“Great place,close to the station,modern rooms”

ProfilHotels Central Hotel
Ranked #16 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Los Angeles, California
“Great place,close to the station,modern rooms”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night only after our cruise,the location is very hand and very central to all shops and convenience stores. Fast food outlets are also very close.
The staff were very friendly and courteous towards us and made us feel welcome, As we were leaving early they made a take away breakfast for us as well.
The room was very tidy and the beds were very comfortable for a good nights sleep. We were on the first floor and there was no noise at all.
I would stay at this hotel again for sure.

Room Tip: The fist floor at the rear was great 113
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on April 2014 while visiting Stockholm and I don't think I could ask for a better value. Very close to the Central Station, so if you arrive in Stockholm by bus or train it is just a 5 min walk, tops.

The staff is very friendly and whenever I asked for nearby places to eat or just visit they were very helpful.

The room is small, but very very clean and with a comfortable bed. There was a TV but I must say I didn't even turn it on. Shower is super good, a real decent shower head.
Oh, very interesting decoration and the dumbbells are a nice touch for those who can't stay away from some (light) workout ;)

Breakfast wasn't anything special but it was good, and again, everything in this hotel seemed really clean.
If for some reason you're craving for a burger, Max Burger is on the other side of the street, to the left.

I'd certainly stay there again if I need a hotel on my next visit to Stockholm.

Room Tip: A room with a view for the inside of the room. Seems strange but it looks good enough and it's r...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Norway
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We only stayed here for one night, but it was a nice room in a great location. It is not far from the shopping streets, the central station and restaurants. The room is not very big, but good enough, it has some nice details as a round shower and dumbbells. The breakfast was very good, with a lot to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in June. It was really easy access from the airport as you could hop on the airport train which brought you to central station, and it was pretty much across the street from there. It was also close to the main walking street in stockholm, and walking distance from the old town and pretty much all the nice areas. It was a small single room but stylishly decorated, which i appreciated since I just love swedish design. The first night I was on the 2nd floor facing the inner courtyard. Sunrise was at 3am, but the problem was that all the deliveries to the hotel or garbage collection or whatever it was, started then. It was the worst sort of clanging crashing noises which meant that I did not sleep. However, the next morning the front desk switched me out to the 4th floor facing the other direction, and I slept much better. I really appreciate the fact that they did that with minimum fuss. The breakfast was excellent too.

The only other issue I had was with the hair dryer. When I plugged it in, it sparked and died. I tried to communicate with the maid but she had to get a supervisor who then made me plug in the hair dryer that had sent out sparks to make sure it did not work before she would give me a new one. I of course refused to do that as I preferred not to be electrocuted, so the poor maid did. This I thought was odd and dangerous. Could have been a language issue I guess.

Room Tip: avoid lower level rooms facing the inner courtyard.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stayed here on a business trip as I needed to be close to the central station for taking a train in the morning and it's location is ideal, 5 minutes from the station and Arlanda Express. It is about a 10-15 minute walk to the old town but as Stockholm is so beautiful it's a nice walk.
I booked a single room and it was compact but had everything you need for business, most of all it was clean and wifi worked. My room was on the back of the hotel which meant no road noise during the evening but at 6am in the morning they collect and empty the bins which woke me and was a bit annoying. The breakfast was good with a wide selection, nothing amazing but all you need.
Overall I would not stay here with my wife but for business it's location is ideal and I will stay again on my next visit.

Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend on a business trip . Very friendly staff , hotel is almost across the road from Arlanda express platform. Breakfast was good and room was clean and convenient. Nice opaque curtains for the Swedish summer. Remember to close the windows to shut out street or back alley noise.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Shekeebus
Berkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights which cost 3500 SEK each night. Whilst Stockholm is generally expensive this seems ridiculous for a fairly average hotel. The room was small.

The first night the WIFI wasn't working.

Breakfast was pretty average.

On the plus side it was nice and clean.