3,376 results
All reviews the executive lounge old town gamla stan diamond member queen room across the bridge main building short walk an upgrade excellent location metro stop underground station meatballs breakfast buffet long weekend beautiful city vasa museum
Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Hilton Slussen is located on a canal right across the bridge from the old town, an easy 5 minute walk. Lots of restaurants and cafes nearby. Check in was smooth and the front desk staff were very helpful and accomodating. Lobby is bright and inviting.
Our room was small and on a lower level, with an unpleasant odor in the bathroom. We called the front desk and were quickly moved to a room on a higher level. The room was still small (typical for European hotels), but the bathroom was nice size and well equipped. And no odor.
The included breakfast was substantial with a good variety of foods and an omelette station. They had a professional juicer for the patrons to use, something I have never seen before in a hotel. There were fresh apples, pears and carrots there to make your own custom juice blend. A very nice amenity.
We ate dinner out the first night at a nearby Swedish pub, which was recommended by the hotel. Authentic Swedish cuisine in a lovely atmosphere. Food was excellent, and there was a substantial selection of Swedish craft beers also available. Apparently this is an area with a few small breweries.
We ate at the hotel restaurant the next night and also had a very good meal, reasonably priced.
Except for the incident with the room odor, which was quickly corrected, and a small room, we were very pleased with the hotel and would definitely return if we are ever in Stockholm again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ChristinaS5545, Guest Relations Agent at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2018

Dear Lewis R,

Greetings from Hilton Stockholm Slussen! Thank you very much for taking the time to write your detailed review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you had a positive experience and really value our hotel. It is this kind of positive feedback that motivates us to continue to strive to deliver the best service.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hilton for your stay in Sweden. Should you consider visiting Stockholm again, please do not hesitate to contact me directly to ensure a more than excellent stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

We actually booked a queen room from the start but after arriving we felt like upgrading to something even better as the concept of our trip was kind of a late wedding-day celebration - and we were really not disappointed by that!

So we upgraded to a twin premium room (with view included). The room was large and has a great atmosphere overall. I mean, how can a completely marbled bathroom with built-in tub ever go wrong? Rooms are completely isolated... we didn´t hear a squeak from neighbours and as our son had a bad night sleep we understood that the people next to us had a quiet bedtime (which we appreciate, of course).

We also spent some time at the bar which in itself also has a great view (especially in the evening time) where we enjoyed some charcuterie and drinks.

Breakfast was great with fresh omelette made in front of your eyes where you choose the ingredients. Staff in general throughout the hotel were very helpful, polite and professional.

This place gets less then 5 stars as we expected more from the Queen-room which we originally booked - it was not Hilton standard to us and we needed to put more cash to really be satisfied.

Although we were very happy with the upgrade as it turned out to be such a huge difference in standard!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear robinochalexandra,

Greetings from Hilton Stockholm Slussen! Thank you for your recent thorough feedback of your stay with us. We are delighted to read that you had a positive experience and enjoyed many aspects of our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Stockholm Slussen on a future stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to ensure another excellent stay.

Reviewed September 18, 2018

When in line to check in, there was only one person ahead of us, and several employees at the reception desk milling around, completely ignoring us. When we asked whether there was more than one person to check people in, the Hilton employee said in a haughty voice, "So, you are not with the same company?" The only person checking in was an Asian man, and I am Asian, so was ignored. I was not there on business. Why would I be with the Asian man and his company? When he realized, I was a diamond member, the clerk apologized for his error but not his racial attitude The next morning, when approaching the hostess for breakfast, the hostess completely ignored me and addressed the tall man behind me to seat him. He was embarassed and told the hostess that I was in line in front of him (which was obvious) and that I was also hungry. As an attorney with a large Swedish government practice, I have never been treated this way by Swedes. Also, when checking out, I told the clerk (dark haired woman) about my experience and she told me I was not tellling the truth. She said, "No. I don't think so." However, the male clerk who checked me in was standing a few feet away. I told her to ask her colleague to verify since she was calling me a liar. She looked sheepish and would not do it, even to demonstrate to me that she herself was not lying. Also, food in the executive lounge is palry. Thumping music from restaurant below can be heard in room.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank oolig
Yulia T, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

Dear Madame,

I would like to use the opportunity and thank you for your ongoing loyalty to the Hilton family, as well as for taking time to share your thoughts here on TripAdvisor, related to your recent visit.

Please be informed that we have previously received your feedback about the experience upon check in, which has been already passed to our Management Team. We therefore find it very unfortunate to know that you were unhappy during the stay and have perceived the situation this way. Kindly note that here at Hilton Stockholm Slussen we are proud to represent 48 different nationalities and speak 34 languages respectively.

Should you ever consider visiting Stockholm again, please do not hesitate to contact us directly, and it will be a pleasure to provide any further assistance you may require to ensure more than an excellent stay.

Yulia T
Guest Relations Agent – Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I am a loyal Hilton Diamond guest staying over 100+ nights a year in Hilton Brand Hotels throughout the world. The Hilton Stockholm is simply over-priced and not up to Hilton normal Standards. The staff was very good and very polite. The problem is that we reserved a Junior Suite and were disappointed that there was no real closet place. Two doors with hangers on the back of door with minimal space, not conducive for business travel. No desk, just a table. The furniture was rather poor quality considering that the Junior Suite was $500 per night. We had additional business in Borås, Sweden and stayed in an $90 a night hotel with better quality furniture and two large closets.

The Hilton had a nice breakfast and enjoyed the executive lounge was good.
The location is excellent. Finally the decor of the hotel is certainly not pleasing to the eye. I do not mind paying $500 per night for nice Suite, but this Hotel does not meet the standards it could. I know that Stockholm is costly but other people we had business with stayed at other hotels at similar rates, but rooms were considerably better.

Trip type: Traveled on business
SabinaG628, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Stockholm Slussen, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear rivka k,

Greetings from Hilton Stockholm Slussen!
Thank you for taking the time to give us your detailed review on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast, location and Executive Lounge. Your kind words of praise towards the staff are very much appreciated. Should your travels bring you back to Stockholm, please feel free to contact me directly to ensure a more than excellent stay.

Best regards,

Sabina Gudmundsson
Guest Relations Manager - Hilton Stockholm Slussen

Reviewed September 16, 2018

We stayed at this hotel twice over the summer - once for the Stockholm marathon, and the second time over the August bank holiday weekend. On the second trip we paid more for an Executive Room, which was well worth it for access to the Executive Lounge! Brilliant view over the city and complimentary drinks and snacks every evening. Hotel is beautifully chic and found all the staff to be helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good with wide selection to choose from and meatballs from the Eken restaurant were delicious! Would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank elizabethbelle

Dear elizabethbelle,

Greetings from Hilton Stockholm Slussen! Thank you for taking the time to review your stays with us recently. We are delighted that you enjoyed both of your recent stays with us this summer. It is most gratifying to read your positive feedback. I will be forwarding on your comments with our team.

We here at the hotel hope to welcome you back in the future when visiting Stockholm. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to ascertain a more than comfortable experience.