A very clean, modern hotel in the municipality of Lindingö. The hotel is excellent value compared with the higher-priced, more centrally located hotels in Stockholm city itself. To get into the city, you have to walk 5 minutes to a bus stop, take a 2 minute bus trip over the Lidingöbron (Lindingö bridge) to Ropsten metro station, and then it is an easy 10-15 minute journey on the red 13 line. You can also walk to Ropsten over the old foot bridge in about 25-30 minutes.
The rooms are very clean and modern. The beds are amongst the comfiest we have ever slept in, especially for a hotel. The bathroom in our room was also very clean, with a powerful shower (always welcome). There is free WIFI internet in the rooms.
Our interaction with staff was limited to check-in, check-out and asking for advice on how to get to the metro station, but we found them to be very helpful and friendly (as are most Swedes in general, actually).
There is a free breakfast buffet, which offers a generous sweep of different foods, from hot stuff like scrambled eggs, bacon, smoked sausages, baked beans to colder bites like fruit, breads, cereals and porridge. The food is very good given that it is mass-produced and presumably sits out on the side for no small amount of time.
A couple of minor points - instead of a double bed we had two singles pushed together. This didn't bother us too much though as we don't tend to sleep wrapped up together! The other downside was that there is no room service. According to Scandic, they have listened to customer feedback, and their customers don't want room service. Instead, they offer a 24-hour shop in the lobby selling sandwiches and other light snacks. When we arrived from the airport at 11pm, we really wanted something hot and substantial, so it was disappointing to learn that our only choice was a pre-packaged sandwich.
I don't want to end the review on a downer, so I'll sum-up: this hotel is clean, modern, in a great location (providing you are physically able enough to walk to the bus and/or metro station) and great value. The free breakfast buffet is excellent and the staff are very friendly and helpful. If we come back to Stockholm (and I think we will), we will almost certainly stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Scandic Foresta hotel is located on Lidingo island in Stockholm's central archipelago, only 15 minutes from Stockholm city centre.The Scandic Foresta hotel lets you explore both Stockholm and the charming Lidingo island. Lidingo offers great opportunities for outdoor activities throughout the year. Enjoy walking, biking, a round of golf or head into the city centre to experience all that Stockholm has to offer. Don't miss a visit to neighbouring Millesgarden, the home and art gallery of the famous artist Carl Milles.Scandic Foresta has been an important meeting place since 1910 when Wilhelmina Shogh first opened the doors to her castle on the cliff. At the Scandic Foresta hotel you can arrange a meeting or conference in one of our 13 meeting rooms, or plan an event in the castle turret. In the evening you're welcome to enjoy a delicious dinner in our hotel restaurant, with views over Stockholm and its waters. At the hotel you can also enjoy our lobby bar, shop and gym as well as free access to wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Foresta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Foresta Stockholm
- Scandic Foresta Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Sweden
- Stockholm Best Western