Best Western Hotel Bentleys
  • Bar/Lounge
Queen's Hotel(Stockholm)
Hotel Bema(Stockholm)
View Hotel
Freys Hotel Lilla Radmannen(Stockholm)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscovered courtyardglass roofcentral stationmain pedestrianshopping streetinner yardsingle roomreception areafifth floorexcellent locationfree coffeeunderfloor heatingrestaurants and shopspleasant hotelwalking distancegamla stanbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Our experience was overall quite positive. The breakfast was plentiful and good (with the exception of the coffee--but there are many cafes along Drottninggatan), the staff friendly and accommodating, and the room was fine--new bathroom fixtures and clean.

The location is ideal, and the front desk was helpful with restaurant suggestions. There was not wifi in our room, so we had to go to the lobby. I think you can ask for a room where wifi is available when you make your reservation.

I would not rate this as excellent, but it was reasonably priced, clean, and pleasant. Given the location, I would certainly stay here again.

And, by the way, Esperanza is right next door. An excellent Italian restaurant!

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a room with wifi if you want it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Jenny U, Manager at Best Western Hotel Bentleys, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank You for Your feedback regarding Your stay.

We don't have Wifi in all rooms, but there's broadband access available in all rooms. Otherwise, You can always use Wifi in the lobby area.

It's nice to hear that You were satisfied with the restaurant. I will forward the review.

Welcome back!

Jenny Ullberg / Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 8, 2012

When we checked in, the snippy front desk lady told us matter-of-factly that the reason our room was so minute in size (about 10 X 12, including bathroom) was because we had booked a "moderate rate" room. When we booked the room thru Best Western's 800 number, it was not explained to us that the room would be so tiny we could not move in it! It was a double room but no room for 2 people and 2 suitcases. As if this were not bad enough, the rooms looked out on the lobby which has a closed glass ceiling ! This is ludicrous! The hot air builds up inside the lobby space and becomes unbearable - both for guests and staff. It is like a greenhouse inside the hotel, and the only way to get any air inside the rooms is to open the window onto the lobby area: which only served to heat up the rooms with the overheated air. PLUS, with the windows open, in an attempt to cool the room (which it did not), the noise of anyone coming into the lobby (eg late-night arrivals, late night party-goers) echos off the cavernous lobby space, effectively waking anyone who had managed to get to sleep in spite of the heat. Then, if one were sleeping, the staff begins setting up breakfast at 6AM - and breakfast is served in the lobby! So the sound of clinking glasses, silverware, plates, etc, effectively echos throughout the lobby space once again and let's not even talk about trying to sleep-in past this time, because guests start eating breakfast and talking beginning at 7 AM ! There was only ever one single staff person at the front desk during our stay and they consistently (except for the lady at our arrival) did their best to assist us. We felt sorry for them! In our opinion Bentley's is a fundamentally, badly-designed hotel space with: 1) a critical lack of air-circulation reaching the rooms, 2) room space so small it should be mentioned when reservations are made, and 3) a noise problem that cannot be resolved !! Swedish friends who visited us at the hotel were horrified at the heat/temperature. Best Western's reputation is in question if Bentley's Hotel remains in its inventory.

Room Tip: impossible to say!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dalahesten

Thank You for Your feedback regarding Your stay.

I'm sorry that You didn't have a pleasant stay.
We have 4 different room categories, and the difference is the size of the rooms, and location in the buildning. All minidouble rooms (the smallest room category) have window towards the glassed-in courtyard. I will check the information regarding this room type.
We are currently working with a solution with the ventilation.
We are trying to help all guests with their problem, and in this case, I don't know if You spoke with the front desk staff.

Once again, I'm sorry that we couldn't live up to Your expectations.
If You have further problems, please contact me directly.

Jenny Ullberg / Hotel Manager

Reviewed July 2, 2012

The location for this hotel was quite good!

The breakfast buffet was also quite good.

Beds were also ok.

But now for the bad things;

The hotel had advertised free wifi, but the wifi didn't reach everywhere on the hotel. Since our room faced the streets, we had no wifi in the room, and had to enter the lobby in order to access the internet. The staff were quite friendly though, and let us use their computer to print out our plane tickets (they also have one public computer in the lobby, but its not connected to a printer)

And the hotel looks quite old.

There's also no fridge in the room.

All in all, the hotel gets the job done. Friendly staff and an excellent location, but it lacks the certain extra in order to get full marks.

So we give this an average review

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jenny U, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Bentleys, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Dear Sir / Madame.
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.
It is true that we do not have a wireless network in the rooms facing the street, these rooms have broadband connection with a cable that can be borrowed from the reception. All rooms faceing in to the courtyard / reception has wireless network.
We will see if we can put in fridge in some of the rooms in the future, in the meantime we are happy to cool your things in our fridge down in the lobby bar.
I hope that you will come back to us in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My first mistake was to let my office PA select this hotel. However, even though it was a Best Western, which I have not stayed in for many years, I thought it would not be too bad. I can only describe the room I was given as a small cupboard. The room was in the ‘cellar’ floor and the size of a rabbit hutch with no room to turn. It also had windows high on the wall which made it more like a prison cell which were partially obscured by the atrium benches where you have breakfast. I should have walked out when there was a general lack of amenities in the room and the bathroom had those horrible wall mounted soap and shower wash dispensers. These rooms should not be rented out but returned to use as a store room. General lack of service, breakfast ok, location ok and I still paid £170 per night which is expensive for a Stockholm cupboard.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JPDKL

Thank You for Your feedback regarding Your stay.

Since I do not know which cabin room you stayed in, we will review all.
If I can be of assistance in the future, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife and i have just been staying at Best Western Hotel Bentleys in Stockholm for a couple of days, and I must admit that what I have read on tripadvisor are true - this is a truly hot hotel, but not for the reasons some might think..
First the positive of things: The hotel is located very central in Stockholm and close to everything in a quiet part of the city. Furthermore the hotel ( and old renovated/remodelled apartment building ) are nice and cozy.
The staff are extremely helpful and nice.
The breakfast buffet is OK, nothing spectacular, but what one could/would expect from a hotel of this size/ of this chain.
Now the more negative: The shower was, as mentioned in several other reviews, small ( thats no problem ) but there's nothing stopping the water from flowing all over the floor and into the room (if you take long showers).
But the worst is The room !
Ours was on the forth floor, and was apart from being quite small but usable, extremely hot !
The room faced the covered yard and the windows could not be opened and as there's no air-condition the heat in the room was raised fast. Even though we turned down the heat to zero the heat in the room was nearly unbearable. Especially during the night this was very uncomfortable.
And after taking a bath the whole room would be hot and very humid because you are unable to get some fresh air into the room.
This is something Best Western must correct as I clearly can envision how the rooms will be like during the summer. Please fix this..!
But if you dear reader like it hot and humid- then the Best Western Hotel Bentleys, Stockholm is for you

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir.

Thank You for Your feedback regarding Your stay.

I apologize that it was warm during your stay. We are currently working with the ventelations system right now and we are reviewing our bathrooms.

I hope that you will come back to us some day and if I can be of assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,