This hotel apparently used to be a top choice for the rich and famous like Walt Disney, the Beatles etc. You can see beautiful people hanging out by the pool in old pictures from the 60's. Now they don't even have a sauna anymore..
Stayed in a superior plus room which was big, in good condition and with reasonably nice furniture. There was a kettle and some instant coffee in the room and the views towards the Lidingö bridge were great. No bathtub in the room and no more minibar either but there was an ice machine in the corridor.
The breakfast was good and the bistro on the terrace had a great view towards the sunset. Service was confused but the beef sandwich was ok. The main restaurant was closed for renovations.
The location of this hotel has some potential when the light rail connection to Lidingö is reopened in 2014/2015. The shore area needs some improvement though. It is hard to believe that this hotel will regain its former glory. That would require a rebranding to something like a Hilton and some significant investment in bathrooms, pools/sauna etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Scandic Foresta hotel is located on Lidingo island in Stockholm's central archipelago, only 15 minutes from Stockholm city centre.The Scandic Foresta hotel lets you explore both Stockholm and the charming Lidingo island. Lidingo offers great opportunities for outdoor activities throughout the year. Enjoy walking, biking, a round of golf or head into the city centre to experience all that Stockholm has to offer. Don't miss a visit to neighbouring Millesgarden, the home and art gallery of the famous artist Carl Milles.Scandic Foresta has been an important meeting place since 1910 when Wilhelmina Shogh first opened the doors to her castle on the cliff. At the Scandic Foresta hotel you can arrange a meeting or conference in one of our 13 meeting rooms, or plan an event in the castle turret. In the evening you're welcome to enjoy a delicious dinner in our hotel restaurant, with views over Stockholm and its waters. At the hotel you can also enjoy our lobby bar, shop and gym as well as free access to wireless internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Otel, HotelTravel.com and Odigeo so you can book your Scandic Foresta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Foresta Stockholm
- Scandic Foresta Hotel Stockholm
- Best Western Sweden
- Stockholm Best Western