“Top view over Stockholm and surroundings”

Kaknas Television Tower
Stockholm City Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Pass
Stockholm, Sweden
237 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Top view over Stockholm and surroundings”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

When you have visitors to Stockholm I suggest you start here. Walking around the visitor´s platform you will se most parts of the capital of Sweden. There is also a cafeteria, restaurant and souvenir shop.
I alwas take forein visitors here. It is a good start of the sightseeing.

Visited September 2013

134 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Take the #69K bus”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

There are two buses that go by the tower. The 69 bus drops you off on the road and keeps going. The 69K bus takes you right to the tower then turns around back to town. The 69K is the one you want. The US Embassy is right before the tower. there are other embassies in the area as well. The tower is quite a distance from the city center so you must go on a clear day or you wont get good pictures. Fortunately for us, it was clear. As you know, nothing is free so there is 50 SEK per person fee to get to the top. The elevator takes you to the top and you have to walk some stairs as well. The viewpoint is totally fenced in so you have to get a little creative to taking pics. Not a big deal.
There is a cafe at top but you have to make reservations in advance. There were many tables open and when we asked to be seated they asked if we had a reservation. So even if they have available tables they wont seat you unless you have a reservation. The menu is very limited so probably not losing out on anything spectacular. Only one side of the tower has the best view & seating. the other side is nothing but trees and land.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank m2347m
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good view of Stockholm”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I always take in the observation towers where ever I travel to. This one has great view of Stockholm if a bit outside of the city center. The top level is outdoors and fenced in, the next level down is an indoor observation deck and below that is the restaurant level.

If you are into photography and have an SLR camera you will have issues getting photos as the fence on the top level is to small to stick a full frame lens through. I did get good photos with my point and shoot. There are doors that can be opened but require a key. The indoor observation level the glass is colored a bit and when I was there was very smudged up from people touching the inside of the glass.

A trick to getting back down faster is to take the steps down the the restaurant level and take that elevator back down.

Visited October 2012
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great place for lunch”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The restaurant on the 28th floor has great views of the city, and the limited lunch menu (quite common in Stockholm) has enough variety to appeal to everyone. And it's good too!

You need to book +46 86 67 21 80

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ian F
Carpinteria, California
209 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 284 helpful votes
“A Great Place For a High, Wide View Picture of Stockholm”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

So when you view the horizon when downtown, you see this high television tower in the distance. If you are like us, you think, we should go there and take some pictures. So to get there is fairly easy, just jump on the red 69K bus and it takes you right to the door of the tower in about 10 minutes. You walk into the front door (down a ramp), and pay the guy 100 SEK (for two). He gives you a token and you drop into the turnstile to the left and head up the elevator to the 30th floor. After you get to the top, just walk up the stairs to the outside viewing area. It is totally fenced in so for a good shot, you have to stick your camera through the grate. It is some distance away, but you get some great shots. At least I think I will but they may be too far away compared to the shots I got earlier on the "Gondolen walkway" in Slussen. It was a sunny day so it was probably worth it.

As a side note, we thought we would grab a bite in the restaurant. We walked down the stairs to the 28 th floor. We asked for a seat for two. The hostess asked if we had a reservation. We said no. It was about 1 pm. She said she would have to see if she had an opening. I looked around and I counted 6 empty tables, with at least 30 empty seats. We stood around waiting until I realized that if she can't "fit us in" for a quick burger, I didn't want to stay and give them my money. We changed our minds and left. Glad we did since we went straight to Saluhall and ate like a king.

Visited June 2013