All reviews presidential suite carl milles soap and shampoo nice hotel the hotel reception breakfast room comfortable rooms one night stay hotel is located no air conditioning city centre excellent breakfast t centralen would stay again mini bar reception staff t bana
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed in junior suite with our family of 2 adults+2 children. Room(s) was very nice, but when made reservation I thought suites would be at the sea side and had a view to Stockholm. We had sea view but most of it were covered by the older part of hotel. Rooms starting with 1-6xx are in the new wing (yellow cube-shaped building), starting with 7-10 in older building (with tower etc). Scandic Foresta's website you can see this older side of hotel, most of the rooms are not at this building.

Guy at receptions was very nice and friendly, made very good impression.

Dinner was average, service at restaurant good.

Breakfast room was too small maybe because there were some kind of reparations going on. Had to sit outside.

Room Tip: Check before hand where your room is located, if view important to you
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The view is lovely - I've stayed here twice, once on medium floor, once in their top suite after asking to change from a smaller suite.

The staff were helpful both times, we asked to switch rooms as the fan outside our first suite was very loud and we were moved without any questions asked or extra charge.

Breakfast is varied and fairly good. Food at the restaurant is alright. The shop is expensive and the hotel feels fairly large and soulless. The 'jacuzzi' in the suite is only a large bathtub, no actual whirlpool effect.

Location is decent. Nice view, fairly close to town, fairly quiet. Millesgården is worth a visit if you like sculpture, or just a stroll in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dorothy P
Jenny S, Front Office Manager at Scandic Foresta, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hi!

We are glad you liked the view and that you find the staff helpful! It is correct that we don't have jacuzzi, just a regular bath tub that is a little bit bigger than normal. I would like to apologize if it was anyone in our staff that gave you the wrong information.
We hope to see you as our guest again soon!

Kind regards
Jenny

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Really a pity that Scandic hotels can NOT manage the hotel better.

The view is fantastic. Gorgeous. And yet close to the center of Stockholm. Location is good. They are only 2 minutes away (walk) from the famous Milles Gård museum and if you walk down the slope towards the water, you can catch a train that goes to the station, Ropsten (3 mins) where you can take the underground into the city.

The rooms are clean and simple but well furnished.

The staff are undermanned and have not renovated much that it looks depressive at the lobby. The poor receptionist is alone and was alone after only a 2 week training. She was really having a hard time. I only wanted to call my father from Japan who was staying at the hotel and had to wait for a long time to ask the receptionist to let me use their in-house phone. It costs us a fortune to call on a Japanese mobile or any mobile that is outside of Sweden. So why don't they have an in-house phone for customers to reach their guests at the lobby? Or near the lobby? Such detailed but important BASIC service is missing at this hotel! Really a pity. How can they miss that? The staff are very kind but are just undermanned. I could see that they are trying their best but it is really undermanned that they can not provide the service they should and would like to (maybe).

The hotel used to be a fancy place. Even the "Beatles" stayed at this hotel when they came to Sweden. But now it really has become shabby. The only attraction is their view! Overlooking the ocean and small islands nearby. They have a nice bar but the restaurant is a joke. The cook does not know how to cook. Very awful food. My father ordered a medium steak but was over well-done. The only edible thing they had that day was asparagus which was a part of the salad bar. So of course everyone took a lot of that.Then they ran out of the asparagus quickly and we could not have any helpings. It is a catastrophe. The breakfast was just as bad. What breakfast buffet does not have toast bread to toast? It's a 135kr breakfast! My husband asked for some toast bread, then instead of excusing themselves for not having it, they told him to use another kind of strange doughy round white bread. I think they really need to change and make the breakfast buffet better if they want to charge that much. Otherwise, they should charge half the price. The problem with staying at this hotel is that there is not a cafe or restaurant nearby where you can take a nice breakfast elsewhere, so you have to go for a 10-15 minute walk or take a tram into the city. So if they would improve the breakfast and the breakfast staff, the hotel would not be such a bad place to stay.

Room Tip: 511, 507 have very good views.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ahfeurst
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before (we negotiated a good price on their top suite - great!). This time a relative from Japan stayed one night in a room with a very nice view. But... We wanted to spend time together so we booked an outdoor table in their restaurant. They recommended their grilled menu. To quote our guest regarding the meat: "it was barely eatable". The owenbaked potato and the corn on the cob was like rubber (probably micro heated). The only parts that was ok was the coleslaw and the green asparagus (finished in a blink, one of us only got a little (see picture). Staff was nice but sometimes literally running over the floor - undermanned! The next morning we wanted to have a nice breakfast together. Now the coffee was good (even though the machine did not work properly) but there was no toast at all. The woman in charge said that we should toast the "normal", round bread instead (see picture). I have never had a hotel breakfast in the western world without toast! Our general impression is that Hotel Foresta is struggling for survival, undermanned and with cut-cost material in the restaurants. Their rooms are clean, nicely decorated and have wonderful views, but don't eat anything in this hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms are generally good and the view is wonderful. Take the northern side and enjoy the sunset! The top suite has sauna and huge bathtub..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Laotse2
Jenny S, Receptionschef at Scandic Foresta, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Hello
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our amazing view over Lidingö and that you had a good stay in your hotel room. I am so sorry to hear that our standard in the restaurant was not up to your expectations. Your feedback is very important to us so I have forwarded your comments to our restaurant manager.
Hope to see you again.
Best regards
Jenny

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My wife should suprise me with a night at a hotel, finally we got one night that we could spend togetger without our Children 1 year and 3 years old. It should be a relaxing romantic hideaway we hoped. But not, our stay was a nightmare, the doublebed we paid for was two very tiny singel bed. when we was thirsty and wanted something to drink there was nothing, no minibar and no bottles of water and no drinkingglass. I called down to roomservice and got the answer there is no such kind of service, I should drink the water from the tap? I asked very polite if I could come down to reception and maybe pick up some bottles of water. This was in the middle of night and I was forced to dress me and Went down to reception to hear that the water was not possible to get because the staff was not able to leave the counter?
I CAN NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO STAY AT SCANDIC HOTEL FORESTA AT LIDINGÖ
Scandic Foresta should not be in the Hotel business at all. They are very rude, and we are still angry with their unpleasant behavior. DONT STAY AT THIS PLACE EVER!!! save your Money and go whereever else.

Darius Rosenquist, Lidingö, Sweden

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TuningChip I
ScandicForesta, General Manager at Scandic Foresta, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Dear Mr. Rosenqvist, your review is based on your stay with us last year and since then our Hotel Manager has been in contact with you several times were we have offered you 100% reduction of your stay since you wasn´t satisfied which we are sorry to hear. This amount is also deducted from the invoice we did send you regarding destroyed property during your stay. We are still awaiting your payment or response.