“The budget traveller has 5* service here. Amazing hotel!”
Review of Hotel C Stockholm

Hotel C Stockholm
Ranked #31 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
Sao Paulo, SP
“The budget traveller has 5* service here. Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed March 3, 2010

OVERVIEW
This is a huge hotel. At the first time, it´s easy to get lost along its corridors, looking for the lift or for your room...
I spent 3 nights in Stockholm at Nordic Sea Hotel. I was in a 40-day trip throughout Scandinavia and this was the best hotel I´ve been during the travel. They have normal rooms and express rooms (smaller and without windows - not a problem at all to me, specially if you remember that sunset is late and sunrise is early in Stockholm, during the summer).

If you make your reservation at their website (http://www.nordicseahotel.se/en/), they have a promotion (stay 3 nights, pay for 2), and this is really cool. It completely fits to the budget traveller. I spent SEK 1380 (around 190 USD) for the 3 nights. This was cheaper than the hostels in Stockholm (I was looking for a private single room with bathroom).
Besides, the Absolute Ice Bar is at the lobby of Nordic Sea Hotel and as a guest I had a good discount, with a free soft drink.
The cleanliness of the hotel is amazing.

ROOM
I was given room nº 1239, one of the express rooms, without windows. The room size was OK, larger than I expected. The bed was large, almost a double bed! Very comfortable, so was the pillow. There was a working desk, with high speed internet (they give you the cables), very good connection. I had also a coffee machine. When I made the reservation through their web site, 3 months before my arrival, there was the information that I would have free coffee, tea and chocolate sachets, but there weren´t none. I called the reception and I was told that this service was not available anymore for that room type, but as I had made the reservation before, they quickly sent me sachets enough for my 3-night stay. Not to mention the many "sorries" I have heard.

There was climate control system, iron and iron board, safe, shampoo, hair conditioner, soap bar and shower gel (my hair got nice using their products! And the smell... hummm...), mini bar with beverages, snacks and wine on the desk, and TV.

The bathroom was small but very comfortable and functional. All the amenities worked well. Very nice shower. Good space for putting personal itens, like moisture creams, hairbrush, combs, clothes. Very good illumination. The only problem to me was the lack of a place to put shampoo, soap and conditioner inside the shower box, so everything has to be put on the floor while you´re taking shower.

There was a complete silence in the room and I could sleep very well in the 3 nights.

LOCATION
Location couldn´t be better. It´s within walking distance to almost everything. The central train station is just beside and the bus terminal is a few minutes away.
Not necessary to mention that the surroundings are very safe. I arrived late almost everyday and had no problem at all concerning security. The Gamle Stan is only 10-15 minute walk, so are the piers where you take the boats to Birka and other tours.

SERVICE
Breakfast is served in a nice place, well decorated. There are many options to choose, many types of breads, jams, cheese, fruits, teas etc...
Room service was perfect. I asked a meal at the room and I was served quickly. The food was great!
My room was well cleaned everyday.
The broadbrand wired internet was high speed and I haven´t had any problems with the connection. There are computers with free internet at the lobby, but I haven´t used them.
All the staff is very helpful and polite, including the people who clean the rooms.
The receptionists at the front desk are helpful and polite. Check-in was quick, but check-out was a bit slow.

I had some laundry and, when I checked out my clothes were not ready yet. As I was going to come back to Stockholm 5 days later, to take a train to Narvik, it was OK picking them after. However when I came back, nobody knew about my clothes and couldn´t find them. I´ve waited for almost 1 hour, and had to go, as my train was going to leave soon. The front office supervisor, Michael Kjellander, was very helpful and undertook sending me my clothes, wherever I would go, and even told me I could buy new clothes if I needed ´cause the hotel would pay for them. I was a bit upset, as I needed (and liked) the clothes, but there was nothing I could do. What was my surprise: I was picking up my stuff at the lockers in Central train station and Michael appeared, breathless, with my clothes! So I have nothing to complain...

OVERALL
I definitely recommend staying at Nordic Sea Hotel. I had a 5* service at a low price. I will come back to Stockholm and surely will stay again at this hotel. I would like to register my gratitude for Michael´s efforts in solving my problems with the laundry.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
3 Thank Viking_Janaluna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Booked by an agency and wasn't disappointed. Nice enough rooms and excellent shower. Colleague of mine however got placed in a room without a real window, beware! Was disappointing that the bar was closed at 8pm on a tuesday. I know there are better places to stay in the area around central station so will probably not use again.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Tychy, Poland
Reviewed February 17, 2010

Good breakfast and restaurant service. Package including overnight stay, breakfast, free wireless internet in your room and late check-out ;)

Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
Hertford, England
Reviewed February 12, 2010

Fabulous hotel, in the heart of the city, right next door to the main train station, lots for breakfast, clean stylish room. All for £60/night. Well chuffed!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Cambridge
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Excellent location for those arriving by train into Stockholm - the hotel is literally outside the station entrance. The entrance lobby and bar are very impressive (think big fish tanks, fancy sofas), but the rooms are a little more plain.

Staff were friendly and (of course) the English was excellent. Breakfast was of good quality, as was the room service I had delivered. The food is no more expensive than can be expected of a hotel (with a captive market).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Olathe, KS
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We stayed at the Nordic Sea for three days in June 2009. The hotel has a great location. It's literally next door to the Arlanda Express! It is also only a short walk to the Central Train/Subway station. We even walked to Old Town Stockholm from the hotel. Only about 10 min away. Has great access to the buses as well.

We stayed in the most basic room and found it to be super comfortable, clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We really like the free computers by the front desk. I was able to email my parents who were joining us on the trip, but due to their airline they had been stuck in Atlanta for a night and we had no idea when their flight would be arriving. Luckily we were able to get in contact with them via phone and internet easily. The phone call wasn't too expensive either.

The staff were very helpful through this traveling fiasco and gave us free drink tickets just as a nice little surprise for my parents when they arrived since they already knew about their situation. We also went to the Absolut Ice Bar one night. You have to make reservations and it is probably a bit touristy, but we thought it was fun. The drinks were really good and it was a fun experience.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Paris
Reviewed January 25, 2010

The Nordic Sea Hotel has a very practical situation : it is in the center of the city, next to the main train station and we could walk almost to anywhere. The subway is also very close and when we needed to take a cab at night, it did only cost 7 euros.

The rooms are small but clean. The breakfast buffet is not crazy : there are not many things available.

The staff is nice but not extremely helpful : we asked for a toothbrush because I forgot mine and they said they cannot bring it up so we had to go down at night...

We selected this hotel because of the wellness center and that was not available : in fact, it is not in this hotel but in sister hotel Nordic Light so you have to go out to get in the wellness center, which was closed for renovations.

The Ice Bar is in the hotel. It is not worth it, as it is expensive for what it is (15 euros for 30 minutes) : it is very small and the ice sculptures are very basic and there is nothing impressive comparing to the other ones I did.

I would recommend this hotel for anybody who wants to travel around the city.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends