“Friendliest place in Stockholm”
Review of Freys Hotel

Freys Hotel
Ranked #16 of 155 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed February 14, 2014

The hotel has nice design.
Is well located close to the train station. Staff is ver friendly and breakfast is rich. The rooms are good and beds comfortable. It feels like coming home when visiting this place. I want to come back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,448)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

You can reach this hotel by choosing train from Arlanda airport to the Stockholm C Station. The journey takes around 20 minutes, costs around 20 euros and then you are at the city centre. When you get out from the train station you see Freys hotel signs. The best thing is that this hotel is near train station and city centre. You do not need to travel with taxi if you want to visit for instance Åhlens or other shopping facilities.

You can leave your luggage to the hotel if you want to visit the city before you get the room. However they do not put any tags to the luggage and you can go to the luggage room without anyone watching what you do. I think this is a bit lazy from them. Also the service at reception is not very prompt.

Someone says that the rooms are small, but I liked my room and it was cosy. The room was quiet. There is ironing room available at the hotel and breakfast is at downstairs. The only problem which I had was the water temperature. I was not able to get hot water from the shower. However it was warm enough for shower.

The bar at the hotel seems to be quite busy during evening, but I did not visit that at this time. Now it is time to go for a breakfast, I hope it is great as people says :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
NinniBLO, Kundansvarig at Freys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear,

We are glad you liked our hotel and we hope our breakfast was fantastic!

Regarding the luggage room we have a security door which is only opened by our Front Desk staff and you allways need to say your room number and also show Id when getting your bag out. We will of course take this under consideration regarding putting a tag on the luggage.

We hope you will visit us soon again!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Good location, close to the railway station and easy access to the town. Small room but very comfortable. Excellent breakfast, lots of choice with some of the best coffee ever. We didn't try the bar/restaurant but it seemed popular. Friendly staff, very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank HenleyWoman
NinniBLO, Kundansvarig at Freys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear,

We are very happy to hear your stay at Freys Hotel was great and we hope seeing you here again soon.

Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a few days and the location is great. Close to the main train station, the shops and other attractions. There's a Belgian bar and restaurant attached (not tried).

We upgraded to another room, because the budget rate we booked meant one of us had to sleep on the fold-out sofabed. Rooms are still small and bathroom (no bath) probably the tiniest we've ever seen. Room does meet all requirements: plasma tv, minibar (to store the soda we bought elsewhere), clean, hair dryer.

Breakfast was good, with many (healthy) choiced

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to write some sentences to us.

I´m sad to hear you felt our rooms are small. We have several different room categories and some of them are standard rooms which you find a bit smaller. Maybe next time you visit us you can try our larger rooms like our Superior rooms or Superior rooms with balcony.

I really hope seeing you here at Freys Hotel another time!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stayed five nights on a winter rate in a superior room (the one pictured on TripAdvisor!). The room was wonderful, especially large for European standards. A heads up for non-couples: it wasn't clear when I made the reservation that most (all?) beds in the superior rooms can't be separated into singles but they are spacious still. Friendly staff. Best of all is the hotel bar/restaurant (Belgobar) which is well stocked with more Belgian beer than I could sample in my time there; it gets quite warm in there though. Freys is in a great location directly across from the Arlanda Express--even the most directionally challenged person can't get lost if coming from the airport. Close to public transportation. With a street view there were some noise issues at night but fairly minor (shouting revelers, occasional sirens). Walking distance to many things. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear,

Thank you very much for your fantastic and positive feedback!

We hope seeing you here at Freys Hotels soon again!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Apart from a tiny double room for a high price, you will get an average breakfast (not a single bit of fish on the menu). I was unfortunate to get a room with rather smelly bathroom, but it was solved in a matter of seconds (really!). I got a new room instead. The staff is friendly and welcoming (guys you are best!).
Apart from that, the TV-remote run out of battery. I could not bother to complain, as it was late in the evening. General advice to the hotel manager is to skip terrible vanilla scented lotion and shampoo, instead something more neutral (citrus?). The massive amount decorations could give you an allergy attack and items for purchasing that were all over both the lobby and the hotel room. Make it less evident!

Room Tip: Simly look for something else!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Albina P

Dear,

I´m sorry to hear that your experience on Freys Hotels wasn´t living up to the expectations you had. However we hope seeing you here again! Please contact us directly by email to reservations@freyshotels.com if you would like to book room and stay with us again.

Guest Relations

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

The room is very small and there is barely space to open up our luggages. Breakfast is not bad. Dinner at the restaurant is nice. The reason for giving only 2 stars is that on the morning of my checkout, I spotted a small cockroach crawling on the bed sheet. Left me shocked and disgusted...

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Travel-a-bug

Dear,

Thank you for taking your time and write here at Tripadvisor.

I´m really sad to hear you stay with us wasn´t what you expected. You are writing that there was a cockroach on the bed in your room which is something we never heard about. We feel it very sad you didnt tell any one at the Front Desk about this so we could do something in this particular situation.

Please feel free to contact me or my colleagues at the Sales Department on e-mail address reservations@freyshotels.com , We will of course hear more about your stay and what happend.

Best Regards,