Hotel Birger Jarl
$218
$198
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel C Stockholm(Stockholm)(Great Value!)
$187
Hotel Rival(Stockholm)
$244
$230
1,672 results
All reviewsnice hotelcity centrebreakfast buffett banaminute walkquiet streetold townmini barunderground stationmeatballsjunior suitegamla stanbusiness hotelbusiness tripon foott centralennice bar
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was one of a party of over 30 people attending a course at the School of Economics. For us the location was ideal as the school is a five minute walk away. As I was staying for five nights I took on board previous reviews and made sure I did not have a cabin room. My room was a larger double and actually had three beds within it. The fittings looked a wee bit tired however the cleanliness of the room and comfort of the bed was of a very high standard. Being there just after mid-summer's night meant it never truly got dark. No problem with good curtains (which I did have) however they were just marginally too short and so light got through. Perhaps this is one of the advantages of a cabin room which has no window! I liked the wet room bathroom and the drainage was quick and efficient so no wet floor for hours. I found the staff at the hotel very helpful and made use of the free computer and printer in the basement.

Breakfast even after five days did not get boring. The selection was huge and very fresh and healthy. They even offer vitamin C tablets. I had some free time before my flight home and used the tourist hop on bus. As usual it was pricey but since I only had a few hours it was a good way to see the city and convince me to come back to visit.

Would I go back to the Hotel, yes for business purposes but not sure if I'd select it for a special trip or holiday.

Room Tip: I had a front facing room on the second floor but did not experience any issues with traffic or street noise
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Planning a business trip to Stockholm in late May it was difficult to find a decent hotel in Stockholm for less than about 150 EUR (NZD250) per night, so I was pleased to find the Birger Jarl for that price, which included breakfast and Wi-Fi.
The location is close to downtown and only three blocks east of Radmansgaten T-bana.
The hotel is modern and the staff very helpful and polite, helping with parking, suggesting places to go for a jog, shopping etc. I went up the end of Tulegaten and left around to Sveavagen and over the main road to Brunnsviken a large pretty lake with a great walking path round the lake where couples stroll and relax by the water.
The room was a little small, typical of a big city hotel, and only looked into an internal courtyard but had everything you need: coffee/tea making facilities, mini bar with complimentary mineral water, large flat screen TV and very comfortable bedding. I had a great sleep every night. The bathroom was small but very clean and had a walk-in shower. The room was very quiet as there is hardly any traffic on Tulegaten.
As others have noted the breakfast buffet was excellent with lots of choice and decent coffee.
I liked that they serve breakfast till later on the weekend so a 10:30am breakfast on Saturday after a sleep-in was a luxury. I also ate in the restaurant for dinner after my colleagues arrived at 9:00pm and the service was great. I stayed for 3 nights and overall had a great stay. I would recommend this hotel for a short business stay.

Room Tip: Get a room higher up looking out over the street as there is no internal view.
1  Thank keitho59
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Three things I will remember from this hotel.
1. It was very quiet indeed. Excellent sleep quality. This part of Stockholm was very very quiet in mid june, and I believe it be so too all year.
2. Excellent breakfast! I am quite critical about my breakfast, but this was beyond my expectations! Delicious, healthy too and plentiful. Very Good.
3.Service was smooth and kind and location good at metro station Rådmansgatan being on a five minutes walking distance, some 300 meters
My room was not luxurious, on the other hand I got what I paid for, it fulfilled all of my expectations and I would not like to pay any more of something that I do not need.
I liked the new bottle of mineral water every day.

Room Tip: The location Tulegatan (the street) is a very quiet street so I got the feeling that all rooms are quiet.
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Nice enough hotel in a decent location 10mins walk from Sture Plan, with several nearby restaurants. However, it has to be one of the most soul less hotels I have ever visited. Room (cabin room - which doesn't have a window) was clean and fit for purposes, but was stark and devoid of any creature comforts. I wasn't looking forward to returning to the room each evening after a long day in the office. Perhaps the other bedrooms are better? Would I stay here again? No.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Jenny B, Manager at Hotel Birger Jarl, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We welcome and pay close attention to all feedback as it helps us improve our standard and service in line with our guest expectations.
We offer various room types here at Hotel Birger Jarl to meet all our guests’ expectations. A few of the rooms are "cabin rooms", rooms without window as economic alternative witches are very appreciated by our guests.
We have several rooms designed by famous Swedish architects and designers ( including Cabin rooms). Last year we refurbished lobby and bar / restaurant with a Scandinavian atmosphere.
I look forward welcoming you back to us and to try another room type.
I wish you a nice summer!

Kind regards,

Jenny Björk
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of days on business.

Arrived late but they still rustled up a gourmet burger with an unusual Marie sauce. Really terrific...

Used the gym the second night which was perfect for my needs.

All in all no complaints

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank steveyw

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this feedback. I have passed on your compliments to our kitchen.
They send their regards and I do agree that we got some excellent hamburgers.

I wish you a nice summer and welcome back in the future.

Kind regards,