“Great rooms, near everything.”
Review of Hotel Tegnerlunden

Hotel Tegnerlunden
Ranked #41 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Bento Goncalves, RS
“Great rooms, near everything.”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The room wasn't large, but very comfortable. The bathroom was a bit too small. The hotel is near from everywhere you may want to go in Stockholm. The breakfast was wonderful!
However, the main entrance has stairs and that's not nice if you have a heavy suitcase. Incidentally, I fell from the stairs and hurt my leg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
lake in the hills, IL
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked this hotel via an online company that I won't name since I'm not sure if it was THEIR fault or the company they are using like a middle man but basically there was a mix up upon my arrival. When I went to check in, I was told that despite paying for a 3 star hotel as Hotel Tegnerlunden is, I was put into their 1 star hotel because they share the building. At first I was like "eh, OK" as I was only there for one night and going to be out and about the whole time anyways but once the woman said "shared bathroom" I took a different view. She (I wish I'd gotten her name) was extremely helpful, called their manager to see if they could get me in somehow under the original reservation and when they couldn't helped me call the booking company so I could dispute it. I then asked how much it'd be to book a whole new room...much more than what I'd paid so I asked her if there were other hotels around that might be cheaper and she told me of two (which is nice as she could have not offered). Both were more expensive so I stayed here and bless her heart, she gave me an upgrade so it was a little bit bigger room and with a nice view.

So..that aside, once I got into the room that was to be mine, it was nice and bright with very quick wifi and a great view of the lovely square that this hotel was on one side of. It's conveniently located close enough to the central rail station that you can walk it (though it's up a hill...just an fyi). The breakfast was wonderful with a lot of choices and the bed was comfortable.

It started off a mess but with the help of the staff, things worked out and I'd definitely stay here again. =o)

Room Tip: ask if you can get a room that overlooks the square.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Northern California, US
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Hotel Tegneriunden isn't that far away from the train station and it can also be reached by subway. It's located in a quiet residential neighborhood. Micro hotel is also located in the same building, but in the downstairs. Both hotels share the same staff.

The staff was very nice. My room was clean and seemed quite new and it faces the park . Wifi in the room was very good. Breakfast was very satisfying.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Shropshire
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I stay quite often in Stockholm and know how hard it is to find somewhere reasonably priced that doesn't have high traffic noise/shoe-boxed-sized rooms/basic things like a kettle ... I booked this one on the strength of the reviews on here and am glad I did.

It looks unpromising from the outside, but I felt at home as soon as I walked inside. The place has a cosy feel to it. I asked for a corner room overlooking the park, and that's exactly what I got. I loved being able to see the park and small touches like the pretty curtains and armchair made my room feel cosy and homely. It's a simple place - no luxury here - but there was the all elusive kettle and and also free wifi.

I ate in the bar. I was the only person there, it was peaceful and simple - a nice home made quiche and salad. Breakfast was simple but nice, with a good view of the city from the breakfast room.

All in all, this was my kind of place. Small, simple, but with its own style and personality. I have found my place to stay in Stockholm.

Room Tip: I loved my corner room overlooking the park - two large windows and nice to look out at the trees.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ShropshireSue
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 27, 2013

My friend and I stayed for three nights in January, and we had a really good time at this hotel! It's really central, but also in a quiet place so there is no disturbing noise, and it is clean and very nice. The rooms are not huge, of course, but good size, and they are very light and nice, which make them bigger. A delight! I have nothing to complain at, but we didn't get as much contact with the staff so I just say 'very good'. But the others I will definitely say was excellent! Nothing to complain about :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Regine0311
Terni, Italy
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I’m Italian and I staied in this Hotel last month with my wife, we were very happy because it’s very beautiful and the staff are very kind.
The rooms ate clean, big and new! The breakfast are big and good, there are many product for every nationality, sweet and savory.
The position is good because very central and you can go in the Stockholm centre by foot.
I recommend it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stefano B
Vallensbaek Strand, Denmark
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed 1 night on a business trip. Have absolutely nothing to point my fingers at. The hotel was clean and everything was working according to intention.

My reason for the average evaluation is how ever that apart from the economic pricing I have received an average product. There was no nice surprise such a services or amenities that was offer at the hotel.

Breakfast was good but close to boring. No eggs and bacon or other plates that could be expected as part of an intercontinental breakfast.

Proximity to Central Stockholm is okay. Everything is within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business