“Excellent food&service but dull environment”
Review of Restaurang Jonas - CLOSED

Restaurang Jonas
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kungsholmen
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Sweden has developed into one of the most influencial and inovative countries in Europe,if not the world,where dining and great food is the topic of the day.The Swedes have developed into a race of cullinary experts and have high expectations re. the freshness and quality of the products they chose,eat and pay for.
This perticular restaurant is on the verge of exploding into a top rated place because Jonas,who I had the pleasure to meet,has a unique twist to the way he presents his constantly changing menu.he is amazingly creative on a regular basis and his no nonsence dishes truely show it.Their selections of wines are excellent and their choice of meats and fish superb!Their herbs and garnishings are picked strait from the"the hanging gardens of Babilon",their own"garden"hanging on a wall inside the restaurant´s set menu sec
The prices are average compared to the majority of similar establishments in this city.
The staff,with my highest respect going out to Kara,the hostess,are impecable in their roles,service minded and kind.
I have dined here from the restaurant´s day of birth and it will continue to be a highlight of my visits to the most beautiful city in Scandinavia.
I have to rate this inovative restaurant as one of the best in Stockholm despite their choice of location and the stiffness of the suroundings.

2  Thank Bare-with-me

Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Decent food in a modern setting. I have heard different stories regarding both sections of this restaurant which is divided into one set menu, fine dining restaurant and one more casual part.

My experience is from the casual part and it was decent but not more. Decent food, decent service, poor ambience and not really worth the money.

I won't go here again anytime soon.
(visit was in April 2012)

Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is a luxury restaurant and probably one of the most expensive in Stockholm. The furnishing is very posh, open and clean, with tables fairly far apart. All four of us liked it, but found the atmosphere a bit stiff, as the guests were more or less wispering to eachother throughout the evening. The service was excellent, although very formal and impersonal.

We went for the 9 course taste menues, with accompanying wines. All in all we probably had about 12 different very small courses, which mostly looked beautiful and were quite creative. I was, however, very disappointed with the taste. The ingredients were top class, but the seasoning bleak. Perhaps the idea was to let the ingredients dominate, but without spices the courses were in the range OK to dull. At this price level the kitchen will have to step up.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Ok, we were a large group of people, 18 when we started.

We started the 9 course dinner with wine package at 18:00 (6 PM). Some left around midnight because they had to get home to their babysitters. I think we were at dish number 7 around that time.

The food was very good, but the slow service in combination with the small dishes resulted in me being hungrier when I left than when I arrived. It also happened a few times that they forgot to serve everyone around the table.

There are other restaurants in the same price range in Stockholm that serve better food for about the same price. E.g Mathias Dahlgren Matsalen and Frantzén / Lindeberg.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Fantastic food - his scallops or in french Coquilles ar to die for - on top of that excellent service with staff that really do make your stay memorable and nice.