“Great place to stay”

Scandic Klara
Ranked #70 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was my first time here, but will for sure use it again when visiting Stockholm. Great service and nice, but quite small rooms. The breakfast was really excellent. There was also a new café in the lobby, Clara's Café. I had lunch there and it was nice and tasty. I had a room facing Drottninggatan and it was quiet and very calm.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed April 18, 2013

There is nothing per-se fundamentally wrong with this hotel - free wifi, central location. But (i) the rooms are expensive and small - the sort of size I'd expect in Venice or Paris. (ii) for a major hotel food/room service stops at 2100 (as in served and out by...), not great when you check in at 2045. The rooms looking onto the breakfast courtyard are noisy first thing in the morning and worse still was the building work at 0750 which woke most people up. Rooms clean and staf friendly but poor value overall.

Room Tip: Avoid the central courtyard rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank oceanographer
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed two nights here and were hopeful of a reasonable sized room, but unfortunately we got the standard twin - which would just fit two people comfortably, so the added extra of a roll-away bed make it very limited in space. In other hotels we've been given either a corner room with a sofa or a larger room with a sofa that folded out into a third bed and so was not so "squeezy". On top of this accommodating three suitcases made the room even more cramped and so not as comfortable as other hotels. The beds were comfortable at least.

The hotel had renovations happening so the front reception lounge area was quite dusty and a little noisy but understandable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was in a temporary dining area but had a wide selection of food for all tastes.

The hotel was convenient to the railway station and bus station and to the sights we wanted to walk to. If the room was bigger for the three of us I would have give it 4 but being only a small standard twin hotel room, it was not as comfortable as our other hotel stays.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at Rica Hotel for 10 nights and enjoyed our stay and thought it was well worth the money. It is primarily a hotel forbusiness travelers, so there are no frills or fuss, just a clean and well maintained hotel located in the city center.

The hotel is well maintained and covers the basic needs of their guests; there is a rather good restaurant and very friendly personnel providing excellent service. It is situated in the absolute city center, between two of Stockholms major shopping streets, but it is not the nicest of areas. The surrounding is comparable with American downtowns; lots of hustle and bustle daytime and then deserted night time.

The rooms are small but clean and neat, spartan. They have most things needed, such as an iron board, fridge, TV, etc. The only negative we have to say is that we missed a wardrobe and a small bureau.

The breakfast, which was included in the room price, is really good. The overall service level was really great and the hotel personnel very professional, service minded, and friendly.

We can definitively recommend this hotel to business travelers and those who just coming to Stockholm for a few days.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Visit Stockholm a lot... second time I have stayed here... The rooms are typical of most hotel rooms in stockholm, if its a single room you asked for.. you get a single bed.. but the rooms tend to be biiger than most so thats ok. The breakfast is really good.. good variety and tasty. Waiting staff are helpful too. I travel a lot so I have failry good experience of hotels in general. and to me its the service that makes a hotel stand out.. And that is where this hotel let itself down- recepetion staff when checking in.. one only member of staff there when I checked in.. she was on the phone taking a reservation for quite sometime... when she finished.. I thought it would be good manners to apologise for the wait and being on the phone.. but she was in fact rude and not that friendly... didnt explain about breakfast or internet or anything really... I had to do the asking... so ... not a great start... and fundamentally very basic stuff ... And then.. the bed.... it was a single... ok can handle that... but this one was with a great big dip in the middle... not a great nights sleep... and the room was cold too... couldnt get the heating up any more... May be I should have gone down and requested another room.. but couldnt be bothered after I had unpacked etc. and been in bed for over an hour in the 'dip' I mentioned it in the morning and got an apology.. but that was it... So.. next time in Stockholm.. maybe I give this hotel a miss.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Eddie B
Reviewed March 17, 2013

it doesn't compensate for some other things:

• The reservation was incorrect when we arrived.
• When I got the single bed room, i got a room that wasn't cleaned at all. used tea bags, the bed was unmade and had some stains that I could've lived without seeing. I got a new room that was cleaned and although it was small, it was ok. The air is dry, so you may bring yourself a portable humidifier.
• The new workout room is very fresh, and it's free of charge, so It was a nice bonus.

the breakfast: nice selection, although I do prefer a more "homemade" feeling. One thing that Rica Stockholm really has to change, is the fact that they have more guests than they can handle. Queuing for 10-15 minutes to get a table is not acceptable. Lisa – who was working there, was doing her best and was very very service minded, but the fact still remains – they need more space and it must be terrible for all of the staff to work there. Crowded, people are tired of waiting etc.

but, the location is awesome and I hope they will get all the things together when the renovation of the hotel is done.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Tobias V
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I had a really nice stay in this cosy hotel! Personal was fantastic and helpful! We got our room early and could leave our bags at the hotel afer checking out.There was a renovation going on but it didn´t troble us. The room was nice, but some strange sounds from my bed...but it didn´t keep me awake ;)
The location was perfekt, walking distance to everything: shopping dining and movies.The breakfast was nice and variable.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends