“A fine hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #53 of 158 Hotels in Stockholm
leeds
“A fine hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

Does what it says on the tin. I found the staff helpful but unintrusive, and the free internet access via aptopat reception was useful, and a dying feature of hotels, who often prefer just to offer wifi and not cater to those who don't have a computer.

The location was very good - not far from any of the main districts, and the room was very good and was cleaned well.

Noise on the street outside was a problem one night, but generally a good night's sleep is something to expect here...the hotel can't be blamed for the idiotic bus driver who held his horn down at 2am! I'm sure this doesn't happen often.

I would have to be convinced of a reason not to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for takiing your time to write this nice review. Welcome back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed during my business trip on March 2013. I stayed in Adlonn for 1 week. It offers a good standard room with affordable price as compare to others hotel in nearby location. I found this hotel very convenient as it is located close to the train station, bus stop, convenient store and you can find restaurants nearby.

Try to get a room in higher floor (4th floor) as i believed my room was slightly bigger than my friends rooms who stayed in lower level. Bathroom was quite small in my opinion but, i can bear with it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. As you point out our location is fabulous and we alway try to offer a price that is competitive compared to other hotels in the same area. We all wish you welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

The hotel offers a so called "Swedish Breakfast" in its homepage.
According to my expectations this is at least with a number of different sorts of fish, like salmon, etc. and other typical swedish products.

The truth, however is, that they offer a normal continental breakfast, which you can get in thousands of hotels all over Europe and elsewhere in the world. The information of the hotel refering to breakfast therefore simply is UNTRUE.
The advantages of the hotel are:
- the location close to the central Station includign airport busses to all airports in Stockholm area
- and the really very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations as a typical Swedish breakfast. Howeever we serve some very Swedish items on our breakfast buffet like filmjölk (sour milk), yoghurts, oatmeal porridge, Wasa knäckebröd (hard bread). lingonberries, a large scale of differnt milk types and bread and Swedish hard cheese are always on the buffet each morning together with the more continental items like coffee, scrambled eggs, juices, ham, liver paste etc. If you wish salmon we offer this for lunch/dinner in our lounge, for example in our home made soap or home made pie.
We all wish you welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stockholm can be expensive so I spent a lot of time researching hotels which would be both fairly affordable (by Stockholm standards) and also convenient for a four night stay. I found such a hotel in the Adlon.

The Adlon is easy to find and is only a very short distance from the Central Station and the Arlanda Express train from the airport. Check-in was easy and friendly, and I was surprised to be able to immediately get into my room since I had arrived in the morning. I had expected to have to drop off my luggage and get the key later.

Security is high on their priorities. The key is required to get through the door leading to the elevator, and the key is needed to get through the door leading to the floor.

The room was small but that is not unusual for a single room in Sweden. It was pleasant and clean and had everything I needed. My room overlooked a big street. When the window was open, street noise was quite loud. I only had the window open early in the morning and in the evening to cool the room. (Swedish hotels do not tend to have air conditioning.) Once the window was closed, the room was very quiet. I didn't notice street noise and I never noticed noise from any other people at the hotel.

Wifi worked beautifully and it was free.

Breakfast was plentiful. There was a buffet with lots of breads, cereal, meat, cheese, eggs, etc. (a typical Swedish breakfast) The breakfast room was a bit small, but it was not crowded at the times I used it.

There was plenty of shopping and restaurants in the vicinity and transportation to other parts of the city was close by.

Food and drinks were sold in the lobby, I think, but I didn't ask about that. I don't know if they had a restaurant. I saw tables on the side of the hotel but they might have belonged to a separate establishment.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

There were umbrellas available for guests if needed. The Adlon seems to have thought of everything.

This hotel far surpassed my expectations. I would gladly return on another trip to Stockholm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank JudyGrunsbo
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. We all wish you welcome back to Stockholm and Adlon Hotel.
Chapel Hill
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is right across the street from the central station and the Arlanda airport express stop. Beds were comfortable, and the front desk was able to have our room ready for early check in (we requested it ahead of time). The building has character. Breakfast was very crowded, though, so go early if you want a place to sit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Andover, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ideally situated just a minute walk from the Arlanda Express Airport station. The hotel staff are very helpful and friendly. Wi-fi is free in the lobby and in your room and connectivity was never an issue which was great as I was on a business trip. The beauty of the Adlon is that you are within walking distance of all the major sites and you feel perfectly safe all the time, which was great for me as I was traveling alone on business. The buffet breakfast is amazing! lots to chose from and always hot and cold options. The only neagtive comment I would make is that the breakfast room gets very crowded, so avoid peak times. All in all a great place to stay in central Stockholm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Caroline S
AdlonStockholm, General Manager at Elite Hotel Adlon, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. We wish you warm welcome back to Adlon and Stockholm!
Ishoej, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in Adlon Hotel on a 3 day holiday trip
This hotel is very centrally located and about 250 meters from Arlander Express train and the central station, and 350 meters from the Airport bus station. Not more than 200 meters to the walking street , and around 1,5 km to the old town.
This hotel a very nice and safe hotel, you need to use your key card to pass into the corridors, and also for getting into the floor where you are staying. We had a nice room at first floor. This room (102) had a window to a small working street, but no noise, when the window was closed.
The staff was very friendly, and also helpful. The breakfast room was too small, so there were a lot of waiting time, but we was allowed to use the "bar" room opposite the reception.

A very good hotel, we will use again next time we are in Stockholm.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kro90
Thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. You are right regarding the peak hours for breakfast - then it is crowded, especially during tourist season and weekends when we have many guests in all our double/multi bed rooms.
We all wish you welcome back to Adlon and Stockholm!