“summer vacation” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #61 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
Turin, Italy
“summer vacation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

we experienced a 5 nights stay during last august in stockholm. the hotel is conveniently located, few steps from underground or bus connections. staff asistant were friendly. in room wifi connection was free. breakfast was delicious, both continental and british/american style.
for our stay we were set on a separate building (not the same of the main hall), honestly quiet. room a little bit small, but space enough for a couple. bathroom as well, more space would be much appreciated. during 2 nights (of five) our room temperature was very high, without any reasonable explanation. matresses are standard swedish: for people coming from countries were a double matrees is used, be aware these matresses are very slim and essential.
the hotel is worth of a 3 star rating indeed

Room Tip: higher floor recommended, possibily in the separate building
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fulvio972
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank You for reviewing our hotel!
We hope you come back to Stockholm and as our guests again soon!
Kind regards,
Torbjorn Brown / GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Excellent hotel in the centre of Stockholm. Very close to the centre place and station T-Centralen (5-7 min. walk). 25 min. walk to the Old Town (Gamla Stan). It was our winter vacancy trip. 2 adult and child 10-years old - we are staying in Double Room with extra bed (sofa). It was very comfortable, the room - at 8th floor (very quiet at the night). Reception, breakfast and lobby - at the 4th floor. Excellent breakfast. In the evening you can have coffee or tea in the lobby (free of charge) - there is coffee/tea machine, cups, sugar and milk. For hotel residents: free WiFi, public sauna and gym. This hotel is value for money. I will recommend it to my friends and colleges.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank You so much for reviewing our hotel!
I am glad You found everything to be satisfactory, and we hope You come back and visit us again soon!
Kind regards,
Torbjorn Brown / GM
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Catch a bus from the airport to city terminal then 15 mins walk or couple of tube stops. This hotel was a bit tricky to find - tucked in narrow road and set back from the street so follow clearly marked house numbers on street signs). But it has the lot - huge breakfast, 3 free PCs in lobby, free wifi throughout, super-clean big and secure rooms incl. sofa and desk (key access to everything). Reception staff friendly and helpful, luggage storage. 20 mins walk to popular Gamla Stan (palace).

Room Tip: Quiet area so no noise problem.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank linhmar
TorbjornBrown, Revenue manager at BEST WESTERN Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review after your stay with us. Hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel is not easy to find at first. I think they need to put some signs in the streets nearby. The location is not wow, but considered fine. My husband and I could walk to the downtown in about 15 minutes. Few supermarkets & the metro station around the corner is a plus.
Staff were friendly and helpful too.

Decoration looks old fashioned, I think on purpose. The sense of antiques came from the wood choice in rooms. Room was mid-sized. Bathroom was small. Free wifi was available but with a password. The warming system was great.

We loved the rich breakfast options. The restaurant was bigger than it looked. During 2 breakfasts, it was raining and almost half of the restaurant was closed. But it was OK. There were free tea and coffee in the lobby

There was a bad smell in the 8th floor for the 3 days we stayed there. I don't know about other floors, The smell was like lack of fresh air.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Battota_AA
TorbjornBrown, Revenue manager at BEST WESTERN Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. It is highly appreciated and we value your feedback. I also like to inform you that we are renovating the hotel and already have approximately 30 fully refurbished rooms. Hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

Somewhat central, good 30 minutes walk to Gamla Stan (old town) and Royal Palace,15 minutes to the pedestrianised Drottninggatan . Close to Sveavagen, major street in Stockholm.Parking on site, reservation required.Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toronto_CanadaEurope
Thank you for your kind words and hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager
Medellin, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed 5 nights and found this hotel to have pretty much everything a business traveler would need. It's not a luxury hotel but I still found it very comfortable, even cozy. My room on the 9th floor was fairly spacious with enough closet space that I didn't have to see my luggage or clothes once I unpacked. The gym was great; more gym than you would expect for any hotel. The free internet was very good in my room, though the system makes you re-login every 45 minutes. Breakfast is of decent quality and abundant -- though if you want higher quality coffee and pastries they're easy to find in the neighborhood. The coffee machines used in the hotel lobby and breakfast room serve bad Nescafe-type coffee. That said, it's free. Nice location within walking distance of Drottninggatan, a main shopping street, metro and some excellent restaurants on side streets. Front desk was always helpful. I stayed 5 nights and paid 6150 SEK -- or about $915. For that price in Stockholm I doubt I could have done better than here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. It is highly appreciated and we value your feedback. Hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager
Rock Cave, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. She was traveling for work and we just had to pay for the upgrade from a single to a double for me to come along. The small amount to make that change was a large factor in our decision to book this hotel.

The hotel is located on a side street near the center of the city. Approaching from the outside the hotel isn't much to look at. Check in was quick and simple but another person (traveling with my wife for work's) credit card didn't work at the front desk. The room we stayed in was 613. It was small but what I would consider a standard size for a European hotel room. There was a closet with safe, 2 beds, tv, desk, coffee table, and love seat in the room. The bed was fairly comfortable but I didn't care for the pillows on it. The window looked out at other parts of the hotel and an apartment building. It was about as boring a view as I've ever seen from a hotel room but that doesn't really matter. The window was drafty and this could possibly be an issue in the winter time. My wife thought the room was cold the first night but I felt the temperature was fine. She gets cold easy. The heat is from a radiator and you don't have much control over it. The bathroom was a decent size. The shower was quite large and after pushing a switch over on it the water was really hot.

The breakfast buffet was alright but not great. It had a standard selection; scrambled eggs, sausage, meatballs, hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, bread, rolls, cut vegetables, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and a not so standard choice of two kinds of herring. The coffee came from a machine with options such as cafe latte, espresso, cappuccino, black, and hot chocolate. I didn't care for it to much. It could get really crowded. The amount of people who all descended as we were finishing our meal on Friday was a bit overwhelming.

The hotel has a gym and sauna. I didn't go to the sauna but the gym was the best I've ever seen in a hotel. It was better then gyms I have belonged to before actually. There were standard cardio machines, all the different weight lifting machines, a full range of dumbbells, and free weights. What I found most impressive was the inclusion of a flat bench and squat rack which were hidden away in a side room.

The doors to the hotel rooms are loud when they close. There was a strange noise at night that was barely audible which my wife thought sounded kind of like a washer machine. I got used to it after the first night. Overall it was quiet during our stay.

The hotel has a central location and is very close to a T-bana. One can reach the central station in two stops and very little time. I definitely recommend getting a SL card and loading it with an appropriate amount of hours for your stay.

Overall the hotel was fine but nothing memorable (besides maybe the gym). If I go back to Stockholm I'd stay somewhere else not because anything is wrong with the hotel but because there is no reason to stay here instead of trying somewhere new.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple