“Perfect location!”
Review of Elite Hotel Adlon

Elite Hotel Adlon
Ranked #40 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel together with my parents. As my Dad was in a wheel chair, I was concerned about easy access and the distance to the train station. With only a fee 100m to the train station, I need not worry.

The room was a good size and quiet, the sleeper couch was good enough and the staff were friendly. Besides this, I must comment that the breakfast offered was one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had in a long time.

Should I return to Stockholm in the future, I would choose the same hotel again. Thanks!

Stayed: July 2014
My Ö, Receptionschef at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We hope to continuously improve with your feedback. Suggestions and comments are important to us.

We look forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back to Elite Hotels of Sweden!

My Öhrn
Elite Hotel Adlon, Stockholm

Reviewed August 4, 2014

A Swedish friend suggested that I should stay at this hotel during my recent visit to Stickholm. I was very pleased with this choice. What looks like an old hotel building has been carefully renovated. My single room was small but functional. The breakfast definitely excellent in terms of quality and variety of items. The personnel super kind and helpful. Adlon is strategically located just a stone's throw from both the train station and the bus terminal in downtown Stockholm.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2014

Thank you for taking your time and writing a review to us on tripadvisor. First of all I am happy to read that your friend suggested us in the first place. And also that you really enjoyed your stay.

Welcome back to us in the future!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Great location, excellent service, clean room, excellent breakfast, good free wi-fi, and the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. Price was very adequate for a hotel of that level and in this location. I arrived by train and left by air, and location was excellent for both.
Best value for money!

Room Tip: Just enjoy your stay! Lovely hotel, Lovely city.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for mentioning our service, I am glad that you enjoyed it, aswell as our location, breakfast wi-fi. If you think our beds our the best bed you have slept in, it's for sure a big compliment for us, since you are spending a lot of time in it during your stay. So it's one of the most important things.

Thank you for writing this review, welcome back to us in the future!

& the team of Adlon

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very clean hotel (so what if the rooms are a little small we only want to sleep in there the beds were very comfortable bed especially the pillows that never seem to be in hotels - central location and staff were very helpful - the only drawback was that it was very hot when we visited and there was no air con in our room (although I'm guessing there is not much need for the other 360 days of the year)

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for this 5 star review!

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location and the service we provide. Just as you mentioned, it's indeed very uncommon to have such climate that we have had during the last weeks, tha'ts also why we don't have AC installed. We are currently building a few more rooms though that will be equipped with air conditioning.

Now I hope you get the opportunity to come back to Stockholm and visit us again!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed in a junior suite overlooking the street (homeless people set up nightly across the street). Room was simple but good size and clean. Bathrooms a little dated , but I think they are renovating. Location was excellent across from the airport express and central station, walking distance to gamla stan. Breakfast was excellent but dining room small and sometimes had difficulty finding a seat. staff was friendly and efficient. Room service was spotty but easily corrected with a phone call. Overall was pleased with the value.

Room Tip: high floor with less street noise. corner rooms larger
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking your time and coming back to us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, it is indeed very hard to beat.

Regarding the breakfast room, we are currently building the new breakfast room, which will be able to take much more people at the same time. Welcome back in October to try it when it will be opened!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Reasonable price for a family room, (2 adults and 2 small kids). The kids had a pull-out couch. Very good breakfast and central location just a short walk from the train station an dthe T-Centralen metro stop. Unfortunately we were here during a heat wave (30c) and the one operable window in the room only opens a tiny amount due to a safety latch. The window in the bathroom is not operable and there is no AC. With the window open at night it was still hot and incredibly loud. I suspect this wouldn't be an issue most of the year as the temperatures are typically much cooler so you wouldn't need to keep the window open. Nice wood floors in the room. There is an excellent, high quality Lebanese restaurant, Underbar, located on the pedestrian street a few blocks away.

Room Tip: If you want the windows open try to get a room off the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Filip U, Informationsansvarig at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you for taking your time and writing this review.

We have indeed had a few weeks with very hot temperature, and it's just like you said very uncommon. That's why the hotel don't have AC. The safety latch can be removed with a click on the top, it's basically there for the kids and a standard in Sweden.

I am glad to read that you over all had a pleasant stay and enjoyed our breakfast.

Welcome back to us in the future!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I picked the Adlon due to location where everything in the city was within walking distance. I got a courtyard room which kept the noise down and also had no issue the midnight sunlight. Room was a perfect size for 1 person. Small desk and dresser was located in the room with a nice chair to sit in and surf the internet when I wanted to. I do think that they could improve the closet and add drawers and shelves to put clothes in. That way they can get rid of the small dresser and open up a bit more room. The breakfast was very good and offered a lot of options. Room was very clean and staff was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: I got a "courtyard" room and did not have to worry about the sun being out until midnight...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear guest.
Thanks a lot for writing this 5-star review to us.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed our location and the room that was given to you. The rooms facing the yard is indeed more quiet, even though we have installed three way glass in the rooms facing the street. It's really difficult to eliminate 100% of the noise. I will take your suggestion regarding the planning of the room in mind and transfer it to the person in charge, thank you!

Have a great end of the summer and hope to see you again soon.

& the team of Adlon.