“Lovely Stockholm”
Review of First Hotel Reisen

Ranked #56 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Lovely little hotel in the perfect spot for getting around all the sights of Stockholm. The staff are excellent at this hotel, couldn't have been more helpful, even when we requested a kettle for our room, as there isn't one, it was at our door 2 mins later. The breakfast is great with a massive selection. We only ate at the hotel once in the evening, and our steaks were perfect.
The only negative about the hotel is the rooms are very hot, and that was with the thermostat turned right down. Then with the window open, you get the traffic noise.
Stockholm is a lovely city, with beautiful art decco buildings, and this hotel is no different, and very friendly people. We will definitely be back.

1  Thank Laurie Anne S
First Hotel Rei... S, Front Office Manager at First Hotel Reisen, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear Laurie Anne S,

Thank you for your review and your nice comments about our staff, breakfast and restaurant.
We have since you left repaired the thermostat in the room you stayed in.
We hope to see you soon again.

Best Regards

There are newer reviews for First Hotel Reisen

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We had a great experience at First Hotel Reisen when we stayed there on our wedding day! Great service and kindness and they fulfilled our hopes full out. U will love to wake up in Sthlms Old Town. Great!

Dear Garpas,

Congratulations on your wedding day! We are happy that you celebrated this big day with us.

We wish you all the best!

Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had a great time in Stockholm and we are really satisfied with a chosen hotel. The location is great, staff and breakfast to. The pool is small and very, very cold! We were with 2 children ( 6 and 13 ) and we had a big, sunny room with enough space and balcony. Around hotel are many restaurants and interesting places…

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Zeljko P,

Thank you for your great comments. The pool is indeed 16 degrees celsius and is best enjoyed after sitting in our sauna :)
Welcome back to F H Reisen.

Best regards

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I had a hard time deciding where to stay when I was booking my Stockholm trip. I was traveling with two other people, my father and my sister, and I just couldn't find a hotel that slept 3 people to a room. Prices all seemed pretty similar, and since I had never been to Stockholm before, the locations were hard to decide on. I ultimately decided on First Hotel Reisen because of the Gamla Stan location, and the free breakfast buffet. It was one of the best decisions I made on the entire vacation. Aside from the stairs instead of a ramp upon entry (hauling our bag up those 5 steps was Not fun) the entrance was very nice, and the staff was helpful and kind. We got our rooms, and saw that we had rooms without a view, and I really wanted my dad to have a great view, so I went down and talked to the front desk, and for a very nominal fee they upgraded him to a beautiful view room on the 5th floor, and moved us up there as well to be close to him, and our new room ended up having a balcony, which, despite being rather view-less, was nice to have nonetheless. His view was spectacular, with a full view of the National Museum, and the canals and such. The rooms were small, but I found in my search when I was still looking that almost all of them are, so I sort of knew that was coming. My sister and I stayed in that room with two large suitcases with no problems. We slept alright, but there are no sheets, just one heavy duvet per person, and it got rather hot in the night.
But, the morning was a MUCH better experience. We went to our first breakfast buffet at the hotel. WOW. Just wow. Wonderful breads, perfect croissants, pastries, cereals, yoghurts, juices, fruits, eggs, bacon, sausage, beans, swedish pancakes, hard and soft boiled eggs, eggs with caviar, eggs with mayo, fried mushrooms, liver paste, onion sausage, a variety of herring, pickles, honey, mustard, cream cheese, every topping imaginable, nutella, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, cheeses, meats, coffee and tea, and I'm sure I'm missing a few things. We were Very pleased, to say the least, and it was a great way to start out our fabulous Stockholm experience every day.
The front desk was very helpful, and offered us a great map of the city, and offered to make any reservations we might want, and checked on that status of things to see if they were open and when. Loved the staff here.
The wifi was Great. I've never had such a good wifi connection while traveling. It made it easy to keep in touch with home, and I think made us that much more comfortable.
We ate dinner only once in the restaurant. It was a little pricey, with a pretty small menu. It was good, not great. We never went back for dinner. A lunch menu/option would have been nice, as the dinner time didn't start until 4:00, and we would come back to drop things off an would have liked to have grabbed something there. But all in all, I can't complain. They had an excellent tequila at the bar, and that was a really nice surprise.
The location is perfectly suited and very close to a grocery store, many restaurants, and some great shopping. We couldn't believe our good luck in having so many things so close. Matter of fact, the statue of St. George is just behind and to the left of the hotel. What a neat find that was. There is a Christmas store just near that statue that you really shouldn't miss. Be prepared to walk on some older, harsher cobblestones however. I brought converse and was completely unable to wear them, and wore my hiking shoes instead every day.
All in all, I can't imagine staying anywhere else, and I definitely plan on coming back to Stockholm again, and staying here.

Room Tip: Get a room 5th floor or higher with a view. The little extra charge is VERY worth it. Even if you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank mrshamills
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Classic hotel in great location. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good fresh breakfast. Amazing view (we had a superior room on 7th floor). Rooms in need of refurbishment. Beds a bit unsuited if you have got a sensitive back. Otherwise a good oldfashioned (in a positive sense) hotel.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We have stayed here several times now, in rooms ranging from basic to suite. We return as it is a nice, proper place, conveniently located in the Old Town, i.e. close to shopping, restaurants and entertainment.

Pros:
- Friendly staff.
- Attention; a broken light bulb was fixed promptly!
- Charming.
- Central location.
- Reasonably priced.

Neutral (i.e. OK):
- Slightly worn appearance.
- Restaurant (evening as well as breakfast) fair and decent.
- Parking by valet service from the reception only (but you shouldn't drive here anyway, it's messy and busy in the city!).

Minor cons:
- No safe locker in rooms.
- In some suites there is a jacuzzi; nice, but somewhat hard to get into and out of. It is also a slightly messy affair to have just a shower as there was no shower curtain.

No major cons!

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located right in the middle of Gamla Stan. Perfect location for sight seeing and to experience Stockholm city life.
Breakfast was one of the best I've seen in Europe. Very rich and tasty.
Room was very clean, small but comfortable.
Parking is a problem in Stockholm. Don't think of coming with your car...extremely high parking fees...

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo