“A very good meal”

Cafe de Paris
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Södermalm
Description: The original butter, created by Mr Boubier in 1930, became a huge overnight success. This enabled the Cafe de Paris a Geneve to launch a remarkable concept: a restaurant that served a single unique dish, entrecote of beef, topped with an exquisite and delicious herb butter. The restaurant has remained faithful to this concept since 1930 and continues to be renowned for it to this day. Although the name Cafe de Paris butter has passed into general use, other versions are pale imitations of our butter who no one has ever been able to successfully reproduce. The secret ingredients that give the butter its unique and inimitable appeal continue to be our closely guarded secret. "L'Entrecote Cafe de Paris, often imitated, never equalled." In his bestselling book "The Last Days of America", US writer Paul Erdman states "We went to the Cafe de Paris; it has the best entrecote sauce of any eating place on earth". Mr Francois Vouillamoz, who has owned the Cafe de Paris for over 20 years, safeguards the secret of this marvellous product. He personally makes the butter you are going to enjoy.
Stockholm, Sweden
“A very good meal”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

We have just enjoyed a very good dinner at the restaurant recently. We ordered a Three-Course menu. They were all well prepared, well seasoned and well served. The grilled veal entrecote is tendered and the Créme brulée is super good as well. Not crowded when we're there so just felt comfortable and relax.

• Visited July 2014

Comfort, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect happenstance”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went for a walk on this chilly Sunday in March from the Hilton Stockholm Slussen the length of Södermalm and back. I had my iPad mini with some books and planned to find a spot for lunch and do some reading.

When I arrived at the channel at the south end I turned around and headed a bit east off of the main road. Soon I passed this French cafe advertising a Sunday buffet for 150SEK. It looked busy enough to be a local favorite, so I went in.

I had a delightful lunch, good food, very pleasant service.

It hit the spot.

• Visited March 2014
Stockholm, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“A full plate”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

One of many restaurants in this area of Stockholm which we visited off the cuff with no expectations at all. We are pleasantly surprised, quick service ( even though there seemed to by many people in the restaurant and few staff) and good food with more than enough on the plate, which is unusual these days.

Visited May 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“A good cozy restaurant with reputation”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We had dinner with my wife in this restaurant and we were quite satisfied.

The personnel is friendly and they put us in a table that we chose. The person that was serving us was nice and she took good care of us until the end.

We started with a welcome drink (sparkling white whine) , mixed salad with olives and the famous butter with bread which is tasty and you should try it!

We chose grilled entrecote and Halibut with cooked peas (we both took mashed potatoes). Everything was really tasty and they served our dishes on a meal plate with a small gas below which was keeping the food warm and made the butter melt on the food. The taste was good like the quality but I would not give 5 stars. I think 3.5.or 4 is fair enough.

We finished our dinner with Classic Crème Brûlée and a selection of cheeses with fig jam. I was bit dissapointed by the Crème Brûlée as I had bigger expectations, but still it was good.

In general we had a good dinner, in a nice environment. Some extra info:
+ supposed to be bit fancy place but there is no dressing code so do not worry if you have to go with jeans.
+ You can see the kitchen and the people preparing the food from where you are seating and everything looked really clean there.
+ your clothes will not smell food after /good aeration
- The restaurant is bit expensive but at least you get a good quality.
- most of the tables are very close to each other and you might feel that there is not enough space or privacy

Service 4/5