“Unexpectedly good food!”
Review of Aifur Krog & Bar

Aifur Krog & Bar
Reserve with
Aifur Krog & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 3,046 Restaurants in Stockholm
Cuisines: Swedish, Scandinavian
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Gamla Stan & Riddarholmen
Description: Aifur Restaurant & Bar is named after the legendary Viking ship Aifur and the result of 15 years of accumulated knowledge and research about life, food and culture from the years 700-1100, merged with skilled and knowledgeable staff in a great location in ”Gamla stan”, the Old Town of Stockholm. Our kitchen is historical informed and for those who are just thirsty there is a seperate bar area.
Stockholm, Sweden
“Unexpectedly good food!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I took our nephews there for dinner so they could experience a bit of 'viking' atmosphere. We didn't expect much from the restaurant, but the food turned out to be very good! What I didn't appreciate was the foul smell, but overall it's worth taking kids there.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Belgrade
“time travel”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

You have to live it to believe it! Go there for the weekends to listen to Viking music (live!) while eating moose of reindeer steak!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bojana B
Jarfalla, Sweden
“Wierd!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

I did not like the presentation-part, when inform to everyone that we have arrived to restaurang. It was impossible to eat with their silverwear. Food was good.

Visited December 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I wouldn't count it as the best meal I had, but defentily the best dinner I had!
I came by myself, and it took about half a second to start conversations with people, and it is because of the restaurant, you'll see why when you get there and you have to try it!.
from the dishes to the decorations on the wall and the clothing of the workers, everything will feel Viking or medieval, and the workers are amazingly nice, they will make sure that you are having fun and enjoy the company that you're in.
Also the music will be very subtle but beautiful and at some point at least in the day that I was in, there is a live show, it feels like they are just playing as they want & having fun, so you don't feel rude about talking or making a bit of noise but still the music is wonderful.
and lastly the drinks, you can try a few nice beers with cool names, such as Merlin or Demon. but I suggest you'll try mead, which is a viking drink taste like honey wine, I love it, and was glad that they served it.

so have fun in this place, I loved it, really made my visit fantastic.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank altonormz
Stockholm, Sweden
“Great experience!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I live in Stockholm and have heard many people talk about this restaurant. So my dad decided to pay me a visit and thought this was the perfect opportunity to try this restaurant we had heard simp much about. From the moment we got there to the moment we left, the experience was amazing. From our welcome to the traditional cutlery, the whole thing was great. It felt like you had gone back in time. It was a little pricey but I say it was defiantly worth it for the atmosphere and experience!

• Visited August 2013