“Effortlessly effective”

Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in Stockholm
London, United Kingdom
“Effortlessly effective”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

A few steps from the Arlanda Express, good value, helpful staff and all the facilities you need for a business trip, including free wifi. I like this place a lot after two stays. No frills but it does everything really well, without fuss or friction. And that is not to be sneezed at.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room. Pay for a window unless you are on a really tight budget.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nordicsea, Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Julian,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoy staying with us. I hope we will see you as our guest soon again.
Patrik Hofstedt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Malmo, Sweden
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a perfect location, only a few meters far from the centralstation. The rooms are clean but very basic for this category of hotel. They use a public wifi so you have to create an account only for this (free of charge but annoying!).
Compare to the other hotels in the area, it is a bit expensive for the provided service. But it still remains a good hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Nordicsea, Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear guest,
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Upon your next visit you can use the same account for our free Wifi. I welcome you back, and you will allways find our best prices at our own website.

Uppsala
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I stayed at the Nordic Sea Hotel for a seminar. It was a room and board package. When I arrived, the people at the reception desk couldn't find my reservation. Instead of fixing it - which would have been easy - they sent me to another desk. The people there could not understand why I was bothering them and sent me back to the first desk. The staff at both desks had a bad attitude all the way through. At dinner, the staff had not heard of my pre-ordered vegetarian food. After more displays of bad attitude, and after all of my colleagues had finished their dinners, my food arrived. It turned out to be a mix of cold hors d'oeuvres from the buffet - in gravy. Living by the saying "you can't whip a dead horse", I gave up and started eating the supplied bread instead. This is when the seminar leader discovered my plight and complained on my behalf. After yet another long wait, another dinner arrived. It was lukewarm fried spaghetti and just as inedible. The room was very small and charmless. The service was non-existent. Considering that the price paid for this dump was not at all low, there is no way that I will ever return. I'll give NSH two stars just because it was clean.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Nordic_traveler_12
Dear guest,
I am sad to hear that we didn´t deliver the level of service that we normally do. And I can only apolygize and hope that you give us an other chance.

Hamphire UK
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Straight off the Arlanda Express from the airport to the Central Station in Stockholm, and this hotel is right outside. Also very easy to walk the 5 mins from the hotel through the station/shopping mall to the Waterfront Congress Centre. The Ice Bar in the hotel is a novel experience (for non-Scandinavians) but make sure you have deep pockets. Don't normally do breakfast, but as it was included in the price I made it one morning, and the food was plentiful in choice and good.

The room was tiny and strangely decorated with a near 360 degree city scape (the only windows in the room). Defines "compact", but adequately equipped, comfortable bed, and good shower; fine for one on business, although 3 nights was enough.

Staff all very efficient and pleasant.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nordicsea, Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your review, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, our icebar and breakfast buffét. The location is, as you write, one of the most central in Stockholm. If you plan to come for a longer visit, we also have bigger rooms with windows. Hope to see you with us soon again.
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

If I was drunk or a students this might be fine, but I'm not, I'm tired and hungary. the check in was surly, the bar staff the same and the room is minuscule and very basic, No windows , no hanging space. 2m x 3m the only positive thing I can say is that it is a few metres from the Arlanda express. Never again

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank StevenG2
Dear Steven,
Thank you for your review, as I understand you stayed in one of our cabin rooms, and they are small and windowless, some of our guests don´t like them and some love them for being so quiet. We also have bigger rooms with windows, and we would be happy to host you in one of them upon your next arrival in Stockholm.
Oslo
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed at the hotel from friday to sunday. Good service at the reception when we arrived, very quick check-in and check out. Nice breakfast, a bit crowded and clean nice rooms.

The hotel also benefits from central location

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nordicsea, Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Oystein,
Thank you for your review, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our breakfastbuffé.
Welcome back to Nordic Sea upon your next arrival in Stockholm.
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Hotel is very good located in the center and directly at Arlanda Express. Also teh room pictures are nice as it looks very modern. Once you are in the room you see the dirt in the corners and the hairs of the previous guest.

My collegue in another room had the same problem.

After houskeeping thinks were just not done, no refill of soap, no cleaning of the floor not cleaning of the shower.

Breakfast is ok, depends on what you like. The bacon is swimming in grease and the cerials are tastless.

Bottomline, next time I will go to another Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nordicsea, Manager at Hotel C Stockholm, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Of course should all our rooms be properly cleaned for every guest, and I can only apolygize that our housekeeping department didn´t deliver up to our standard this time. I have informed our housekeeping manager about the case.