1,504 results
All reviewsroyal palacegamla stanold towngreat locationplunge poolsea viewnobel museumexecutive roomreception staffoverlooking the watercharming hotelbreakfast buffetnice roomnice breakfastrooms are smallcentral locationvisiting stockholm
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Great location on the waterfront in Gamla Stam the old town.Rooms adequate but quite small - as with most European hotels we have recently stayed in there is very little hanging space or drawers in the rooms, also no drink making facility.
We stayed in the heatwave - beware there is no aircon in the hotel - not usually needed but sun shines in room all day
excellent breakfast from fry-up to fruit to fish included
Overall a great base for exploring Stockholm

Room Tip: Get a waterfront facing room
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is located on the harbour side of the old town, with wonderful views across the water and gives you very easy access to local restaurants and the harbour ferries. It’s a charming hotel has plenty of character with a mix of the old and modern in the public areas. The rooms have been recently modernised, not particularly large, but the space available has been used very well and perfectly adequate for a weekend break! Our rate included breakfast, which was a very extensive buffet with a wide selection to suit most tastes and there was also a hot option of bacon, small sausage, eggs, mushrooms and beans! We wouldn’t hesitate in staying here again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chi11ed
Reviewed July 17, 2018

First, the good. This hotel is ideally located if you want to live in and explore Stockholm Old City. I've been going to the Old City for over 30 years, and I wanted my wife to experience the shops, restaurants and pure enjoyment of the place. I picked the hotel so we could just walk out the door. I also picked the hotel because they advertised a 'Jacuzzi suite' which sounded great given my wife's bad knee but her insistence on walking everywhere we went. I made the reservation in January (we went in June) and confirmed it in March, and then again a week before we got there with the hotel. In all cases, the description 'Jacuzzi suite' (that is a large bath tub with water jets) was on the reservation and confirmed by the hotel. When we checked in: no Jacuzzi in the bathroom. I enquired why. Answer: 'oh, we don't have Jacuzzi suites anymore.' ????? They couldn't explain why they had confirmed a Jacuzzi suite when I showed them their eMail. When we returned to the US, I complained and finally, after threatening to go to the CEO of First Hotels, I got an apology and an offer to return a portion of our bill (she reduced the $480 a night to about $350). But still no explanation why they were selling something they didn't have any longer. So be careful with this hotel. If you look at the pictures on TripAdvisor, you'll see Jacuzzi bathtubs that don't exist anymore. And probably other pictures of amenities that are no longer there. As far as our suite, it was comfortable but not what we expected. Breakfast was typical European buffet and good. There are other hotels in the Old Town I'll try next time.

Room Tip: Don't believe the pictures of the hotel
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Z8364LHrichardt
Reviewed July 11, 2018

Stayed in a newly renovated room a beautiful view over the sea. The price for the rooms are , as so often in Stockholm, too high compared to the rest of Europa. It's located close to the Royal Castle and the famous Old Town.

Room Tip: ask for sea view
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Inge S
Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Stockholm and very excited to stay in old town of Stockholm. First impressions of the hotel were very nice and the staff friendly. When we got to our room it was nothing like the pictures on the website. It was tiny (standard twin room) which wasn’t an issue but it was clearly outdated and very used. Our tv didn’t work 4 out of the 5 days due to construction on the level we were staying at. We did notify staff of the tv and they put in a service request and offered a change of rooms but 3 days went by with no change. Normally not a problem but with the World Cup going on it would’ve been nice to have a functioning television, especially after our long days walking throughout Stockholm and the museums.

Aside from the room, however, the location was absolutely perfect and the breakfast for guests was some of the best I’ve ever had! It had a huge selection of deli meat, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, gluten free food, yogurts, breads, as well as hot dishes like scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.
Hopefully once renovations are completed the quality of the rooms will better reflect the reviews we had originally seen when selecting where to stay.

Stayed: July 2018