“A surprisingly excellent Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Vasastan
Boston, Massachusetts
“A surprisingly excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

This restaurant on Radmansgatan was quite close to our hotel (Lilla Radmannen). We ate there our last night in Stockholm. It is much larger and nicer than it appears from the outside. The food that we had was excellent. Unfortunately our budget was the Swedish Krone that we had left. I wish we had a few more. We were really impressed by the food. The prices were okay, after all it is in Stockholm.

If you have a desire for fine Italian food in a place with excellent service in Stockholm mywife and I highly recommend Buchetto.

• Visited August 2012

San Diego
“Charming and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

The owner, Claudio, is friendly and welcoming. The food was outstanding and atmosphere was laid back and comfortable. Highly recommended as a local favorite and something that tourist probably wouldn't find without searching online...Highly recommended!

Visited September 2012
London
“Best Italian Meal I've Ever Had Abroad!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I feel compelled to write a review on this fantastic restaurant! Me and my sister literally stumbled across this restaurant and saw how busy it was and how it was filled with locals (always a good sign of a restaurant) so we decided to try it. The staff spoke good English and gave us fantastic service, really attentive without being too intrusive. The restaurant is tiny but its so lovely and has such a wonderful atmosphere and feel to it. The food is brilliant, we noticed everyone getting the garlic bread as a starter so we decided to try it and we loved it! I got a seafood pasta which I enjoyed and my sister got a lovely salmon pasta which was amazing! We got the ice cream to finish and the meal was very reasonably priced for a 3 course meal for 2 young girls on a budget!

• Visited April 2012
Helsinki, Finland
“Small, comfortable Italian restaurant - what they should be like!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

Buchetto is a what a small Italian restaurant should be. The food is delicious, the owner serving his customers with warmth and us the customers get great value for money. I was alone the other evening and decided I needed to congratulate myself with a good meal in what I always think of as a "Donna Leon" style restaurant. When I visit Buchetto I am always thinking about what Commissario Brunetti would be enjoying there and finishing off his meal with a double espresso with two spoons of sugar!
The owner is half Italian (talks and knowlegable - loves his food) and half Finnish (soft spoken and professional - loves his wine). A great combination for a person who knows Capri (his father) and Napoli which house some of the very best restaurants in Italy...
The restaurant is just behind Tegnerlunden near three small hotels and near Grill and Rolfs Kök. This offers great value and good service. Its location is just in one of the side streets and gets easily overlooked, but my recommnedation is serious.

• Visited May 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Charming atmosphere, Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

We stumbled on to this restaurant because it was near our destination and we were hungry. Not on the main street and may be difficult to find but it is a quaint neighborhood Italian restaurant with delicious food, excellent service and good wine. They have their own label wine which was quite tasty and very agreeable with our meals. The waiter was extremely attentive and came with suggestions (which can be rare in Stockholm). I ordered a pasta dish with cream, asparagus, zucchini, artichokes, pine nuts and parmesan. The pasta was cooked to perfection. . .al dente! And the vegetables were fresh and crispy. My wife ordered the Carpaccio which was tasty although it had a little too much lemon on it. Overall we were impressed with this small cozy restaurant and I would definitely recommend it for another visit!

• Visited October 2011