“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #91 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Accrington
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

My wife and I recently spent a few days in Stockholm and stayed at the Best Western hotel Bentleys.
The front of the hotel, which has retained it's vintage character, has a deceptively narrow entrance (easily missed if you're not careful) however, once through the door the building opens up into a spacious, covered courtyard which has been tastefully modernised.
We were most impressed with the layout and the high standard of cleanliness. Our room, which overlooked the courtyard, was comfortable and well furnished.
The staff were welcoming and helpful and the breakfast on offer was very good. Also the complimentary evening meal, which came as an unexpected surprise, was equally well received.
Centrally located and within easy reach of most of the city's attractions we would be very happy to stay there again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Jenny U, General Manager at Best Western Hotel Bentleys, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hello,

Thank You for Your feedback. It's always nice to hear when a guest had a pleasant stay.

Welcome back!

Best regards
Jenny Ullberg / Hotel Manager
BEST WESTERN Hotel Bentleys

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

When I checked in the receptionist warned me that I was booked into their smallest room: the "economy single" and would I like an upgrade? I declined as the price was another 25%. I stayed for 4 nights in a shoe-box room big enough for me - and the (very good) shower-room roughly doubled the size of it. The room overlooked the courtyard and was rather too warm and airless, and being on the ground floor it was impractical to leave the window open.
Breakfast was typical swedish fare :I noticed no supply problem but then I was just about the first down each morning. The evening "buffet" initially felt like a gimmick: really just like breakfast but with a BASIC hot dish as well (fish soup one night, spaghetti carbonara another) - but it's perfectly adaquate if you've eaten at lunchtime.

Room Tip: Try for a room higher up so you can get some ventilation.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank robwks7
BWHotelBentleys, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Bentleys, responded to this review, July 27, 2015

Merthyr Tydfil County, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I took my husband to my native country and after looking at the pictures we choose this hotel. I had seen the pictures before booking but I feel that the pictures didn't do the rooms justice. The room was AMAZING, the hotel was central and a very easy to get around and, well, the staff.. What can I say.. They definitely made the stay!!! They were amazing and nothing was a problem!! It was such an amazing stay that we are going back in December this year ( staying an extra night even ) and they have been kind enough to put us in the same room!! I have stayed in many hotels in Stockholm including Royal Viking by the central station and in my opinion this hotel is the best!!

• Stayed December 2012
Hello,

Thank You for Your very kind words. You made my day, and I am very proud of all of my staff.

Please, contact us again when You're planning Your next Stockholm visit.

Best regards
Jenny Ullberg / Hotel Manager
BEST WESTERN Hotel Bentleys
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in October.

The hotel is situated nearby the shopping districts.
The distance from the hotel to the nearest subway/metro station (T-bana) is about 200 metres ~ 300 metres.
There is just a small door at the entrance that lead to the hotel, and it requires a pin code to enter, so it is best to stop and ask if you can't find the hotel entrance.

The check-in process is fairly quick, and I am already in my room within 10 minutes of check-in.
There is only a single lift serving my side of rooms, there might be another set of lift at the front, which I'm not sure.
My room is facing the interior of the building, so we can see the reception from the room.
No complimentary water is given, hopefully there is some 7-11 and Coop supermarket nearby the T-bana station. Maybe it is safe to drink from the tap, but I am just not used to it.

The room is fairly small, but considering it is just a 3 star hotel, it is not bad.
I brought along a 30 inch luggage this time round, still can fit in the room, at the corner.
There is a mini fan given in case the natural winter weather is not cold enough for us (guess it is a necessary during summer)
Hairdryer is provided in the bathroom, and the warm water is really warm sometimes.

Breakfast and tea-time is complimentary for all guest, which is really good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kons168
Thank you for your feed back.

We are sorry to hear that you were not pleased with you stay.

Hopefully you can visit us soon again and let us make it up for the last stay.

Elsloo, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My room was situated overlooking the lobby/breakfastroom of the hotel on the 3rd floor.
Normally your view would be boring but i had kind of a balcony and at night is was like sitting outside in a small town in Tuscany.
It had a nice atmosphere and warm colors.
Breakfast was good and the location of the hotel was terrific for making trips or shopping.

Room Tip: Inside room facing the courtyard was very nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank daved510

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Overall good experience. Friendly staff, clean rooms. Internet, breakfast and dinner buffets included, but don't expect too much from the dinner buffet. Rooms are tiny but comfortable, beds decent. Great location on one of Stockholm's best shopping streets. Walking distance from Arlanda Express. Tons of restaurants and two 7-11's in spitting distance. Great low-to-mid range hotel from which to explore Stockholm. We'll go back.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank ChristoNL

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is situated a short walk from the metro station and from the centre of town on a shopping street. Location was great. We arrived early and unexpectedly there was one room that was ready. We expected to ask to have our luggage stored in their luggage room but no. We were surprised. We got to our room to find that there were no opening windows nor any air con. It was a very hot weekend and it was already very hot and sweaty in the room. As there was no air in the room, it was a horroble nights sleep and felt very tired the next day. We managed to get a fan for the room which cooled it down slightly to be able to get a better nights sleep. If we had been staying for more than 2 nights, we would have asked to me moved, it was a horrible experience not to have either an opening window or air con and the weather being as hot as it was. The breakfast was ok, I have had better in other hotels. Overall, I wouldn't recommend staying here and feel that it was overpriced for a room that was just about big enough for the 2 of us to stay in. I appreciate that it is an old building but to have a room which you couldnt get any air into i think is unexpetable for the price of it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple