Krog & Bar
Reserve with
Aifur Krog & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,230 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: Aifur Restaurant & Bar is named after the legendary Viking ship Aifur and the result of 15 years of accumulated knowledge and research about life, food and culture from the years 700-1100, merged with skilled and knowledgeable staff in a great location in ”Gamla stan”, the Old Town of Stockholm. Our kitchen is historical informed and for those who are just thirsty there is a seperate bar area.
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This bar with their exceptional friendly staff is a great experience for a good nogjt out in Sweden.
I liked the live music and the typical swedish food as weel as the met. All in all a really nice theme bar which is worth a visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,144)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Have to say I love kitschy things like this, but I was underwhelmed. The place is super cool - great ambiance and fun feel. You are sat at a communal table so I guess your experience is somewhat determined by the other guests. I was sat by some fellow Americans who weren't used to being sat so close to others (as we aren't :) and took up waaaaaay more space than they were allotted. The girl that sat next to me jumped up and down on the bench every 30 seconds so I felt like I was on a see saw. Fine. We were sat in front of a huge candle centerpiece so our appetizer could not be shared easily (I had to be fed - ew). Food was okay...nothing spectacular. Overall, probably fun with a group of friends, but if trying to enjoy a night out with a partner, it's an expensive venture...

Reviewed April 27, 2014

The atmosphere was fun (especially trying to eat with those forks!) and the food was delicious. I had the dwarf chicken. We tried going here our first night in Stockholm around 7pm, but were turned away because we did not have a reservation and it was too busy. We made a reservation for the next night at 9pm and it was almost empty, didn't really need the reservation. So, I guess you should either make a reservation if you want to go during peak hours or have dinner a little late or early.

Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

We went to Aifur the last night of our staying in Stockholm. The atmosphere was very good and a must see for tourists. Surprising was the food which was better than we expected. Prices very high but in Stockholm everything is pricy.. so visit Aifur!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I was there for a social dinner after a full-day meeting. The atmosphere is impressive, a jump back to the Vikings' time! Dress light, it's crazy warm inside. Better order beer instead of wine (the affordable ones are of low quality). We had a mix of smoked/cured meat (moose, boar, reindeer, and lamb) with mustard and apple sauce (more unusual than excellent). The main dish surprised me: smoked salmon with spinach and barley... The best I can remember! The dessert was a saffron baked rice pudding with vanilla ice-cream and berries... Absolutely remarkable!
The price range is definitely high... But the city is not cheap.