“Should be 4-star!”

Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm
Ranked #61 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Catch a bus from the airport to city terminal then 15 mins walk or couple of tube stops. This hotel was a bit tricky to find - tucked in narrow road and set back from the street so follow clearly marked house numbers on street signs). But it has the lot - huge breakfast, 3 free PCs in lobby, free wifi throughout, super-clean big and secure rooms incl. sofa and desk (key access to everything). Reception staff friendly and helpful, luggage storage. 20 mins walk to popular Gamla Stan (palace).

Room Tip: Quiet area so no noise problem.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linhmar
TorbjornBrown, Revenue manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review after your stay with us. Hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager

Reviewed December 10, 2012

This hotel is not easy to find at first. I think they need to put some signs in the streets nearby. The location is not wow, but considered fine. My husband and I could walk to the downtown in about 15 minutes. Few supermarkets & the metro station around the corner is a plus.
Staff were friendly and helpful too.

Decoration looks old fashioned, I think on purpose. The sense of antiques came from the wood choice in rooms. Room was mid-sized. Bathroom was small. Free wifi was available but with a password. The warming system was great.

We loved the rich breakfast options. The restaurant was bigger than it looked. During 2 breakfasts, it was raining and almost half of the restaurant was closed. But it was OK. There were free tea and coffee in the lobby

There was a bad smell in the 8th floor for the 3 days we stayed there. I don't know about other floors, The smell was like lack of fresh air.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Battota_AA
TorbjornBrown, Revenue manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. It is highly appreciated and we value your feedback. I also like to inform you that we are renovating the hotel and already have approximately 30 fully refurbished rooms. Hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Somewhat central, good 30 minutes walk to Gamla Stan (old town) and Royal Palace,15 minutes to the pedestrianised Drottninggatan . Close to Sveavagen, major street in Stockholm.Parking on site, reservation required.Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toronto_CanadaEurope

Thank you for your kind words and hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed 5 nights and found this hotel to have pretty much everything a business traveler would need. It's not a luxury hotel but I still found it very comfortable, even cozy. My room on the 9th floor was fairly spacious with enough closet space that I didn't have to see my luggage or clothes once I unpacked. The gym was great; more gym than you would expect for any hotel. The free internet was very good in my room, though the system makes you re-login every 45 minutes. Breakfast is of decent quality and abundant -- though if you want higher quality coffee and pastries they're easy to find in the neighborhood. The coffee machines used in the hotel lobby and breakfast room serve bad Nescafe-type coffee. That said, it's free. Nice location within walking distance of Drottninggatan, a main shopping street, metro and some excellent restaurants on side streets. Front desk was always helpful. I stayed 5 nights and paid 6150 SEK -- or about $915. For that price in Stockholm I doubt I could have done better than here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after your stay with us. It is highly appreciated and we value your feedback. Hopefully we see you as a guest again in the future. Best regards Minna Pykälämäki, Revenue manager

Reviewed November 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. She was traveling for work and we just had to pay for the upgrade from a single to a double for me to come along. The small amount to make that change was a large factor in our decision to book this hotel.

The hotel is located on a side street near the center of the city. Approaching from the outside the hotel isn't much to look at. Check in was quick and simple but another person (traveling with my wife for work's) credit card didn't work at the front desk. The room we stayed in was 613. It was small but what I would consider a standard size for a European hotel room. There was a closet with safe, 2 beds, tv, desk, coffee table, and love seat in the room. The bed was fairly comfortable but I didn't care for the pillows on it. The window looked out at other parts of the hotel and an apartment building. It was about as boring a view as I've ever seen from a hotel room but that doesn't really matter. The window was drafty and this could possibly be an issue in the winter time. My wife thought the room was cold the first night but I felt the temperature was fine. She gets cold easy. The heat is from a radiator and you don't have much control over it. The bathroom was a decent size. The shower was quite large and after pushing a switch over on it the water was really hot.

The breakfast buffet was alright but not great. It had a standard selection; scrambled eggs, sausage, meatballs, hard boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheese, bread, rolls, cut vegetables, fruit, yogurt, cereal, and a not so standard choice of two kinds of herring. The coffee came from a machine with options such as cafe latte, espresso, cappuccino, black, and hot chocolate. I didn't care for it to much. It could get really crowded. The amount of people who all descended as we were finishing our meal on Friday was a bit overwhelming.

The hotel has a gym and sauna. I didn't go to the sauna but the gym was the best I've ever seen in a hotel. It was better then gyms I have belonged to before actually. There were standard cardio machines, all the different weight lifting machines, a full range of dumbbells, and free weights. What I found most impressive was the inclusion of a flat bench and squat rack which were hidden away in a side room.

The doors to the hotel rooms are loud when they close. There was a strange noise at night that was barely audible which my wife thought sounded kind of like a washer machine. I got used to it after the first night. Overall it was quiet during our stay.

The hotel has a central location and is very close to a T-bana. One can reach the central station in two stops and very little time. I definitely recommend getting a SL card and loading it with an appropriate amount of hours for your stay.

Overall the hotel was fine but nothing memorable (besides maybe the gym). If I go back to Stockholm I'd stay somewhere else not because anything is wrong with the hotel but because there is no reason to stay here instead of trying somewhere new.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank songoftheeclipse

Reviewed November 8, 2012

The hotel was great!! But...
the breakfast was in another building, not a big deal but it was just another thing to have to do.
the other thing is, the shower always got everything wet! There was a squichey thing that I had to use eveytime!!!

Room Tip: in the main building so you do not have to walk to the main one for breakfast
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cathystiernagle
TorbjornBrown, General Manager at Best Western Kom Hotel Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank You for reviewing our hotel, and thank You for Your kind words.
I will make sure to check the showerheads immediately!
Kind regards,
Torbjorn Brown / GM

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked this hotel for the relatively low price for a single room. The hotel is very basic. The rooms look like they are from the standard hotel room decor catalog from the early nineties. Bed well used and pillows have been thru the washing machine every day since 1993. The hotel is in a great location, the reception staff were great (got an early check in, and good service in the morning for taxi arrangements). The breakfast was pretty sad, but then again I am not big on breakfast so I didn't mind. Agree with previous reviewers that the doors are noisy, and there is a lot of slamming doors. If you are on a budget and want a central hotel that is a little better than a hostel then this place is fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank You for reviewing our hotel!
I'm glad You found everything to be in good order and I'm also glad to tell You that we are in the process of refurbishing our hotel rooms. We have so far managed to complete about 30 rooms, so we still have some ways to go, but we keep on working.
Kind regards,