“Nordic Museum”

Ranked #41 of 316 things to do in Stockholm
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Welcome to Nordiska museet. Discover exhibitions on Swedish trends and traditions in areas such as home interiors, fashion, jewellery, table settings, folk art, textiles, dolls houses and much more.
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Beautiful building and great location. The contents of the museum are just so-so. There's not a lot in the museum that is terribly interesting.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Loved the Sami exhibit, and Swedish holidays displays and the Strinberg Collection of paintings is worth the ticket price alone.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I was doing a tour of the city in one of those hop-on-hop-off buses. We were going through the Östermalm Djurgården district of Stockolm, when I decided I was kind'a tired because of all this traveling I do, getting in late at night before. So I got off at this one landmark and I had no idea what it was or what it was for. Grabbed an energy drink from the street vendor. Looked pretty cool, so I took pictures outside and in. Went inside and paid for the fare. Turned out to be quite the place! I walked through and got a trip back in time of Swedish History!

I even had to go to the restroom and on the way, I'm seeing all kinds of neat stuff, man! I get to the restroom and it was co-ed??? Got in there and it was almost like private suite restrooms! It was a whole locker room and they were all wooden-designed. Bad@$$!!! Awesome Scandanavian Cultural reference for those who are just there to see something cool.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went for the old crafts and Sami stuff but really enjoyed this massive museum's diverse collection of interior decorations, furniture, jewelry, clothing, etc. from throughout the centuries--the crafts were amazing. I wish they had done more Sami history and stuff, as I find it fascinating.

1  Thank oliviapulley
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Pleasant to visit for a varied array of items.

Go Wednesday evening off season when it is free after 5:00.

2  Thank OldP