“Most convenient location”
Review of Freys Hotel

Freys Hotel
Ranked #16 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stay at the Freys Hotel during our most recent business trip to Stockholm and the location is fantastic since it take only a few minutes from the train station to the Hotel. I love the decor even the standard rooms are very small.

The staff greeting you with a big smile and a good choice is served for breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Giggelsteiner
TiinaKalpa, Director of Sales at Freys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Im pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward seeing you again! With kind regards Tiina Kalpa Sales&marketing manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

All in all the hotel is no bad deal: it's just next to the railway station, where also the airport buses stop and it's very central for going shopping and a good starting point for discovering stockholm. Also the breakfast is pretty good and staff is professional.

One remark:
We booked our trip trough ebookers where I paid an upgrade for a twin/large double, as i read that the small doubles were only 120cm beds. When we arrived we got a very tiny room with a double bed which clearly was not larger than 120cm. Also the room was dark, the furniture old and everything a bit dusty, except for the very modern although small bathroom.
Since we had our rooms upgraded I complained and we recieved without hesitation a twin room instead (however that bed we got counted as LARGE double room!). Not only did we have more space to sleep but also the room itself was much brighter and more modern. Hence, if you're not happy with the room you get ask to see another one, it seems like they have older and renovated rooms to the same price.

Room Tip: Ask for another room if you dont like yours! The "boutique" idea that every room is a bi...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Freys was a great hotel - very close to the major terminal which had busses to and from the airport which was very convient.

Also walking distance form major shopping area!
We walked to the Museums from the hotel, which was a bit of a trek but a very enjoyable walk if you have nice weather - lots to see and enjoy.

Rooms were very nice and cute - staff were also very friendly

Hotel restaurant was also nice!

free wifi

Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed two nights. Perfect location in a quiet street just oposite the airport express terminal. Rooms were clean, I did not have a problem with the size. Breakfast was below average so thats the reason I probaly won´t come back. A bit cheaper than the other hotels in the aerea, so there is that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My room was on the fourth floor; it was very quiet, clean and overall nice. Great breakfast served till 11am (on weekends) in a spacious room. Very good location of the hotel, just walk Bryggargatan away from the hotel and Drottninggatan with all the stores lays at your feet!

The only pieces of critique I can think of is that the pillows were extremely hard and hard to "shape". But I managed to sleep by using one of the smaller pillows on the couch!!

Also, it was a bit hot in the breakfast room..

Regarding the size of the rooms: I stayed in a single room which had a couch in it as well as a bed. For me though, it wasn't too small to handle.

Regarding the price of the rooms: My experience tells me that the closer to the city centre that you live, the more expensive are the rooms. Freys hotell, however, was not the most expensive. Radisson is located not far from Freys and I think their price for a single room was twice the sum of Frey's!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floors. The further you get from the bar, the better!! Unless, you'r...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us !
I Hope to see you again i Stockholm and at Freys Hotel ! Best Regards Tiina Kalpa Sales&Marketing Manager

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Before booking Freys (using up our last Air Miles) we considered several other hotels all supposedly fairly central and value for money. What a good job we eventually decided on Freys - 2 rooms for 3 people for 4 nights in August on what will probably be our one and only visit to Stockholm. Please any of you reading this review dont look any further if you are arriving by air and using the Arlanda Express - any closer to the station and one would be complaining of train noise etc. Granted the rooms are on average a bit small but with a bit of self discipline we came to love our room esp as we used the garden outside our window as a meeting point with our friend instead of a balcony - dont tell the hotel we took our own sherry and whisky - and after that there were sufficient different beers in the bar to last a lifetime. The title indicates the only real problem with the room - very little storage space. In many other ways this hotel is exceptional - breakfast, reception service, value for money, not least location - and Stockholm is a wonderful city if a little pricey but we did our research and took in all the major sights (using the travel cards sold to us by reception) and also did two addn boat trips - one 'Under the bridges' and two a dinner cruise to the Royal Palace (though its a pity the dancing buffet cruise wasnt running). Every time our 86yo friend became tired from walking each of the islands, public transport was available - bus, tram, ferry, tube - Stockholm is that kind of place and Freys is our kind of hotel - even mussels for lunch on the last day before rushing to the station for our afternoon flight back to Heathrow. And not every restaurant is as expensive as the select bistro in the same street as we found by going back in the evening to places we noted earlier in each day. One other observation coffee and cake can cost you more in Stockholm than a good pub meal and beer in England - but weve done that, got the T-shirt and now for Stieg Larsson

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
TiinaKalpa, Sales & Marketing Manager at Freys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your nice review. Im pleased to hear that everything went well and you were happy
stay at Freys Hotel . I hope that we will meet again and I wish you a succesful year 2013
Regards Tiina Kalpa Sales & Marketing Manager

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Being a regular visitor to Stockholm I read the reviews here with a bit of concern. The one thing I did want was to be close to the Arlanda Express as I had heaps of heavy luggage and Freys did not disappoint. It is literally, across the street.

The rooms ... well I booked the Freys Suite and it was wonderful. I could not fault anything about it (except for that hideous awful coffee 'bag' thing!). The rate I got for the suite was excellent and less than the cost of the big hotel across the street for a 'normal' room so I'm certainly very happy with that. I will say though that I do agree with previous comments on the size of the shower cubicle. It is small and I'm not big!

The breakfast ... loved it. Eggs that taste like eggs and perfectly 4 or 8 minute boiled. Great coffee, fantastic selection of breads, hot and cold items. Certainly absolutely nothing to complain about at all.

The staff... very helpful. Everywhere in the hotel - the bar and reception desk through to the room maids everyone couldn't have been more helpful. AND there is an ice machine that makes proper ice!!!

Do I have any complaints? Yes just one. The room service menu is dreadful if you don't want mussels. My club sandwich was truly awful but thats probably my fault for choosing it in Sweden in the first place! Actually... a couple of ordinary Swedish dishes to choose from would be good - meatballs?

But overall, thank you Freys, I will be back. Loved your hotel.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank SadTravellingOnMyOwn
TiinaKalpa, Director of Sales at Freys Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Greetings from Stockholm ! Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing our hotel.
Im pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the room , Freys Suite! Thank you for your feedback about the room service meny and the coffee facilities on the room.
We look forward your next visit at Freys Hotels in Stockholm, With kindest regards, Tiina Kalpa /Sales & marketing Manager